Theory about Krillin [Spoiler]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Re: Theory about Krillin [Spoiler]

Post by emi_b7 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:54 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
emi_b7 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: It's an assumption some fans made given the fact that killing your opponent results in you being immediately disqualified from the Tournament Of Power. And as Krillin's signature technique is a deadly cutting ki disk, some fans just put two and two together and thought that Krillin used his Kienzan to unintentionally kill an opponent.
I know that but saying "the episode preview lied to us" seems like a huge stretch, that's not what happened at all
The translated preview summary for Episode 100 mention Universe 7 begin down one fighter because Krillin got unexpectedly disqualified.

That never happened. So it was a lie.
The gr literally said "I'm just shocked the episode preview lied to us about krillin killing someone". Tell me where the preview said that, I'll wait.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:28 pm

emi_b7 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
emi_b7 wrote: I know that but saying "the episode preview lied to us" seems like a huge stretch, that's not what happened at all
The translated preview summary for Episode 100 mention Universe 7 begin down one fighter because Krillin got unexpectedly disqualified.

That never happened. So it was a lie.
The gr literally said "I'm just shocked the episode preview lied to us about krillin killing someone". Tell me where the preview said that, I'll wait.
Nobody said the preview stated that Krillin killed someone. It's just an assumption people made due to that fact the preview stated he got disqualified. And one of the rules about the Tournament of Power is you're disqualified if you kill someone or use an outside weapon. And Krillin didn't bring an outside weapon, did he?
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Didn't one of the summaries lie about Krillin having this hidden or special power? I mean unless they consider throwing his shoe as something special, we didn't see anything he hasn't done before.

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
emi_b7 wrote:
Nobody said the preview stated that Krillin killed someone. It's just an assumption people made due to that fact the preview stated he got disqualified. And one of the rules about the Tournament of Power is you're disqualified if you kill someone or use and outside weapon. And Krillin didn't bring an outside weapon, did he?
We are going in circles, I don't even know what you are arguing. Dude said the preview lied about Krillin killing a someone, that didn't happen, it was fan speculation. Also "lied about being disqualified" is not the same as "lied about killing", so don't move the conversation.
Translating stuff is complicated, words don't always have an exact equivalent, other words have multiple meaning, just look at how krillin didn't actually have some "hidden power" in this episode, as the title said in some translations (Herms explained the other possible, more likely meanings).The word used in the preview meant "disqualification" in another context? Whoops, it meant elimination in this one, shit happens. If you want to speculate with 3 sentence summaries that may or may not be 100% accurately translated you can do that, but don't act like you were lied to and say the preview is to blame after your speculation doesn't turn out that way.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:43 pm

emi_b7 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
emi_b7 wrote: The gr literally said "I'm just shocked the episode preview lied to us about krillin killing someone". Tell me where the preview said that, I'll wait.
Nobody said the preview stated that Krillin killed someone. It's just an assumption people made due to that fact the preview stated he got disqualified. And one of the rules about the Tournament of Power is you're disqualified if you kill someone or use an outside weapon. And Krillin didn't bring an outside weapon, did he?
We are going in circles, I don't even know what you are arguing. Dude said the preview lied about Krillin killing a someone, that didn't happen, it was fan speculation. Also "lied about being disqualified" is not the same as "lied about killing", so don't move the conversation.
Translating stuff is complicated, words don't always have an exact equivalent, other words have multiple meaning, just look at how krillin didn't actually have some "hidden power" in this episode, as the title said in some translations (Herms explained the other possible, more likely meanings).The word used in the preview meant "disqualification" in another context? Whoops, it meant elimination in this one, shit happens. If you want to speculate with 3 sentence summaries that may or may not be 100% accurately translated you can do that, but don't act like you were lied to and say the preview is to blame after your speculation doesn't turn out that way.
I don't understand what's hard to get? A preview summary for a future episode that was translated by a very reputable source states a scenario which doesn't happen. Even in the context that "eliminated" and "disqualified" could be translated in the same way, it could have been worded a hell of a lot better to avoid this confusion. It's the same deal with mentioning that Krillin would display some "hidden power". My point is don't include unnecessary terms or descriptions in preview summaries advertising your future episodes. This isn't on the fault of the Herms translations at all. It's the context given with magazines and TV guides which preview the episodes Don't spread bullshit. If you're going to preview an episode, do it properly and advertise a later episode with a scenario that will happen in the episode as supposed to one that doesn't and mislead people.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:19 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
The gr wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:
Ahem. Who was right?
grab the pitchfork This man can predict the future jk,I'm just shocked the episode preview lied to us about krillin killing someone
    Since roshi and krillin got an elemination,I think is time to have Tien eleminate someone, maybe that Harpy girl since he's terrible with women or one of the invicible u4 figthers, that all I ask for,at least have Tien eleminate someone,I would be fine if is 1 or 2
    I think Herms just messed up the translation. Ken Xyro's translation said Krillin will be eliminated, not disqualified.
    Herms is a fraud who probably uses google translate. Even not. Hes too afraid to tackle big issues. Watch his geekdom101 collaborations. Hes never put into tough questions that someone with Japanese perspective could answer. He walks a neutral ground. He often forgets events of the past. If you want to be a so called expert and make this a hobby. Know your stuff unquestioned.

