Do you find it weird U7 is getting almost all the eliminations?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hit!!
Regular

Re: Do you find it weird U7 is getting almost all the eliminations?

Post by Hit!! » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:20 am

GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:Well considering that everyone is out to get U7 because Goku kind of put them all in this situation, it doesn't really surprise me too much.
This

The ones who were eliminated were specifically after Uni 7, so it's not a surprise.

Universe 9 ganged up on Goku and Vegeta.. Universe 4 is also half out and guess what.. They're also trying to go after Uni 7. What do you expect to happen??

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:18 am

It was to be expected U7 to have more, but I wish if they had balanced it a bit for now. I want to see Toppo and the others eliminating some too, or U6, or Ribrianne and her friends. But there's time yet.

At least Basil got one, in the name of U9. Oh, and Frost got one.
Heno heno kappa!

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:00 pm

While I think U7 will get the most attention due to them being the main universe, I also believe U7 in general has exceptionally strong fighters compared to everyone else.

Having 7 people in your 10 man team who surpassed Namek Saga Frieza (previously the strongest being in the universe) definitely helps. Shoot if they wanted to, they could've had future Trunks, Goten and Kid Trunks take the human spots and have a ridiculously OP team. But for obvious reasons, Goten and Trunks weren't able to compete. I was againast it at first, but after seeing the competition, it would've been a bad decision to have two children fight in place of experienced fighters. I̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶c̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶'̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶g̶l̶o̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶c̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶. Thank goodness we have strong experienced fighters who'd never do that. :problem:

I don't mind seeing U7 take a lot of the KOs right now. I'm sure they'll show U11 getting some KOs soon as well. there are 80 fighters for goodness sake.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Actually, there's less than 60 fighters now, not counting Universe 7. I don't want to see U7 monopolising the eliminations, even if they do happen to contain the largest number of powerful contestants. Being responsible for the largest plurality of defeats is one thing, but the other universes should be given good opportunities to eliminate the competition.

At this time, I see no reason not to assume that the humans could have surpassed Freeza on Namek. The ridiculous power inflation in Super makes it possible. For someone like #18 to incur damage, even be pushed to the brink of elimination herself, by fighters whom Krillin is capable of fighting should be an indication. If these fighters truly had power levels in just the thousands or low millions then #18 wouldn't even need to try. She could do as Jackie Chun did against Yamcha during the 21st tournament and create a turbulent gust of wind with her arm to force them out of bounds.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:45 pm

Replace the humans with Majin Buu, dabura and cell and there wouldnt be a need for a tournament . The fact is the u7 team is op as all hell. Jiren will have his one on one shot but if this was happening without a plot device to protect certain characters and u7 was all full strength...game over.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:24 pm

julianix wrote:Replace the humans with Majin Buu, dabura and cell and there wouldnt be a need for a tournament . The fact is the u7 team is op as all hell. Jiren will have his one on one shot but if this was happening without a plot device to protect certain characters and u7 was all full strength...game over.
After seeing Krillin get knocked from gloating, we could've had Goten and Trunks In place of Krillin and Roshi. One of those two could've easily been in a similar situation. While Krillin used his shoes as a decoy to catch someone off guard, Trunks or Goten could've soloed or double teamed him.

What a waste of an opportunity to include the futures of the franchise.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Snakeway Skywalker
Beyond Newbie

Post by Snakeway Skywalker » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:16 am

It's a pretty big problem in this arc that no one is really talking about. I get that its a battle royale, and thus, hard to show all that's going on, but show some of the other fights that are going on besides the ones involving the U7 fighters! Surely team 7 isn't going to get all the eliminations. And showing these other fights could introduce us to some of the fighters (like pride troopers) that'll be squaring off against the Universe 7 guys later.