Official Tournament of Power Eliminations Thread (Complete)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:51 pm

shadowmaria wrote:Aye, I agree. Sadly, the tournament has been predictable in that respect. Even Universe 11 decimating Universe 7 and winning the Tournament of Power is as predictable as Universe 7 winning. Honestly the only thing left in the Tournament I want to happen aside from Frieza's time running out is Gogeta gdi
Unfortunately, they've left themselves in a position where pretty much anything that happens in the end will be predictable. Barring something coming completely out of left field at the last second. :P

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:56 pm

How the heck can it be predictable if there's so many different possibilities? Obviously with a bunch of people guessing random shit one will turn out to be right, barring something totally random like the Mosco thing.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:40 am

The_Destroyer wrote:Okay whatever. Your thread, your rules, I guess.
You have to see this from the character's perspective. She wasn't thrown out, she chose to go out in order to save #17.

If you go with the logic that she was "forced" to do it by Agnlasa, then you have to go further and think who "forced" Paparoni to form Agnlasa, who defeated the robots, who trained Gohan for the tournament, who saved Piccolo from death, who defeated Piccolo Daimaou, who released him, etc etc.
TheUltimateNinja wrote:How the heck can it be predictable if there's so many different possibilities? Obviously with a bunch of people guessing random shit one will turn out to be right, barring something totally random like the Mosco thing.
Apparently, even that was guessed by someone.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:13 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:How the heck can it be predictable if there's so many different possibilities? Obviously with a bunch of people guessing random shit one will turn out to be right, barring something totally random like the Mosco thing.
I'm looking at it in terms of the final roster and the eventual winner. Toppo, Jiren and Dyspo are all over the OP so it's no surprise that those three are the last opponents. On U7's side 17 was something of a dark horse to make it to the final 10 but the other four weren't. 17 or Dyspo winning would be kind of surprising, I guess. Especially poor Dyspo with the way he's been crapped on by the show and fans. :lol:

Goku, Jiren, Vegeta, a 1-2 Goku/Vegeta finish or a Frieza victory through betrayal are the most predictable endings they have on the table. Gohan or Toppo winning or a draw through time out or double elimination also seem fairly likely. What winner does is totally up in the air though. There's room for surprises there.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:25 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
You have to see this from the character's perspective. She wasn't thrown out, she chose to go out in order to save #17.

If you go with the logic that she was "forced" to do it by Agnlasa, then you have to go further and think who "forced" Paparoni to form Agnlasa, who defeated the robots, who trained Gohan for the tournament, who saved Piccolo from death, who defeated Piccolo Daimaou, who released him, etc etc.
No, you wouldn't have to go further at all. What you said makes no sense at all.

Anilaza throw 17 out. 18 jumped to get 17 back in the ring. Had Anilaza not thrown 17 out, 18 would be in. Therefore Anilaza is the cause of her elimination. You only need to look at what happened in the moment, not any of that Piccolo Daimo bullshit you suggested.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:30 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
I'm looking at it in terms of the final roster and the eventual winner. Toppo, Jiren and Dyspo are all over the OP so it's no surprise that those three are the last opponents. On U7's side 17 was something of a dark horse to make it to the final 10 but the other four weren't. 17 or Dyspo winning would be kind of surprising, I guess. Especially poor Dyspo with the way he's been crapped on by the show and fans. :lol:

Goku, Jiren, Vegeta, a 1-2 Goku/Vegeta finish or a Frieza victory through betrayal are the most predictable endings they have on the table. Gohan or Toppo winning or a draw through time out or double elimination also seem fairly likely. What winner does is totally up in the air though. There's room for surprises there.
I’m hoping that Goku and Gohan are the last two fighters of U7 remaining. I like the idea of that, and it would be slightly less predictable than Goku and Vegeta.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:46 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:

No, you wouldn't have to go further at all. What you said makes no sense at all.