Mazingerdestro
    Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:52 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
    TheDipDap1234 wrote:
    The gr wrote:grab the pitchfork This man can predict the future jk,I'm just shocked the episode preview lied to us about krillin killing someone
      Since roshi and krillin got an elemination,I think is time to have Tien eleminate someone, maybe that Harpy girl since he's terrible with women or one of the invicible u4 figthers, that all I ask for,at least have Tien eleminate someone,I would be fine if is 1 or 2
      I think Herms just messed up the translation. Ken Xyro's translation said Krillin will be eliminated, not disqualified.
      Herms is a fraud who probably uses google translate. Even not. Hes too afraid to tackle big issues. Watch his geekdom101 collaborations. Hes never put into tough questions that someone with Japanese perspective could answer. He walks a neutral ground. He often forgets events of the past. If you want to be a so called expert and make this a hobby. Know your stuff unquestioned.
      He never called himself an expert and he doesn't care to tackle anything. He is a guy that helps Kanzenshuu by providing translations. (Also knowing a language doesn't give you a new perspective of the same information - Even though he constantly gives trivia via the language and looks for puns)
      He also watches the episodes and provides short and quick summaries before the actual subs.
      His point is not to analyse Toriyama or Toei (you can't analyse something that has no clues).

Still it's not like he did a mistake. Toei's official summary stated "disqualified" instead of ring out.
      It could be a case of "marketing wording" to hype the viewers.

The guy is literally the only person that cares to give translations about db on a planet with Japanese native speakers, who don't give a shit about the fandom.
      He is the reason every dbtuber has material to work on his/her channel daily.
      Heck he is the reason you know about Krillin!!!
      Try to appreciate him more or at least not insult him. (He does after all provide you with summaries made for JAPANESE audience and not for you)

If you consider him a fraud try doing the same thing.
      Work, have a life, and also spend a great deal of time providing free translations to the whole planet.
      He and Ken Xyro are both the reason we as fans have material to talk about!!

precita
      Banned

Post by precita » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:06 am

So do people now feel silly overreacting over Krillin sparring with Super Saiyan Blue Goku? Krillin's power in the tournament was consistent with how he was in DBZ. He wasn't overly powerful and took out some opponents that didn't seem that strong but weren't incredibly weak either.

People were acting like they were having mental breakdowns over Krillin pushing back SSJBlue's Goku's beam, when it was clearly obvious to anyone he was just testing him and barely using his power.

Shinda Forever
      Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:41 am

precita wrote:So do people now feel silly overreacting over Krillin sparring with Super Saiyan Blue Goku? Krillin's power in the tournament was consistent with how he was in DBZ. He wasn't overly powerful and took out some opponents that didn't seem that strong but weren't incredibly weak either.

People were acting like they were having mental breakdowns over Krillin pushing back SSJBlue's Goku's beam, when it was clearly obvious to anyone he was just testing him and barely using his power.
      Of course, it was clear, but, some Krillin fanboys are always out of control.

precita
      Banned

Post by precita » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:42 am

Shinda Forever wrote:
      precita wrote:So do people now feel silly overreacting over Krillin sparring with Super Saiyan Blue Goku? Krillin's power in the tournament was consistent with how he was in DBZ. He wasn't overly powerful and took out some opponents that didn't seem that strong but weren't incredibly weak either.

