The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Post by Lionel » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:58 am

I would gladly applaud an abrupt elimination of the Saiyan Prince who thought himself an impossible force in the ring. It offers an unexpected twist with the uncertainty on how the others will cope with such a tremendous blow made to their fighting forces. Give me some improvisational strategies and team based collaboration over a solitarian juggernaut who bulldozes his way through the competition. I would encourage the same loss to befall Goku but his status guarantees him immunity, unfortunately.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:17 am

precita wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
precita wrote:
People wanted to see Gohan back in action for years. His character is built up to a return to form in this tournament. Just because you have a bizarre dislike to him doesn't mean literally millions of other people aren't interesting in seeing him fight.
I dont really care what other people want when I'm watching fwiw. Not that they dont matter but what they want in no way impacts my likes or dislikes.
Well if you don't like Gohan that's not a problem for everyone else. He's an important character and he should get a big role in this tournament.

And Vegeta isn't important character for the plot? Double standard here?

Seriously guys, there are two ways to deal with Vegeta - he wasn't present at the beginning of the arc because they didn't want him to do anything big OR (most likely version to happen) it was a diversion which should have made us think that he wouldn't do anything BIG. If Vegeta isn't present at the beginning, then you can be sure he will receive many love later. Mark my words.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:19 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Show me where I said hes my biggest life problem. Whast a literally retarded reply.
MR.Mark wrote:Vegeta was defeated by a bitch in the Cell arc, then by a fat ass in the Buu arc. Now he will be defeated by a fat ass bitch in the top arc, full circle.
These kinds of posts are not representative of what Kanzenshuu expects from its community members. Please review the community guidelines before making any further contributions.

If you wish to talk like this, please do so back on the schoolyard playground.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:27 am

...It was a joke directed toward fictional characters, but OK I apologize.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:44 pm

I actually hope this is the order also because Piccolo will last a really long time and hopefully get some big fights and moments. I'm worried as all hell Piccolo will be treated poorly here, so I'll be really surprised and thrilled if Piccolo gets a major point in this tournament.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:28 pm

I think we're looking a bit too much into the ending. It would be interesting if the ending worked as foreshadowing but so far there's nothing substantial in the ending to dissect.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:34 pm

I highly doubt they would spoil something like this in the ending or in the opening, but who knows. If Tien will go next and after him Vegeta, I will believe this theory. If Piccolo (since I think he's holding the 2 star Dragon Ball in the opening) and after him Roshi (3 star Dragon Ball) I will believe the other theory.

If Vegeta will really get eliminated that early, the fandom will explode in anger.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

dbzfan619

Post by dbzfan619 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:50 pm

I wouldn't mind this order, to be honest. I'm glad that Piccolo would last longer than anticipated and may still have some relevancy leftover. Having a U6 member be a namekian, would be a perfect setup for giving him a new power up that would make him keep up with the SSJ forms .

I would kind of be bummed if Vegeta gets eliminated so soon and would swap him with Roshi, but there has to be a wildcard somewhere. Frieza, Gohan and Goku being the last only makes sense when there the most relevant characters, both in terms of plot and power.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Lionel wrote:I would gladly applaud an abrupt elimination of the Saiyan Prince who thought himself an impossible force in the ring. It offers an unexpected twist with the uncertainty on how the others will cope with such a tremendous blow made to their fighting forces. Give me some improvisational strategies and team based collaboration over a solitarian juggernaut who bulldozes his way through the competition. I would encourage the same loss to befall Goku but his status guarantees him immunity, unfortunately.
I'd honestly be right on board with Goku going out early as well had they clearly not be doing something with him this saga. It's why I don't want Goku, Gohan, or Freeza going early.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:28 pm

I guess this theory has really caught on. I was just on Facebook and there were some people talking about this very possibility on a link to the video of the ending.

Now I'm really anxious to see who gets tossed out next. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see some kind of Father-Son team up happening.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:53 am

I'd be okay with it. Mostly because someone should be punished for not using the damn teamwork plan, and it sure as hell isn't going to be Goku or Frieza due to plot.

Champa acknowledges that without Goku and Vegeta Universe 7 is doomed and Beerus seems to think the same way. An early-ish exit from Vegeta will ramp up the tension a bit. At least in universe. We know Gohan is stupidly strong as well, but it's one less person to keep Frieza in check.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:49 am

sintzu wrote:
MR.Mark wrote:Vegeta was defeated by a bitch in the Cell arc,

then by a fat ass in the Buu arc.
So was everyone else.

So was Gohan and Gotenks.
I think you're taking me to seriously, but still as long as it serves the story and I'm entertained I won't be to bothered if Vegeta is beaten by a "fat ass bitch".

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:10 am

Based on episode leaks. It seems like Roshi is going to get shine in episode 101. Which should be an indicator he will be eliminated.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:40 am

Interesting theory, I would personally be on board with someone like a Frieza or Vegeta getting an unexpected early elimination. None of the other characters would cause an impact as shocking as those two going out early imo, besides Goku who we all know is unlikely to get eliminated early, or even eliminated at all till the ending of the ToP.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:57 pm

It seems like Ribianne or whatever her name is, is important now since she's on new scans/promotions. I think she will be the end of Vegeta.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:13 pm

precita wrote:It seems like Ribianne or whatever her name is, is important now since she's on new scans/promotions. I think she will be the end of Vegeta.
Which indicates nothing at all

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:57 pm

The order in the ending would be pretty great, if handled well.

Krillin going out first is surprising;
Tenshinhan being next is expected;
Vegeta after that is again surprising, but makes sense with how little time devoted to him he got prior to the Tournament and if it does come to that, he seems to put in work before it anyway;
18 next is again expected, but she is still a valuable asset to the team, so it should be a pretty big loss going forward;
17 after her is unexpected, but with 18 and Krillin out he loses quite a lot of fun team possibilities that he holds, so it makes sense;
Piccolo being next is expected, but surviving for so long should be good enough for him and should be a big blow to Gohan's plan;
Muten Roshi surviving so long is surprising, makes his inclusion worthwhile and after his elimination the U7 should become pretty unstable, with Gohan's plan coming to an end, Goku's Jiren boner and Freeza's schemes, all of it serving as good drama for the final act of the Tournament;
Freeza being next is surprising, but he might be used as the measuring stick for Jiren and being left with no choice but root for Goku and his son should prove fun, not to mention his schemes might not be restricted to the arena;
Goku as the second to last, especially after getting a new transformation and leaving Gohan to become the winner would be exciting, as it would make a nice father-son moment, especially if his fight with Jiren ends in a double elimination;
And lastly, Gohan being the winner, cleaning up whoever is left, if anyone, should be the return to form promised troughout this arc and might have been foreshadowed in his fight with Lavenda, where he won the fight but the Grand Priest stole it from him.

Of course, assuming nothing happens until the end to interrupt the Battle Royale.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:12 am

To be honest I wonder how Tenshinhan will get knocked out if he continues to stand next to Gohan. He doesn't seem to fly off on his own like the Androids and Vegeta did.

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Vice » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:56 am

I'd love to see Vegeta eliminated early just to see his whiny ass fanbase cry more.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 am

precita wrote:To be honest I wonder how Tenshinhan will get knocked out if he continues to stand next to Gohan. He doesn't seem to fly off on his own like the Androids and Vegeta did.
Gohan leaves the party to save Goku's neck like he was going to do this episode until piccolo stops him..
At that instant every remaining uni 7 member is taken out by a top fighter..
Hopefully toppo
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker