Official Tournament of Power Eliminations Thread (Complete)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by HeroR » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:37 am

majinwarman wrote:
HeroR wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
Absolutely, Universe 4 lose four competitors, but Frieza would get one elimination because he only eliminated one character. See: Kefla
It's U3, and the fusion counts as knocking out of multiple people. Like Goku's knockout of Kefla is counted as two, not just one since Kefla was the fusion of Cali and Kale. You count it as one.
I think it's best to go with one due to the fusion being a new person compared to the people that make up the fusion. But, I can see where you are coming from and your point of view so I don't really know which side to choice.
It isn't just my POV, this is how the knockouts are official counted and that is the danger of fusion.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:49 am

shadowmaria wrote:
HeroR wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
Only if he did some ringouts from Universe 7 too. Aniraza, Dyspo, and Toppo only count as three and only buff Frieza up to 7 eliminations;
Toei counts fused characters as the number of people who made the fusion. So if Freeza knockouts Aniraza, that would be four people going out, not just one.
Absolutely, Universe 4 lose four competitors, but Frieza would get one elimination because he only eliminated one character. See: Kefla
Question, though Freeza would only get 1 point for that, does universe 7 still get given credit for eliminating 4 fighters?

Otherwise, it doesn't really reflect the amount of the competition defeated by universe 7.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:03 am

JazzMazz wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Toei counts fused characters as the number of people who made the fusion. So if Freeza knockouts Aniraza, that would be four people going out, not just one.
Question, though Freeza would only get 1 point for that, does universe 7 still get given credit for eliminating 4 fighters?

Otherwise, it doesn't really reflect the amount of the competition defeated by universe 7.
I believe Kefla was counted as eliminating two for Universe 7, but Goku only got one elimination point

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:19 am

shadowmaria wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:

I believe Kefla was counted as eliminating two for Universe 7, but Goku only got one elimination point
I think thats the way it should be. With 1 point given for eliminating technically a single fighter, but 2 given to the universe to adequately reflect how many fighters they've eliminated in total.

When the quadruple fusion gets eliminated, would it be 1 point for the fighter or an assist if their are multiple involved, while 4 would be given to the counter of the universe that eliminates them?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:24 am

majinwarman wrote:I think it's best to go with one due to the fusion being a new person compared to the people that make up the fusion. But, I can see where you are coming from and your point of view so I don't really know which side to choice.
I was counting in terms of people in the Kamipads so a ringed-out fusion would black out the two or more people that were part of it, but I understand this thread counts that a bit differently. Having said that, I realized Goku's 10 is the total with Kaflo counting as 1 so, in my own numbers, Goku has 11 eliminations and this means Only Vegeeta and #18 can potentially surpass him, unless ringing your teammates out also counts but I'd find that odd.

There's also the (strong) possibility that whoever Zen'ou thinks is the coolest from among the survivors is who gets the wish.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:25 am

shadowmaria wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:

Not on the official site. It counted as Goku knocking out both.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:55 am

Assuming Aniraza is still fused when they are ringed our, this is how that elimination will be handled;

44. Kefla (Universe 6) (0) was eliminated by Goku (Universe 7) (7) with a massive Kamehameha to the face (Episode 116), which disintegrated the Potara Earrings. Kefla then teleported out of the battle, and reappeared de-fused. It was also stated in the episode that Goku defeated Kefla. Goku gains one elimination point, however two competitors have been removed from Universe 6. To quote the Grand Priest: Universe 6's Kefla-san, who was Kale-san and Caulifla-san, has dropped out

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:41 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
majinwarman wrote:I think it's best to go with one due to the fusion being a new person compared to the people that make up the fusion. But, I can see where you are coming from and your point of view so I don't really know which side to choice.
I was counting in terms of people in the Kamipads so a ringed-out fusion would black out the two or more people that were part of it, but I understand this thread counts that a bit differently. Having said that, I realized Goku's 10 is the total with Kaflo counting as 1 so, in my own numbers, Goku has 11 eliminations and this means Only Vegeeta and #18 can potentially surpass him, unless ringing your teammates out also counts but I'd find that odd.

There's also the (strong) possibility that whoever Zen'ou thinks is the coolest from among the survivors is who gets the wish.
I think ringing out your own teammates do count in this tournment. But, what you said about Zeno could happen as well.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:20 pm

#18 is gone.

