Jiren vs Hit would be a great match up!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Jiren vs Hit would be a great match up!

Post by TBMx » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:12 am

Shinda Forever wrote:Saying that Hitto doesn't need to beat anyone, because, he defeated Goku would mean that half of the cast wouldn't be here.
???

The only person competing in the tournament who has ever beaten Goku clean in Super, is Hit.
It is just pure nonsense. Hitto needs to beat a big gun to establish himself as a main character in the series.
http://www.dragonballsuperofficial.com/

Who's that next to Goku on the official Website? Is that Hit? :lol:

Maybe here? Who's the character that's scaled the biggest after Goku? Is that Hit? :wave: I can't seem to find Hit's character bio on the official site that lists the main characters. DO you see it?
:yawn: http://www.dragonballsuperofficial.com/about/

Maybe we'll have more luck on Dragonball Z.com.
http://www.dragonballz.com/

Who's that next to Goku on the DVD that dominates the front page? Is that Hit? :lolno:

Hit isn't a main character. He's barely ever on promo material.He barely gets screentime. His background is non existent, nor does he have much personality. Because you think Hit is cool, you want him to be more of a main character than Vegeta, which isn't going to happen.
Saying that Vegeta needs to beat anyone, because, he lost, it is just more nonsense, Vegeta is there to lose in every arc since he isn't the main character and makes Goku look better by losing first.
Vegeta didn't do any worse than Goku in the Zamasu arc. Didn't do any worse in the revival of F arc. Both conceeded it was a tie. He surpassed Goku SS3 as a SS2, he earned SSB on his own, he defeated the most people from U6, 2 on which were curbstomps in order to make Vegeta seem powerful before being fed to Hit. Because if he didn't seem powerful, it would have been pointless. If he doesn't beat anyone strong, he doesn't come across as a "big gun", as you put it.
Maybe you don't know this, but, to be someone's rival, you need to surpass or be surpassed several times in a tight rivalry and Goku always owns Vegeta and several times by a large margin, just look at what happened in the cell and majin buu arcs.
We clearly aren't watching the same show.

He surpassed Vegeta thrice in dbz, Vegeta surpassed him twice. Allow me to list them.
Goku surpasses Vegeta:
Late Namek Saga.
Cell Saga
Buu Saga. (explainable through otherworld training being more efficient and having a more durable (dead) body to train with)

Vegeta surpasses Goku:
Earlier Namek Saga
Android Saga (Piccolo's word in the manga)

Dragon ball online is just a video game nothing else,
It's written by Toriyama, so it gives us an idea of where his mind is.
in db heroes, we also see Golden Frieza and Goku standing alone against Jiren. Where was Vegeta?
Toriyama didn't write that. And if you think they'd give away the ending to this arc in DB heroes...just :lolno:

Actually, it is both, having screentime and being effective. Hitto barely had time in this show and if the producers and Toriyama want to make of him a main character in the show, he needs to beat some big guns and stay on top 4 this time.
Why would they want to make him a main character? Seriously why? :eh: :wtf:

Goku and Frieza knocked out each other which means they are equal, but, despite being koed, Frieza still maintained his golden form while Goku lost his blue form.
That doesn't mean anything because base Goku was keeping up with Golden Frieza before he went Blue. Ki. Control.
Once more presuming that just because Vegeta trained in the rosat made him stronger than Goku is wishful thinking thinking since that already happened before and Goku came up on top by a large margin.
Based on what? The Kamehameha against Zamasu? Goku broke his arms doing it, which Vegeta didn't. If Vegeta broke his arms with his then we could use that feat to compare. But as it stands, we can't, as it's clear Goku tried a lot harder. Besides that feat, please tell me what evidence you're using.
Goku is always one step ahead of Vegeta, the burden of proof resides on you and why this time would be different.
Kaioken is one step ahead. Being superior in base SSB as well is two steps ahead. One, two. Why do I need to prove it when I'm saying the show hasn't told us yet. You're the one making the definitive claim. You need to prove it. You haven't done so as far as I'm concerned.
Goku vs Jiren will happen and it is shown in the intro. One thing is certain it won't be Vegeta vs Goku.
We know Goku will engage Jiren in combat, but the intro is completely out of context. You can't say that's the final two. Because again - Based on what?[/quote]