Of course, it was clear, but, some Krillin fanboys are always out of control.
      It wasn't Krillin fans who thought that though, just general Super fans or Goku fans or power level fans going nuts.

JulianStyles
      Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am

People dont listen. They think youre hating or being a troll. I told people thr recruitment arc is Toei filler. Too many writers trying to make something look cool. Akira knows his characters and chose Krillin to be eliminated first. In Akiras mind hes the most cowardly and his slacking off in training makes him un diciplined.

But Toei who loves Krillin couldnt let him go out like that. So we got wasted into the woods training, Krillin being Gohan with a method Gohan just expereinced and won. Lol being blind and unable to sense. Then the whole crap with Goku. Throwing Kienzans. Really? Going blue just for the sake of going blue. The real story and power will be in the tournament.

Gray Riders
      Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gray Riders » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:19 am

JulianStyles wrote: But Toei who loves Krillin couldnt let him go out like that.
      If they love him then he'd be better off if they didn't. Toei loved reversing his character development to portray him as an indept coward.

DainIronfoot
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:32 pm

Don't be fooled by JulianStyles trolling. Toei does not love Kuririn, in fact they are the ones who usually causd him to regress lol. Tori likes Kuririn somewhat. He's said that after all that happens to him, he tries to occasionally make him happy. Tori didn't have Kuririn "in his mind to be eliminated first because he's a coward and slacks". That's just more of Julian's mental obsession with hating Kuririn talking. In fact, Tori is the one who's stated Kuririn is the strongest Earthling, to which Julian thinks his words hold more water than Tori's...it's laughable.

He's even gone so far as to bash our own Herms? Someone with tons of knowledge under his belt and is grateful enough to provide translations and other vital db info. Julian, you get your info from Julipedia, your own deceitful mind.

Also Precita, it appears some people are not reading your post correctly. Julian being a prime example. Precita is not aiming for Kuririn fans with his statement, but the others in general who said nonsense about the character after those episodes...

JulianStyles
      Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:20 pm

Gray Riders wrote:
      JulianStyles wrote: But Toei who loves Krillin couldnt let him go out like that.
      If they love him then he'd be better off if they didn't. Toei loved reversing his character development to portray him as an indept coward.
      Krillins more cowardly moments have come in the manga. Toei has included Krillin in all the original 13 movies. While Tien and Yamcha have only been in 2, 3 if you include history of Trunks. Toei made the Garlic Jr Saga. And it was heavy Krillin action. He has been featured in more filler than anyone. And even got a decent role in GT. While other characters like Tien,Yamcha,Choutzu and others never got to speak.

In Super hes poped up for not other reason just for Krillin to be there. Him asking Goku to punch him, Him hanging with Goku to find fighters for the u6 tournament, him just hanging out during the Zamasu fight. When Zamasu went back in time. If it was up to Toei animation you would never see any of the minor characters other than Krillin.

JulianStyles
      Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Yea I am the troll who was freaking right word for word on how Krillin would be eliminated. Dont confuse me being a realist and knowing dragonball paterns as a troll.

VegettoEX
      Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:41 pm

I don't understand the "how" or "why" behind these strength discussions invariably turning into personal attacks on other members. Exactly how much do you have these characters attached to your personal sense of self that it goes this far? And don't you think that it is, in fact, quite too far? Yes, we're all extremely into Dragon Ball (perhaps to seemingly-dangerous levels at times), but when you're making up and projecting stories on people on the Internet you don't know... well, you might have some things to work through.

If you don't like Jake's work, you don't have to read it. If you think you have a better understanding of Japanese, by all means put it to use. If you think you have a genuine correction to work that has been done here at and through Kanzenshuu by its administrators, we'd love to hear what that etymological context and history might be. We're all about learning here.

(And how is it that I'm always the moderator that gets stuck with these?!)

In a nutshell: don't make up stories about people you don't know, don't claim things as fact you can't actually prove, act like a genuinely cool person... and maybe then no sticks will have to be up any butts.

We want to hear your opinions on things, but we do not and will not have to put up with this total nonsense just to get there.
      :: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
      :: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
      :: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::