Official Tournament of Power Eliminations Thread (Complete)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:57 am

Apologies for the double-post

I'm currently working on an update for the OP - which will include assists - and will take me a few days to get through.

I'm also adding how characters got eliminated (Final Kamehameha, for example), what episode it was in, and fixing the various hyperlinks that have since broken.

It should be fixed up and updated in time for this weekend's episode.

Please look forward to it!

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:48 am

shadowmaria wrote:Apologies for the double-post

I'm currently working on an update for the OP - which will include assists - and will take me a few days to get through.

I'm also adding how characters got eliminated (Final Kamehameha, for example), what episode it was in, and fixing the various hyperlinks that have since broken.

Just another reason to stick around with this thread. :D

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:26 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:Apologies for the double-post

Just another reason to stick around with this thread. :D
Thank you, kind user! I've updated the aforementioned up to Episode 100, and hope to smash out a couple more episodes tonight.

Hopefully the additions I'm making clarify things for everybody!

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:59 pm

Apologies for another double-post

The OP has been completely updated to reflect the means and episode of how a competitor got eliminated or gained an elimination

I have also added the much asked for section for assists. Krillin is leading this at the moment.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:28 pm

Roshi and Magetta are out.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Roshi eliminated himself.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:34 pm

Dont forget Maji-Kayo. He is out to.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:37 pm

I was following along with Herms to try and piece together this week's update to make things a little easier on me later on, but I'll make appropriate adjustments when I watch the episode in an hour or so.

I'll also point out that the scan from a couple of weeks ago indicated that Universe 6 and Universe 7 hadn't lost any more competitors by the time of the double-episode weekend, and also point out that it said that there would be 32 competitors remaining. We now know that to be false.

Also Master Roshi went before Vegeta did, so the ED animation is no longer a spoiler for elimination order. If I recall, the verdict is still out on the OP though.

Only 33 Competitors Remain in the Tournament of Power

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:39 pm

I really hate that stupid insult gag with Magetta. I wish that Botamo and Magetta, who have interesting abilities and are two of the five OGs from U6, would get more screen time and development than the bland and poorly written Kale and Caulifla who are just generic fighters like the rest of the Saiyans and offer nothing else besides Broly and female SSJ fanservice.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:42 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:I really hate that stupid insult gag with Magetta. I wish that Botamo and Magetta, who have interesting abilities and are two of the five OGs from U6, would get more screen time and development than the bland and poorly written Kale and Caulifla who are just generic fighters like the rest of the Saiyans and offer nothing else besides Broly and female SSJ fanservice.
I feel like Magetta had a really good showing against Vegeta in the Tournament of Destroyers, and Botamo had a better showing in the Tournament of Power than the former. So a good mix. Will be interesting to see how the manga handles this arc.

Speaking of the manga: Some people may have noticed a segment in the OP titled Toyotaro Version. This is to accommodate the manga's version of events, and so this thread will live on for a long time yet.

I look forward to discussions with everyone regarding this arc moving into the future - and for the next few years, based on the manga's pacing.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:53 pm

shadowmaria wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:I really hate that stupid insult gag with Magetta. I wish that Botamo and Magetta, who have interesting abilities and are two of the five OGs from U6, would get more screen time and development than the bland and poorly written Kale and Caulifla who are just generic fighters like the rest of the Saiyans and offer nothing else besides Broly and female SSJ fanservice.
I feel like Magetta had a really good showing against Vegeta in the Tournament of Destroyers, and Botamo had a better showing in the Tournament of Power than the former. So a good mix. Will be interesting to see how the manga handles this arc.

Speaking of the manga: Some people may have noticed a segment in the OP titled Toyotaro Version. This is to accommodate the manga's version of events, and so this thread will live on for a long time yet.

I look forward to discussions with everyone regarding this arc moving into the future - and for the next few years, based on the manga's pacing.
He did have a good showing against SSJ Vegeta, but we already knew from the previous tournament that he was stronger than SSJ Vegeta. So he didn't really exceed my expectations. I just don't get why Toriyama/Toyotaro/Toei waste a strong character with a unique fighting style just for the stake of a gag that nobody in the fanbase likes. They could have developed Magetta and make him overcome his mental weakness, but they chose not to for some reason. The same thing happened with Botamo too. He got knocked out again because of his overconfidence in his ability, even though base Goku showed Botamo in the previous tournament that Botamo's invulnerability doesn't guarantee that he won't get knocked out of the ring.

It's pretty clear that the writers have no love for any Universe 6 member, excluding Hit, that isn't of the same race as any of the main cast from U7.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:22 pm

In the assist part of the thread, I think you should have Master Roshi in it as well. After all, he did his lightning technique on the bug Guy that Tien eliminated. Also not sure if it counts but he did help free Vegeta and Vegeta did eliminate Maggeta.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:58 am

GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:In the assist part of the thread, I think you should have Master Roshi in it as well. After all, he did his lightning technique on the bug Guy that Tien eliminated. Also not sure if it counts but he did help free Vegeta and Vegeta did eliminate Maggeta.
In the OP, the rules are clearly outlined;
shadowmaria wrote:5. Assisted Elimination: This video is an excellent example of an assisted elimination. As you can see, despite two competitors working in tandem to eliminate Shosa, #18 is the competitor that makes the final blow that finally eliminates him. Therefore #18 gains 1 Elimination Point, and Krillin does not.
Master Roshi definitely does not gain an Assist Point for Magetta. That was all Roshi, irrespective of Roshi saving Vegeta's bacon from being sealed or not

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:29 am

Boo Machine wrote:Dont forget Maji-Kayo. He is out to.
And with flying colors i might add! xD

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:32 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Literally. Jiren punched him so hard he actually turned into flying colors.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:06 am

shadowmaria wrote:
GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:In the assist part of the thread, I think you should have Master Roshi in it as well. After all, he did his lightning technique on the bug Guy that Tien eliminated. Also not sure if it counts but he did help free Vegeta and Vegeta did eliminate Maggeta.
In the OP, the rules are clearly outlined;
shadowmaria wrote:5. Assisted Elimination: This video is an excellent example of an assisted elimination. As you can see, despite two competitors working in tandem to eliminate Shosa, #18 is the competitor that makes the final blow that finally eliminates him. Therefore #18 gains 1 Elimination Point, and Krillin does not.
Master Roshi definitely does not gain an Assist Point for Magetta. That was all Vegeta, irrespective of Roshi saving Vegeta's bacon from being sealed or not

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:12 am

Boo Machine wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
The thing is though, he didn't even punch the air, he just kind of pushed it really hard.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:23 am

Boo Machine wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Exactly what i meant. The way it was portrayed and the animation was what really stood out to me. (Besides the one-shotting ofcourse). It just felt so HUGE. Kinda like an atomic bomb that goes off xD

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:19 pm

Jimeze is out. Eliminated by Freeza.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:25 pm

Frost is out. Eliminated by Freeza.