Other Universes' Otherworlds,Death, and DragonBalls

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Other Universes' Otherworlds,Death, and DragonBalls

Post by Zagacious » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:56 pm

I'm sure a lot of the stuff about Kais and Otherworld have been overwritten and mostly forgotten about to create the new God of Destruction/Angel hierarchy, but I'm still curious about how death and Otherworld might work in the other universes.

1. Are there Dragon Balls in other universes?

At first in DBZ it seems that Namekians are somehow the source of the Dragon Balls' existence, the Namekians create them and we don't know much else. Now in DBS there is the Super Dragon Balls with no (known) Namekian ties. Is it possible that certain races are more prone to 'godly' ki which allow them to create and utilize Dragon Balls ?

2. Is there an Otherworld in Other Universes that dead people go to?

I would assume yes, but it's possible they have different variations and maybe one or two universes that have no afterlife at all. There's a probably a King Yemma equivalent for most universes and the same HFIL/body loss punishment.

3. Do each Kais have their own unique techniques they can teach people like Kaioken or Spirit Bomb?

I would think other universes would have something similar to Kaioken, after all it seems like a really simple move, although dangerous, still relatively simple to use the first time. Since the Kais don't really seem to be communicating much, they probably don't share moves with each other.

I know there's not really any way to 100% answer any of these yet, I would just like your thoughts on them to discuss