Anilaza throw 17 out. 18 jumped to get 17 back in the ring. Had Anilaza not thrown 17 out, 18 would be in. Therefore Anilaza is the cause of her elimination. You only need to look at what happened in the moment, not any of that Piccolo Daimo bullshit you suggested.
By that exact same logic, Goku has 79 eliminations because if it wasn't for him, the Tournament of Power wouldn't be happening :yawn:

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:56 am

shadowmaria wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:
alakazam^ wrote: You have to see this from the character's perspective. She wasn't thrown out, she chose to go out in order to save #17.

By that exact same logic, Goku has 79 eliminations because if it wasn't for him, the Tournament of Power wouldn't be happening :yawn:
In the momebt
You guys should quit exagerrating what I'm saying.

Look at this way, then. Video games like TF2 have something called "finished off". So say Player A is in a gun fight with Player B, and Player B falls off a cliff in an attempt to get away. Player A is awarded the point. But they didn't kill Player B though, Player B stupidly fell of the cliff in an attempt to get away or in the heat of the fight. But the game correctly deduces that Player A was the cause of Player B.

Now say Player B survives the gun fight and gets away. But falls of a cliff anyway? Player A doesn't get the point because enough time has passed to where they wouldn't be the cause of Player B's death, despite doing to damage to them.

This gives Roselle to Frieza, Caway to Roshi, 18 to Anilaza, and maybe Roshi to Frost. Although, enough time did elaspe in Roshi's case to where Frost would no longer be the cause of Roshi's elimination just like in the later example I gave above.

It may seem different from what I suggested earlier, but it's sort of similar. The game uses the last person who did damage to the dead player as a way to determine causation of the player's fall. Most cases it's right, because if it weren't for the gunfight they wouldn't have fallen at that specific moment. Which is what I've been trying to stress this whole time but you guys just want to keep throwing Goku and Piccolo Daimo at me :problem:

But again, it's your thread, your rules.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:35 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:Which is what I've been trying to stress this whole time but you guys just want to keep throwing Goku and Piccolo Daimo at me :problem:

We're just pointing out why that's faulty logic that creates more problems than solves. I'm sorry you thought that was bullshit and you had to be rude about it but you were just describing your own line of thought, so...

There's a pretty big chance none of this will matter when the tournament ends, anyway.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:29 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:Which is what I've been trying to stress this whole time but you guys just want to keep throwing Goku and Piccolo Daimo at me :problem:

We're just pointing out why that's faulty logic that creates more problems than solves. I'm sorry you thought that was bullshit and you had to be rude about it but you were just describing your own line of thought, so...

There's a pretty big chance none of this will matter when the tournament ends, anyway.
Love how you call me rude even though you guys were mocking me by exaggerating what I was saying with those examples.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:50 pm

So only 15 out of 80 people got an elimination? That's only like, 19%. I guess the only way to explain this is that most of the other universes were just naturally weaker than 6, 7, and 11?

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:25 am

Asura wrote:So only 15 out of 80 people got an elimination? That's only like, 19%. I guess the only way to explain this is that most of the other universes were just naturally weaker than 6, 7, and 11?
Still too early to say. Toppo and Dyspo might surprise us :think:

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:41 am

I gotta say, I agree with The Destroyer, forced forfeits ought to count. Otherwise people could simply jump off the ring whenever faced with a strong opponent to avoid giving them eliminations.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:55 am

The_Destroyer wrote:Love how you call me rude even though you guys were mocking me by exaggerating what I was saying with those examples.
I didn't mock you.
TheUltimateNinja wrote:I gotta say, I agree with The Destroyer, forced forfeits ought to count. Otherwise people could simply jump off the ring whenever faced with a strong opponent to avoid giving them eliminations.
Why couldn't they do that?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:14 am

alakazam^ wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:I gotta say, I agree with The Destroyer, forced forfeits ought to count. Otherwise people could simply jump off the ring whenever faced with a strong opponent to avoid giving them eliminations.
Why couldn't they do that?
If someone forces you out of the ring, be it physically or mentally, it should count as their elimination. For example, that one winged guy Roselle that jumped off when Freeza started torturing him should definitely count as Freeza's elimination since it was Freeza that forced him out of the ring.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:30 pm

shadowmaria wrote:The purpose of this thread is to keep an accurate record of the events unfolding within the Tournament of Power.