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:37 am

Shinda Forever wrote: Maybe you don't know this, but, to be someone's rival, you need to surpass or be surpassed several times in a tight rivalry and Goku always owns Vegeta and several times by a large margin, just look at what happened in the cell and majin buu arcs.
By the way, Goku says here: "Don't be surprised if I end up a lot stronger than you, Vegeta". Confirming he isn't a lot stronger by the time he said that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fepeorh9S5U
Goku has had battles since then but he hasn't been healed near death. So no Zenkai.

Vegeta has had ROSAT training since then. You would have to contend that Goku's fight against Toppo and Basil, and quick bout against Frieza, 17 and Gohan, allowed him to not only match post ROSAT Vegeta at SSB but surpass him.

I find it highly unlikely that he did. Nor would it make sense for him to.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:21 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
TBMx wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Hitto also has to come across as somebody worth beating since he didn't beat anyone since Goku and barely did anything in the series. Defeating Vegeta or Toppo will prove that Hitto has a chance to continue in the show as a reliable character that can beat anyone, otherwise, he will become another Piccolo. Frieza knocked the fuck out Goku, that is obviously proof that he is stronger than Vegeta. In my opinion Vegeta already had too much screentime, he is here to lose badly again. He is going to lose either way, we know Goku will face Jiren in the finals.
Do the math, we know U7 can't have 3 fighters in the final 4, therefore, you have to pick Frieza or Vegeta since Jiren and Goku will be finalists, so who do you think it will be between Frieza and Vegeta? Obviously, Frieza and the other finalist will be Hitto since u6 is so close to Universe 7 as it was explained in the anime.
He didn't need to beat anyone since Goku, as beating Goku Kaioken x10 is the best you can get in this show. The only better shine he could get is if he beat Beerus. Beating the main character, Toriyama's Golden Boy, firmly puts him over and he hasn't lost since. In fact he killed Goku briefly and tied with him during the time Vegeta was on long hiatus. We know Hit is worth beating.

Maybe you don't know this, but Vegeta is Goku's archrival, not Hit. I know Toei fails in portraying that a lot of the time (the manga does a far better job), but Toriyama wrote Vegeta as Goku's final opponent, ever, in Dragonball Online. I doubt he will ever "piccolo" Vegeta by replacing him with Hit.

It's not about how much screentime you get. It's about how effective that screentime is at putting someone over. Vegeta's battle in ep 63 was needed to patch the damage done by two terrible back to back losses. Since then he lost again to Zamasu, was make a joke out of by Arale, was benched for 30 episodes in terms of combat, and now has just beaten a couple of C-list opponents.

Frieza can just as easily backstab or betray universe 7, and so it's not much different to having a U6 person there. How I would book it is:

final 4:
Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Jiren.

Final 3,

Goku, Vegeta, Jiren.

Final 2,

Gogeta, Jiren.

Final ,

Goku vs Vegeta.

Goku knocked Frieza out as well. Your point relies on the completely unproven idea that Goku SSB > Vegeta SSB. As Vegeta has had ROSAT training, it is logically Vegeta > Goku in SSB = Golden Frieza. But again, that's not proven as the show hasn't shown us.

Goku vs Jiren as the final two is something we don't know actually. It is too obvious if anything. The entire fanbase EXPECTS it, but we don't know it to be the case.
Saying that Hitto doesn't need to beat anyone, because, he defeated Goku would mean that half of the cast wouldn't be here. It is just pure nonsense. Hitto needs to beat a big gun to establish himself as a main character in the series. Saying that Vegeta needs to beat anyone, because, he lost, it is just more nonsense, Vegeta is there to lose in every arc since he isn't the main character and makes Goku look better by losing first.

