Official Tournament of Power Eliminations Thread (Complete)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The gr
I Live Here

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by The gr » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Seriously what the hell just happened, man this is so disappointing in so many levels and quite frankly lazy,i have feeling he just rushed this for a lame movie tie in manga.
Mostly active on discord.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:27 pm

I'm surprised that even the Universes are erased in a different order.

At this point I won't be surprised if 17 will end up getting eliminated and Roshi will win this whole thing.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:28 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
Xeogran wrote:What the fuck just happened here. Kale...
Literally why? Did Toyo's editor tell him to rush it for the movie? Normally I'd see Anilaza getting his own focus chapter.

This is even worse than episode 119.. Quitela's rivalry with Beerus was actually built on in the manga, but he goes down to U6 just like that?

What is Roshi's role going to be then if Ganos is already deader than dead, and everyone else should be out of his league?
Maybe he’ll contribute to Kahseral’s elimination?

Also, at this point, I’m hoping Jiren is the one who eliminates Kefla. The manga has technically made him more active than he was in the anime, but he still has only managed to eliminate one fighter thus far, and eliminating all of the powerhouses of Universe 6 would only add to the idea of him being this all powerful obstacle that Goku needs to overcome.
Speaking of Jiren, what was he doing while 60% of his team was being eliminated?
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:30 pm

So Toyble obviously told Toriyama-san he is a great Broly-fan.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Man, it really does seem like Toyo was given an earful by some higher ups at Shueisha to wrap up the Tournament Of Power quickly so that he could promote the Dragon Ball Super movie in time.

I mean, Toyotaro realistically has got four chapters (At the very most) left to wrap up this whole arc and get to adapting the Dragon Ball Super movie. And that's not even taking into consideration that Shueisha may want the manga to get an early head start and may want him to produce manga chapters based on the movie around 2-3 months before the movie debuts in December. And in that case, he may only have two chapters left to work with. That scenario may seem unlikely, but it's still possible.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:34 pm

Man if this is real then I'm disappointed with the Manga, I don't mind if she took half of U11 beside the big three but she ended wasting U2,3,4,6 and 10 man that so boring and is lazy quite frankly.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:35 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Man, it really does seem like Toyo was given an earful by some higher ups at Shueisha to wrap up the Tournament Of Power quickly so that he could promote the Dragon Ball Super movie in time.

I mean, Toyotaro realistically has got four chapters (At the very most) left to wrap up this whole arc and get to adapting the Dragon Ball Super movie. And that's not even taking into consideration that Shueisha may want the manga to get an early head start and may want him to produce manga chapters based on the movie around 2-3 months before the movie debuts in December. And in that case, he may only have two chapters left to work with. That scenario may seem unlikely, but it's still possible.
Seeing how he rushed that other tournament and Battle of Gods I would not be surprised.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:36 pm

Spider-Man wrote:Man if this is real then I'm disappointed with the Manga, I don't mind if she took half of U11 beside the big three but she ended wasting U2,3,4,6 and 10 man that so boring and is lazy quite frankly.
To be fair, u3 and u6 were the only ones there with the potential to be interesting.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:40 pm

Cetra wrote:So Toyble obviously told Toriyama-san he is a great Broly-fan.
Except Kale isn't Broly from what I've seen.
Lord Beerus wrote:Man, it really does seem like Toyo was given an earful by some higher ups at Shueisha to wrap up the Tournament Of Power quickly so that he could promote the Dragon Ball Super movie in time.

It does feel that he rushed this just for a tie in and possible that this saga will end in the next four month which is a shame because I was enjoying this take on the saga up until this point, seeing another rushed arc just doesn't feel good and his only saga that didn't felt rushed was mediocre at best.
Mostly active on discord.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:42 pm

If he does adapt the movie, hopefully he finishes it this time and doesn't leave it off like Resurrection F.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:44 pm

Bergamo wrote: To be fair, u3 and u6 were the only ones there with the potential to be interesting.
I mean U10 is a universe we knew prior to this and U4 had a rivalry with U7 and seeing them dispatch like that by kale of all people is really lame.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:46 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:

If he does adapt the movie, hopefully he finishes it this time and doesn't leave it off like Resurrection F.
If Toyotaro has to adapt the WHOLE Dragon Ball Super, then yeah, he has two chapters at best to work with in regard to wrapping up the Universal Survival arc. Especially with Dragon Ball Super Movie is long and/or dialogue heavy.