Eliminated herself so that #17 wouldn't get ringed out.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:25 pm

Aniraza is eliminated thanks to a collective beam attack from SSJB Goku and Vegeta, Ultimate Gohan and Golden Freeza.

UNIVERSE 3 IS ERASED.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:30 pm

Can we just count 18 as eliminated by Aniraza? She only chose to sacrifice herself because he knocked #17 out of bounds, so lets be generous to U3 and give them an elimination.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:33 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:Can we just count 18 as eliminated by Aniraza? She only chose to sacrifice herself because he knocked #17 out of bounds, so lets be generous to U3 and give them an elimination.
No.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:31 pm

55. #18 (Universe 7) (6) eliminated herself to save #17 from being eliminated by Aniraza
56. Aniraza (Universe 3) (0) was eliminated by Goku (Universe 7) (11) with a casual kick off the arena, Vegeta (Universe 7) (10), Frieza (Universe 7) (5), and Gohan (Universe 7) (5) with a combined four-person energy blast. As Aniraza was a single entity that was eliminated at once, this only counts as one elimination for Universe 7, despite the de-fused form being made up of four characters. The same occurred with Kefla.

Competitor Ranking (based on number of eliminations):
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 11 competitors
2. Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 10 competitors
3. #18 (Universe 7) eliminated 6 competitors
4. Kale (Universe 6) eliminated 5 competitors, and Piccolo (Universe 7) eliminated 5 competitors, Gohan (Universe 7) has eliminated 5 competitors, and Frieza (Universe 7) has eliminated 5 competitors

Universe Ranking (based on number of eliminations):

1. Universe 7
2. Universe 6
3. Universe 2
4. Universe 11 and Universe 4
5. Universe 9
7. Universe 3 and Universe 10

Competitors Who Eliminated Themselves: Roselle (Universe 9) (0), Caway (Universe 4) (0), Master Roshi (Universe 7) (4) and #18 (Universe 7) (6)

25. 24 DEC 2017 - Episode 121 - All-Out War! The Ultimate 4-Way Combination vs Universe 7's Total Offensive!!: 2

Tournament of Power Competitors Eliminated: 72/80

Only 8 Competitors Remain in the Tournament of Power

Order In Which Each Universe Is Erased:

1st Universe Erased: Universe 9, eliminated by Universe 7
2nd Universe Erased: Universe 10, eliminated by Universe 7
3rd Universe Erased: Universe 2, eliminated by Universe 7
4th Universe Erased: Universe 6, eliminated by Universe 7
5th Universe Erased: Universe 4, eliminated by Universe 7
6th Universe Erased: Universe 3, eliminated by Universe 7

Paragon1

Post by Paragon1 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:47 pm

Does #17 not get consideration in Anriaza's elimination? He seemed to have an integral role in his defeat?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:48 pm

Such a shame the Universe 3 now joins Universe 10 with the dubious honour of not eliminating a single fighter in the tournament.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:51 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Such a shame the Universe 3 now joins Universe 10 with the dubious honour of not eliminating a single fighter in the tournament.
Can Android 18 count? It was because of Anizara that caused 18 to sacrifice herself for her brother.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:54 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Such a shame the Universe 3 now joins Universe 10 with the dubious honour of not eliminating a single fighter in the tournament.
Can Android 18 count? It was because of Anizara that caused 18 to sacrifice herself for her brother.
I'm not sure if that really counts. #18 eliminated herself on her own accord to save #17. Which I personally thought was the best was for her to go out.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:57 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:
I'm not sure if that really counts. #18 eliminated herself on her own accord to save #17. Which I personally thought was the best was for her to go out.
Then you kinda should count #17 ? He would get eliminated if not for her help?

Actually, Aniraza almost wrecked the entirety of U7 bar Freeza. If not for their excellent teamwork, he would solo.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:59 pm

Xeogran wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote: Can Android 18 count? It was because of Anizara that caused 18 to sacrifice herself for her brother.

Actually, Aniraza almost wrecked the entirety of U7 bar Freeza. If not for their excellent teamwork, he would solo.
Aniraza dominated everyone from Universe 7. If Universe 7 didn't work together as well as they did, they would have been toast.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:17 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I'm not sure if that really counts. #18 eliminated herself on her own accord to save #17. Which I personally thought was the best was for her to go out.

Aniraza dominated everyone from Universe 7. If Universe 7 didn't work together as well as they did, they would have been toast.
Aniraza is way stronger than what I thought. Man, he sure was a strong opponent against Universe 7.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.