Maybe you don't know this, but, to be someone's rival, you need to surpass or be surpassed several times in a tight rivalry and Goku always owns Vegeta and several times by a large margin, just look at what happened in the cell and majin buu arcs.
Dragon ball online is just a video game nothing else, in db heroes, we also see Golden Frieza and Goku standing alone against Jiren. Where was Vegeta?

Actually, it is both, having screentime and being effective. Hitto barely had time in this show and if the producers and Toriyama want to make of him a main character in the show, he needs to beat some big guns and stay on top 4 this time.

How I would book it is:

final 4:
Goku, Hitto, Frieza, Jiren.

Final 3,

Goku, Frieza, Jiren.

Final

Goku, Jiren.

Goku and Frieza knocked out each other which means they are equal, but, despite being koed, Frieza still maintained his golden form while Goku lost his blue form. Once more presuming that just because Vegeta trained in the rosat made him stronger than Goku is wishful thinking thinking since that already happened before and Goku came up on top by a large margin.
It is logically Goku > Vegeta in SSB and Goku SSB = Golden Frieza. The show doesn't need to prove anything since the rule is that Goku is always one step ahead of Vegeta, the burden of proof resides on you and why this time would be different.
Goku vs Jiren will happen and it is shown in the intro. One thing is certain it won't be Vegeta vs Goku.
Hit is not a main character,he is one of the 'big players' in the top sure but i don't know where you got the main character thing.Even if he defeats some of the big guns and stay on top 4 he still won't be a main character.In super there is 2 main characters,Goku the protagonist and Vegeta the deutoratogonist.

Goku will need to unlock a new form to defeat/stand a chance against jirren that much is obvious,so if Hit gives a close match to Jirren then Jirren won't be that much of a threat that will justify unlocking a new form to defeat.

Hit will job to Jirren and he will job hard just to hype him up just like how Vegeta jobbed hard to Hit to hype Hit before.
Hit was goku's rival in the U6 arc and now it will be Jirren,just like it always happens.Hit would not be another Piccolo either if anything he will the next Tien after the Top,after all the reason Piccolo gets more screentime than Tien is because of his relationship with Gohan,Hit has no such thing.

According to dragonball history its pretty obvious Hit will job to Jirren,Hit being a previous arc antagonist will job to the current antagonist Jirren then Goku will unlock a new form leaving Hit in the dust,Hit being a loner from a different universe as well means he won't stick around so at best we will get some moments from him just like Tien in the Cell saga.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:31 pm

The only person competing in the tournament who has ever beaten Goku clean in Super, is Hit.

Tenshinhan defeated Goku. :lol: :lol: Piccolo jr is a reincarnation of Piccolo Daimaoh, therefore, we can say he also defeated Goku.
http://www.dragonballsuperofficial.com/

Who's that next to Goku on the official Website? Is that Hit? :lol:

Maybe here? Who's the character that's scaled the biggest after Goku? Is that Hit? :wave: I can't seem to find Hit's character bio on the official site that lists the main characters. DO you see it?
:yawn: http://www.dragonballsuperofficial.com/about/

Maybe we'll have more luck on Dragonball Z.com.
http://www.dragonballz.com/

Who's that next to Goku on the DVD that dominates the front page? Is that Hit? :lolno:

Hit isn't a main character. He's barely ever on promo material.He barely gets screentime. His background is non existent, nor does he have much personality. Because you think Hit is cool, you want him to be more of a main character than Vegeta, which isn't going to happen.
The links you posted are not working. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hitto is still a young character, so far Hitto did pretty well, didn't he? He smacked midget Vegeta like a bum without being touched once and he didn't lose with Goku twice. Vegeta can't say the same, can he? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :clap:

I saw when Hitto smacked Vegeta bum like a rag doll. Did you enjoy it? :D
:roll: :roll: Characters usually don't have backgrounds in dbz. What is Vegeta's background? He was a prince and a Frieza's lackey. :lol: :lol: :lol: :shifty: We only found out that he had a brother a few years ago. Who is his mother? You don't even know what is a background. I loved when Beerus put him in his place with his feet. :D :lol: :lol: Fucking bum! :lol:
I never claimed Hitto was a main character, i only said he needs to have big wins to establish himself as a main character, that's all.