I am expecting a VERY rushed ending for the Tournament Of Power. Like... even more rushed than the ending for Battle Of Gods and the Champa arc. And that says a lot.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:49 pm

Spider-Man wrote:
Bergamo wrote: To be fair, u3 and u6 were the only ones there with the potential to be interesting.
I mean U10 is a universe we knew prior to this and U4 had a rivalry with U7 and seeing them dispatch like that by kale of all people is really lame.
There's no doubt that the underlying motivation behind this chapter is to wrap the arc up quickly. Eliminating 23 fighters in one chapter is a bit much, but only 5-10 of those fighters could have been used to do something interesting.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Holy wasn't expecting four universes to get erased this chapter, I at the very least expected U2 and U10 to go due to their low numbers but not U3 and U4. Does anyone have any clue how many chapters we have left? Because this is feeling pretty rushed to me.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:57 pm

Bergamo wrote:
Spider-Man wrote:Man if this is real then I'm disappointed with the Manga, I don't mind if she took half of U11 beside the big three but she ended wasting U2,3,4,6 and 10 man that so boring and is lazy quite frankly.
To be fair, u3 and u6 were the only ones there with the potential to be interesting.
U10 and U2 at least had decent send offs in the anime.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:00 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
U10 and U2 at least had decent send offs in the anime.
Who cares about send offs, they're back in less than 50 minutes. It never made sense to me why it took characters a minute to be erased. Shouldn't it be instant?

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:29 pm

shadowmaria wrote:As is the case every single month, this thread will not be officially updated until the Chapter is officially released by Viz, or the whole chapter leaks in Korean

KeKeKe

Post by KeKeKe » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:53 pm

I know that most people prefer the Tournament of Power to be like this (a quick elimination of all the so-called "fodder" fighters), but I'm certainly not one of them! This is such a waste of characters that it really hurts my heart!

Of course there is no time to fully develop each of the 50 warriors of those universes that are not Universe 6, Universe 7 and Universe 11, but this is SO rushed that they didn't even bother to make at least a few of them shine for a little while! Four universes were erased in a single chapter? Twenty-three fighters were eliminated all at once?

I suppose that the last three members of Universe 2 (Zirloin, Zarbuto and Rabanra) didn't even transform in the manga version, unlike what happened in the anime, right? The same applies to Ganos, I believe... And did Anilaza actually have a similar impact to that of the anime? It doesn't look like it...

But wait: did Kale really eliminate FOUR members of her own team (Magetta, Saonel, Pirina and Cabba)??? And yes, the fact that Master Roshi is still active in the tournament (regardless of the fact that I like him a lot) genuinely surprises me!

Such a waste of great potential in just one chapter...

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:19 pm

Is official that t.o.p manga arc will end by December ?
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:31 pm

Bergamo wrote:
Honestly I think it is really what each fan personally wanted out of each Universe that would determine how interested they are in them in the end. Each one has the potential to be both interesting and deep, most of those kind of developments is the choose in the hands of the Writer, but also mostly no matter how much or little time you give to any universe, interest will be greatly determine by who and what we desire to see as individual fans.

So yea, in many fans eyes the only ones that had potential to be interest where U3 and U6 and that is justifiably fine :thumbup: , but as with all fandoms we each want potential for what we want it. :)

So yea, for a Fan like me U2 and U6 had great potential to them, but I hoped the best for all of them to get used to the best of the writers abilities, but sadly to much of the Manga in those areas feel short for me IMO.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker