Official Tournament of Power Eliminations Thread (Complete)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:48 am

Look like Hits going next episode.

Also, how would you list a character literally killing themselves(because that looks like it could happen).

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:54 am

JazzMazz wrote:Look like Hits going next episode.

Also, how would you list a character literally killing themselves(because that looks like it could happen).
I really hope he doesn't

Or at least, I hope he does as a result of killing Jiren :twisted:

If someone kills themselves, it will count as a self-elimination, and I would create a new field something along the lines of 'characters who killed themselves'

I honestly hadn't put too much thought into that happening, it never crossed my mind as a possibility.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:20 am

shadowmaria wrote:

I really hope he doesn't

Or at least, I hope he does as a result of killing Jiren :twisted:

If someone kills themselves, it will count as a self-elimination, and I would create a new field something along the lines of 'characters who killed themselves'

I honestly hadn't put too much thought into that happening, it never crossed my mind as a possibility.
Me neither, but it looks like thats whats going to happen. Hopefully its entertaining either way.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:11 am

He didn't leave against Dyspo.
Cabba didn't leave against Toppo
Ribraine didn't leave against Goku or Jiren
And Goku didn't get knocked out by Jiren.
Perhaps we should just stop trying at this point. :p

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:55 am

Chuquita wrote:The red flag that is the lack of a statement on the arc from Toriyama that exists for arcs prior to this one leads me to the napkin camp.

I think he's getting bored again and so is providing less and less input each arc, imo.
Toriyama's comment may have spoiled something, maybe they are saving it for later. He could have said something along the lines of: "This is Super's last arc!" or "This time around Goku will finally surpass Beerus" or "This is the last arc set in the 10 years gap" (yeah I know he would word it differently, but this should give the idea). Toriyama probably didn't write a detailed plot for this arc, but I'm quite sure episodes 109 - 110 were full of Toriyama's plot lines, and I believe that if he didn't state U7's character order of elimination he at least gave some guideline and detailed the elimination of the major players (none has been eliminated so far). Future Trunks arc too didn't have a very detailed outline yet it's clear the arc was full of Toriyama's ideas and some parts were very detailed (such as Goku meeting Zeno, Trunks' future, the Time Rings etc...).
I'm also starting to believe Toriyama might have given Toei and Toyotaro a lot of freedom so far because as long as no one surpassed Beerus/got very close to him the ending result would have been the same: Goku is no challenge for Jiren but he closes the gap once he unlocks the Ultra Instinct.
This makes me hope that from now on Toriyama will give more details to Goku's fights. It seems like he had a vision all along on how Goku would have surpassed Beerus.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:08 pm

I think these next few episodes will have more eliminations than people will expect. That is due to Toei wanting to least progress the plot more as 2017 starts to end. I believe this arc may end at 2018, but some eliminations will be needed for that to happen.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:45 pm

majinwarman wrote:I think these next few episodes will have more eliminations than people will expect. That is due to Toei wanting to least progress the plot more as 2017 starts to end. I believe this arc may end at 2018, but some eliminations will be needed for that to happen.
Off-topic - current 2mins an episode puts the Tournament of Power ending at 122. I don't foresee the Tournament running out of competitors before time is up

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:21 am

Big Black Saiyan wrote:

He didn't leave against Dyspo.
Cabba didn't leave against Toppo
Ribraine didn't leave against Goku or Jiren
And Goku didn't get knocked out by Jiren.
Perhaps we should just stop trying at this point. :p
Well, this pretty much confirms it.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:32 pm

HIT IS OUT!!

Eliminated by Jiren.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:36 pm

So Hit has officially LESS eliminations than Master Roshi and Krillin (who has three: Jium, Majora and Shosa).

Toei Animation Masterclass.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:52 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:So Hit has officially LESS eliminations than Master Roshi and Krillin (who has three: Jium, Majora and Shosa).

Well when you go after the stronger charaters this is what happens.

Roshi and Kuririn didn't take out the strongest characters but they used strategy to eliminate characters.

Having more eliminations does not equal stronger character
Last edited by Kinokima on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:So Hit has officially LESS eliminations than Master Roshi and Krillin (who has three: Jium, Majora and Shosa).

But Roshi was the one that eliminated Jium...

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:17 pm

This is because Toei doesn't let any progression beyond what the viewers are seeing happen in the tournament. Only the people we see fighting on screen in the episode are the only ones having any meaningful fight. If Toei treated this like an actual battle royale and split up the screen time between the universes much more evenly, then someone like Hit would have more eliminations than someone like Roshi.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:30 pm

That is flat out false. Krillin eliminated one person, and assisted Android 18 in her eliminating another fighter. Hit eliminated two fighters on his own (Narirama and Kunshi).