Vegeta didn't do any worse than Goku in the Zamasu arc. Didn't do any worse in the revival of F arc. Both conceeded it was a tie. He surpassed Goku SS3 as a SS2, he earned SSB on his own, he defeated the most people from U6, 2 on which were curbstomps in order to make Vegeta seem powerful before being fed to Hit. Because if he didn't seem powerful, it would have been pointless. If he doesn't beat anyone strong, he doesn't come across as a "big gun", as you put it.
It was shown that Vegeta was weaker than Goku all the time when they trained under Whis.
He never surpassed Goku as SS2, he just had a angry moment and Kame Senin said that he may have surpassed Goku for a brief moment. Wishful thinking nothing else. We saw who was stronger. Vegeta can't even transform in ssj3.
We clearly aren't watching the same show.

He surpassed Vegeta thrice in dbz, Vegeta surpassed him twice. Allow me to list them.
Goku surpasses Vegeta:
Late Namek Saga.
Cell Saga
Buu Saga. (explainable through otherworld training being more efficient and having a more durable (dead) body to train with)

Vegeta surpasses Goku:
Earlier Namek Saga
Android Saga (Piccolo's word in the manga)
No, you have tunnel vision, that's for sure. Goku surpassed Vegeta when he arrived to Namek by a big difference, then Goku gets injured and Vegeta after taking several beatings surpasses Goku briefly, however, a single beating was enough for Goku to stay ahead of Vegeta by a large margin.

Cell saga only because he trained first. Goku in a less than a year became stronger than Vegeta who trained two full years over there. :lol: Again the difference between them was big.
Not in the manga, sorry to break your bubble.

Piccolo said that he may have surpassed Goku in the android arc, he wasn't sure since he hasn't seen Goku full power.

It's written by Toriyama, so it gives us an idea of where his mind is.
Dragon ball online It is not written by Toriyama, he just gives them ideas, that's all.

About db heroes, we will see what happens, in the past gave us some indications.
Why would they want to make him a main character? Seriously why?
Because, DB needs new characters specially someone who can keep up with the Saiyajins.

Based on what? The Kamehameha against Zamasu? Goku broke his arms doing it, which Vegeta didn't. If Vegeta broke his arms with his then we could use that feat to compare. But as it stands, we can't, as it's clear Goku tried a lot harder. Besides that feat, please tell me what evidence you're using.
Are you even reading? Have you seen Cell saga? :lol: Both trained on rosat and Goku was a lot stronger. Are you saying Vegeta is stronger than Goku in the Zamasu arc. :lol:

Kaioken is one step ahead. Being superior in base SSB as well is two steps ahead. One, two. Why do I need to prove it when I'm saying the show hasn't told us yet. You're the one making the definitive claim. You need to prove it. You haven't done so as far as I'm concerned.
No, it is not, when they trained with Whis, Goku was a step ahead and he was clearly the strongest saiyan. Beerus stated that.
Do i need to teach you who is the main character. Vegeta is just a sidekick nothing else.
We know Goku will engage Jiren in combat, but the intro is completely out of context. You can't say that's the final two. Because again - Based on what?
It is the more likely scenario. Do you want to bet Goku will be the finalist? Who is the main character? Who?
We know Goku will engage Jiren in combat, but the intro is completely out of context. You can't say that's the final two. Because again - Based on what?
He still is stronger. Goku trained with Whis under gravity and kept fighting. Just because, Vegeta trained in the rosat doesn't mean anything, Goku already became stronger than him without the rosat.
Last edited by Shinda Forever on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:49 pm

Whatever wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
TBMx wrote:
He didn't need to beat anyone since Goku, as beating Goku Kaioken x10 is the best you can get in this show. The only better shine he could get is if he beat Beerus. Beating the main character, Toriyama's Golden Boy, firmly puts him over and he hasn't lost since. In fact he killed Goku briefly and tied with him during the time Vegeta was on long hiatus. We know Hit is worth beating.