Tournament of Power Elimination Rules:

[spoiler]A Breakdown of the Rules is As Follows:

I've put this segment together as folks seem to be having difficulty determining what is and isn't counted as an elimination for certain characters.

Why does Goku have the elimination when Nink threw himself off the stage :think:

Why does Frieza only have one elimination and not two? :problem:

Why doesn't Krillin have three eliminations?! :evil:

I'm hoping this tag clarifies those questions for you. As more eliminations take place and more confusion is raised, more rules will be outlined below;

1. Standard Elimination: This video shows a perfect example of a standard single elimination. In this video, we see Basil eliminate Lilibeu. Basil gets 1 Elimination Point
2. A Character Uses An Energy Increase To Gain An Elimination: This video shows a perfect example of a character gaining an elimination because of the shockwave caused by powering up. For example, Goku powers up to Super Saiyan Blue, breaking the hold Nink has him in and forcing Nink off the stage. Goku gets 1 Elimination Point.
3. Multi-Elimination: This video shows us a perfect example of multiple characters gaining multiple elimination points, or a combination thereof. In the aforementioned example, Goku and Vegeta both eliminate the Trio de Dangers, and therefore Goku gains 3 Elimination Points, and Vegeta gains 3 Elimination Points. In the case where Master Roshi and Tien Shinhan both eliminated The Preecho with a combination of Lightning Flash Surprise Attack and Neo Tri-Beam, both competitors gained 1 Elimination Point Each. This video shows Vegeta eliminating Prum and Dr Rota, so Vegeta gains 2 Elimination Points.
4. Self-Elimination: This video (from 45 seconds in) shows us Roselle eliminating himself following torture and elimination from Frieza. As Roselle makes the decision to run off the battle stage and Frieza does not push or knock or hit or blast him off, Frieza does not gain an Elimination Point because he did not physically knock Roselle off the fighting stage
5. Assisted Elimination: This video is an excellent example of an assisted elimination. As you can see, despite two competitors working in tandem to eliminate Shosa, #18 is the competitor that makes the final blow that finally eliminates him. Therefore #18 gains 1 Elimination Point, and Krillin does not.
6. Double Elimination: This video shows us Hermila first eliminating a Tien Shinhan multi-form (25% of Tien Shinhan's being), followed by the tri-clops himself grabbing Hermila and eliminating Hermila, in tandem with Hermila eliminating Tien Shinhan. As both characters eliminated each other almost simultaneously, both characters get 1 Elimination Point.
7. A Fused Character Gains An Elimination or is Eliminated: As two or more characters fusing creates a new character with their own techniques, identity, name, and characterisation, and as Toei Animation themselves will note that the fused character would be the one to make the elimination in official works; the fused character would gain their own Elimination Point, for the Universe that they originate from. Conversely, if a fused character is eliminated, then the eliminator will only gain one Elimination Point.[/spoiler]

7. Roselle (Universe 9) (0) eliminated himself, following intimidation and torture from Frieza (Universe 7) (0) (Episode 98)

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:49 am

shadowmaria wrote:
Asura wrote:So only 15 out of 80 people got an elimination? That's only like, 19%. I guess the only way to explain this is that most of the other universes were just naturally weaker than 6, 7, and 11?
Still too early to say. Toppo and Dyspo might surprise us :think:
I don't think Dyspo is going to get an elimination but I think Toppo will.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:01 am

There was more than 15. The people who got an elimination are: Everyone on the U7 team, Cabba, Kale, Caulifla, Hit, Frost, Jiren, Gamisaras, Damon, Basil, Ribrianne, and Jimeze. So 21 people got an elimination. That's still way too low though.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:28 pm

shadowmaria wrote:No eliminations this week :cry:
That's not too surprising. It looks like the most likely candidates for elimination are 17 or Dyspo between 123 and 124, but you never know. I get the feeling any U7 eliminations from this point on are going to be...contentious.