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:33 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:

That is flat out false. Krillin eliminated one person, and assisted Android 18 in her eliminating another fighter. Hit eliminated two fighters on his own (Narirama and Kunshi).
Assist, combined elimination with Roshi and 18, call it whatever you want, but it's still a masterclass.

Of course ironically.
I'm sure Freeza will have the same fate.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:36 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

Assist, combined elimination with Roshi and 18, call it whatever you want, but it's still a masterclass.

Of course ironically.
An assist does not count as an elimination. That's like saying an assist counts as a goal in football (soccer). That's not how it works. Especially since it was Android 18 who made the finishing blow and eliminated the character. Kriilin has one elimination to his name and Hit has two, so you're entire point is not valid.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:16 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: That is flat out false. Krillin eliminated one person, and assisted Android 18 in her eliminating another fighter. Hit eliminated two fighters on his own (Narirama and Kunshi).

Of course ironically.
An assist does not count as an elimination. That's like saying an assist counts as a goal in football (soccer). That's not how it works. Especially since it was Android 18 who made the finishing blow and eliminated the character. Kriilin has one elimination to his name and Hit has two, so you're entire point is not valid.
You're absolutely correct;
OP - Tournament of Power Elimination Rules wrote:
Why doesn't Krillin have three eliminations?! :evil:

5. Assisted Elimination: This video is an excellent example of an assisted elimination. As you can see, despite two competitors working in tandem to eliminate Shosa, #18 is the competitor that makes the final blow that finally eliminates him. Therefore #18 gains 1 Elimination Point, and Krillin does not.
OP - Toei Animation Version - Tournament of Power Eliminations wrote:9. Jium (Universe 10) (0) was eliminated by Master Roshi (Universe 7) (1) with his Super Kamehameha, following a Destructo Disk Triple Blade assist from Krillin (Episode 99)
10. Shosa (Universe 4) (0) was eliminated by #18 (Universe 7) (2) thanks to her tag team move with Krillin, who racks up his second assist (Episode 99)
11. Majora (Universe 4) (0) was eliminated by Krillin (Universe 7) (1) with a Kamehameha (Episode 99)

Meanwhile;

14. Narirama (Universe 3) (0) was eliminated by Hit (Universe 6) (1), thanks to the use of Time Skip (Episode 100)
30. Kunshi (Universe 11) (0) was eliminated by Hit (Universe 6) (2) when Kunshi was punched in the spine by Hit (Episode 104)
On a more positive note, this thread has finally had a full update after a month away!

Only 30 Competitors Remain in the Tournament of Power

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:54 pm

shadowmaria wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: Assist, combined elimination with Roshi and 18, call it whatever you want, but it's still a masterclass.

Of course ironically.
You're absolutely correct;
OP - Tournament of Power Elimination Rules wrote:
Why doesn't Krillin have three eliminations?! :evil:

5. Assisted Elimination: This video is an excellent example of an assisted elimination. As you can see, despite two competitors working in tandem to eliminate Shosa, #18 is the competitor that makes the final blow that finally eliminates him. Therefore #18 gains 1 Elimination Point, and Krillin does not.
OP - Toei Animation Version - Tournament of Power Eliminations wrote:9. Jium (Universe 10) (0) was eliminated by Master Roshi (Universe 7) (1) with his Super Kamehameha, following a Destructo Disk Triple Blade assist from Krillin (Episode 99)
10. Shosa (Universe 4) (0) was eliminated by #18 (Universe 7) (2) thanks to her tag team move with Krillin, who racks up his second assist (Episode 99)
11. Majora (Universe 4) (0) was eliminated by Krillin (Universe 7) (1) with a Kamehameha (Episode 99)

Meanwhile;

14. Narirama (Universe 3) (0) was eliminated by Hit (Universe 6) (1), thanks to the use of Time Skip (Episode 100)
30. Kunshi (Universe 11) (0) was eliminated by Hit (Universe 6) (2) when Kunshi was punched in the spine by Hit (Episode 104)
On a more positive note, this thread has finally had a full update after a month away!

Only 30 Competitors Remain in the Tournament of Power

Wow, that many people are left and Hit didn't make the top 30 or 10. I had predicted before the tournament began that Hit was going to make the top 10 but now that looks to be wrong.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:56 pm

Most of the rest of the Top 30 will be fodder. Just look at all those U3 characters, none of them will be important.

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:20 am

Hitto's elimination it's a good example of how unpredictable this ToP is. Kudos to Toei, even though some people don't like things to go to the opposite way of the obvious.
precita wrote:Most of the rest of the Top 30 will be fodder. Just look at all those U3 characters, none of them will be important.
Until all of them fuse into one character like I think they'll do.