Maybe you don't know this, but Vegeta is Goku's archrival, not Hit. I know Toei fails in portraying that a lot of the time (the manga does a far better job), but Toriyama wrote Vegeta as Goku's final opponent, ever, in Dragonball Online. I doubt he will ever "piccolo" Vegeta by replacing him with Hit.

It's not about how much screentime you get. It's about how effective that screentime is at putting someone over. Vegeta's battle in ep 63 was needed to patch the damage done by two terrible back to back losses. Since then he lost again to Zamasu, was make a joke out of by Arale, was benched for 30 episodes in terms of combat, and now has just beaten a couple of C-list opponents.

Frieza can just as easily backstab or betray universe 7, and so it's not much different to having a U6 person there. How I would book it is:

final 4:
Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Jiren.

Final 3,

Goku, Vegeta, Jiren.

Final 2,

Gogeta, Jiren.

Final ,

Goku vs Vegeta.

Goku knocked Frieza out as well. Your point relies on the completely unproven idea that Goku SSB > Vegeta SSB. As Vegeta has had ROSAT training, it is logically Vegeta > Goku in SSB = Golden Frieza. But again, that's not proven as the show hasn't shown us.

Goku vs Jiren as the final two is something we don't know actually. It is too obvious if anything. The entire fanbase EXPECTS it, but we don't know it to be the case.
Saying that Hitto doesn't need to beat anyone, because, he defeated Goku would mean that half of the cast wouldn't be here. It is just pure nonsense. Hitto needs to beat a big gun to establish himself as a main character in the series. Saying that Vegeta needs to beat anyone, because, he lost, it is just more nonsense, Vegeta is there to lose in every arc since he isn't the main character and makes Goku look better by losing first.

Dragon ball online is just a video game nothing else, in db heroes, we also see Golden Frieza and Goku standing alone against Jiren. Where was Vegeta?

How I would book it is:

final 4:
Goku, Hitto, Frieza, Jiren.

Final 3,

Goku, Frieza, Jiren.

Final

Goku, Jiren.

Goku and Frieza knocked out each other which means they are equal, but, despite being koed, Frieza still maintained his golden form while Goku lost his blue form. Once more presuming that just because Vegeta trained in the rosat made him stronger than Goku is wishful thinking thinking since that already happened before and Goku came up on top by a large margin.
It is logically Goku > Vegeta in SSB and Goku SSB = Golden Frieza. The show doesn't need to prove anything since the rule is that Goku is always one step ahead of Vegeta, the burden of proof resides on you and why this time would be different.
Hit is not a main character,he is one of the 'big players' in the top sure but i don't know where you got the main character thing.Even if he defeats some of the big guns and stay on top 4 he still won't be a main character.In super there is 2 main characters,Goku the protagonist and Vegeta the deutoratogonist.

Goku will need to unlock a new form to defeat/stand a chance against jirren that much is obvious,so if Hit gives a close match to Jirren then Jirren won't be that much of a threat that will justify unlocking a new form to defeat.

Hit will job to Jirren and he will job hard just to hype him up just like how Vegeta jobbed hard to Hit to hype Hit before.
Hit was goku's rival in the U6 arc and now it will be Jirren,just like it always happens.Hit would not be another Piccolo either if anything he will the next Tien after the Top,after all the reason Piccolo gets more screentime than Tien is because of his relationship with Gohan,Hit has no such thing.

According to dragonball history its pretty obvious Hit will job to Jirren,Hit being a previous arc antagonist will job to the current antagonist Jirren then Goku will unlock a new form leaving Hit in the dust,Hit being a loner from a different universe as well means he won't stick around so at best we will get some moments from him just like Tien in the Cell saga.
Who said Hitto is a main character? I said he needs to beat some powerful guys to establish himself as a main character.
Man, i'm not going to bother to reply to the rest of the shit you wrote, because, the last time i checked you don't work in db super and you are not Toriyama either. You have no idea who is going to beat Hitto in this tournament or who will be the finalists.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:16 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:Man, i'm not going to bother to reply to the rest of the shit you wrote
This is not an appropriate way to respond on this forum.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:17 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Whatever wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Who said Hitto is a main character? I said he needs to beat some powerful guys to establish himself as a main character.
Man, i'm not going to bother to reply to the rest of the shit you wrote, because, the last time i checked you don't work in db super and you are not Toriyama either. You have no idea who is going to beat Hitto in this tournament or who will be the finalists.
Yes and i said thats not how it works and even if Hit beat some powerful guys that will not estabish him as a main character.

I am certainly neither of those and neither are you it seems but you seem pretty confident that Hit will make it to top 4.
Hit's Top placement aside,Hit jobbing to Jirren is as much as a staple as Vegeta getting his ass kicked just to make Goku look good.
Its quite puzzling that you think Hit is any different than all the other rivals to the point they would make an exception for him.

Although Hit vs Jirren is guaranted to happen and since this fight is guaranted to happen the winner of said battle is obvious.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:46 pm

Whatever wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Whatever wrote:
Yes and i said thats not how it works and even if Hit beat some powerful guys that will not estabish him as a main character.

I am certainly neither of those and neither are you it seems but you seem pretty confident that Hit will make it to top 4.
Hit's Top placement aside,Hit jobbing to Jirren is as much as a staple as Vegeta getting his ass kicked just to make Goku look good.
Its quite puzzling that you think Hit is any different than all the other rivals to the point they would make an exception for him.

Although Hit vs Jirren is guaranted to happen and since this fight is guaranted to happen the winner of said battle is obvious.
If Hitto stays on top 4, i think he has a shot to become a main character. Why? If all the universes merge into one like i think it will happen, Hitto can become one of the Z senshi. I'm not confident at all that Hitto will make it to the top 4.
What i think is that Hitto would be a big plus to the series,because, he has a cool design and awesome abilities. We know Special abilities is something that the series lacks, everything is about raw power and new transformations.
On the other hand, we know that Piccolo is a weakling compared to the saiyajins while Hitto can compete with them with Seicho, therefore, Hitto could be invited to become part of the z warriors. As you know Goku's former rivals like Tenshinhan or Piccolo were included in the z team. Why not Hitto?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:54 pm

TBMx wrote:Vegeta has had ROSAT training since then. You would have to contend that Goku's fight against Toppo and Basil, and quick bout against Frieza, 17 and Gohan, allowed him to not only match post ROSAT Vegeta at SSB but surpass him.

I find it highly unlikely that he did. Nor would it make sense for him to.
Vegeta's last RoSaT trip was 15 days... I'll take the battle experience as mattering more than that.

PeanutSaiyan
Banned

Post by PeanutSaiyan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:58 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:

And we are telling you, which you just seen to ignore, that "winning more fights) won't make him a main character regardless. He needs more substance because right now he is a very one dimensional, generic character. Compare him to Krillin who did not win any major fight in Z yet is a much more substantial character, and not surprisingly part of the main cast. Hit can beat everyone at the tournament and it still wouldn't mean shit.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:41 pm

PeanutSaiyan wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

And we are telling you, which you just seen to ignore, that "winning more fights) won't make him a main character regardless. He needs more substance because right now he is a very one dimensional, generic character. Compare him to Krillin who did not win any major fight in Z yet is a much more substantial character, and not surprisingly part of the main cast. Hit can beat everyone at the tournament and it still wouldn't mean shit.
~Krillin has more susbtancial character only in your delusional mind. Krillin is a gag character nothing else, plus you are comparing oranges with apples. Krillin has been a character since the beginning and he never did nothing substantial, Hitto is a young character with a lot of time and potential to be developed.
Last edited by Shinda Forever on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:05 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
PeanutSaiyan wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

~Krillin has more susbtancial character only in your delusional mind. Krillin is a gag character nothing else, plus you are comparing oranges with apples. Krillin has been a character since the beginning and he never did nothing susbtantial, Hitto is a young character with a lot of time and potential to be developed.
This is true, but no, Kuririn definitely has more substance than Hitto curently.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:02 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Whatever wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

If Hitto stays on top 4, i think he has a shot to become a main character. Why? If all the universes merge into one like i think it will happen, Hitto can become one of the Z senshi. I'm not confident at all that Hitto will make it to the top 4.
What i think is that Hitto would be a big plus to the series,because, he has a cool design and awesome abilities. We know Special abilities is something that the series lacks, everything is about raw power and new transformations.
On the other hand, we know that Piccolo is a weakling compared to the saiyajins while Hitto can compete with them with Seicho, therefore, Hitto could be invited to become part of the z warriors. As you know Goku's former rivals like Tenshinhan or Piccolo were included in the z team. Why not Hitto?
I am just trying to say that how many victories Hit will have will not impact whatever chances he has to be a main character,the number of victories mean nothing(unless its a main villain).
What matters more is the focus and role,Hit is one of the 'big players' of the Top but his primary role both in the U6 arc and in Top its clear,to be another stepping stone like the previous rivals for Goku.

I like Hit as well and i certainly welcome any non saiyans powerhouses and they can surprise us but where Hit is headed(at the least for this arc)is absolutely clear.

Piccolo/Tien/Hit are rivals/antagonists that when they were introduced(during the period they made their debut i mean)were close to Goku in power,Hit is obviously the stronger of the 3 since he is the latest of the rivals but regardless of his power and with Goku getting a new form and taking in consideration the history of the show(not to mention Hit's role as i said)its crystal clear where Hit's character is heading.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:28 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Curious: what's up with "Hitto"? For self-consistency, you should also be writing "Bejiita". His name is literally just the approximation of the English word "hit".
If "Kakarot", a name pun clearly based on "Carrot" not "Carrotto" is romanized as Kakarotto, and so is Vegetto, then what's wrong with Hitto? I mean that's what they literally call him in the show.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:40 am

without knowledge hit should beat jiren easily.

jiren may be able to predict, but he can't predict time stoppages. plus hit can improve his technique.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:21 am

DBZ Macky wrote:If "Kakarot", a name pun clearly based on "Carrot" not "Carrotto" is romanized as Kakarotto, and so is Vegetto, then what's wrong with Hitto? I mean that's what they literally call him in the show.
"Kakarrot" is a pun with changed and added syllables. "Hit" is literally just the exact same word as-is, a la "Trunks" and "Cell".
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:16 am

VegettoEX wrote:
DBZ Macky wrote:If "Kakarot", a name pun clearly based on "Carrot" not "Carrotto" is romanized as Kakarotto, and so is Vegetto, then what's wrong with Hitto? I mean that's what they literally call him in the show.
"Kakarrot" is a pun with changed and added syllables. "Hit" is literally just the exact same word as-is, a la "Trunks" and "Cell".
And yet others use the word Beerus or Kuririn all the time. What about Tien? His name is Tenshinhan.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:18 am

Shinda Forever wrote:And yet others use the word Beerus or Kuririn all the time. What about Tien? His name is Tenshinhan.
I don't understand your comment.

ビルス is a multifaceted pun from two distinct sources ("virus" and "beer"), while クリリン is a made-up name with two likely pun sources.

"Tien" is a FUNimation-exclusive name spelling and has no relevance in a discussion about name pun adaptations and transliterations, but rather has a place in a discussion about the accuracy of international localizations.