The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The_Destroyer
Regular

Re: The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:57 pm

gofishus wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:
gofishus wrote:
I think that's beyond the Super Dragon Balls power I think. Otherwise Grand Priest would have just wished himself to be next Zeno or erase Zeno by now.
The GP is evil theory hasnt been confirmed in the slightest so it's ridiculous to assume that he would do something like that.
Being that we don't know much about GP at all, its also ridiculous to assume that he *wouldn't* do something like that. What is the end game for this tournament? wishing all the universes back. Look, if the Super Dragon Balls had more power than Zeno himself, and it resides in the universes that Zeno created, does that make any sense at all? Wouldn't Zeno know about that?
The burden of proof lies on the idea that GP is evil, not on the idea that he isn't. The show has already shown us that GP servers Zeno without any complaints and hasn't shown him acting in defiance of Zeno at all. It is ridiculous to assume that he's evil and then go and disprove a theory with that assumption, which itself is another theory.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:15 pm

TBMx wrote:They should eliminate Vegeta next episode. By killing off the last hope of Vegeta fans the controversy would be more interesting than the actual show, and they'll finally reach acceptance that this is Goku Ball Super. Don't like it? Write your own story. :lol:
When a post is written like this (and several other of your recent posts, rife with sarcasm and mockery), seeking to provoke a negative reaction from other people... that's what we call "trolling." Please don't do it. A fan-community is not supposed to be a "who can be the most right and get one-up on other fans the most often" battleground.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

blackbewhite2k7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by blackbewhite2k7 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:24 pm

I hate the fact that this stupid theory has been validated for another 2 weeks minimum

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:50 pm

I agree they made this show, "Goku Ball Super!" They really need to do more to show off everyone in the show more. it's all coming down to power moves and strength. There should be way more opportunities for strategy and all of those moves tienshin and other have to be useful. That was the whole leadin to the arc... Now it's just big guys squashing small guys and the occasional forces usage of smaller characters. They writing needs to be improved to consider why strength is not always a virtue. And why focusing on it too much can be a detriment. Especially with stuff as complex as a multi universe tournament.

We haven't even gotten a solar flare yet... So far that would have been useful. Especially against the sniper let alone anything with eyes. I was expecting mass use of the smaller abilities going into this tournament and we have gotten basically nothing but forces usage of, "weaker," abilities.

If they eliminated the smaller characters because they were mass using the useful, weaker, abilities that would be one thing. but there is no mass grou combat. Even amongst the non Freeza/vegeta cast... I was expecting them to group up and have massive group vs group combat at the start until we got to the stronger fighters or whoever survived. Which I would assume would be a mix because abilities sure as heck should be outrumping strength. Especially in this environment. There is no teamwork in this tournament. That should have punished the Z team already as they were showing their inability. Not them going in and everyone lacking teamwork like was made clear before going in. The enemy and the Z team are too dumbed down.

That would at least give a backdrop for things like frieza betraying people like him not helping in subtle ways at opportune times to screw his team or anything clever that could occur in a team fight. they did nothing to take advantage of the storyline they set up for this arc. It's a huge letdown.

The only thing I can think of is the break up of the team at first is part of the story for something important. But that does not take into account the stupidity of the enemy teams.. This seems to just be sloppy writing. Unless there is something very significant to it later there is no need for how it's setup atm. They could get the same lessons out of more complex combat scenarios regardless. Actually, a lot more!

I'm not too worried about the order or how it's revealed. I'm more concerened with how it's carried out. any number of good writing scenarios could have it kick people i a complex way. Especially quick powerful strategic strikes to remove enemies when they show weakness. Say vegeta accidently slips up because he and the team are being focussed on. and regardless of his potential good strategy is pressured more of circumstancially and he is removed. Partially because the powers at hand that the z fighters can't predict are weak towards some unforseen difficutl situation and they get vegeta in a way nobody can help. It's not hard for such a scenario to exist but the reality of the fight has to be imagined and used. There is no such scenario but small person to person combat in a very simplistic fashion in the show. No hard hitting complex fighting that should exist to challenge the z fighters and make their win, assuming, a very hard earned victory and very questionable if at all true.

The tournament is way too timid. This is either purposeful writing of sloppy. And if it's purposeful I question it's need to be this timid. Either way it's a loss off opportunity for very interesting writing. I assume at this point it's a lack of imagination.The only other thing I can think of is the order of the story is based on something else. Like an old Chinese parable or myth or something and that is dictating the way its' working and how everyone acts. That could logically make sense out of all of this. That is as closest I can imagine to a good reason for this to be going the way it is.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:15 pm

Arugela wrote:I agree they made this show, "Goku Ball Super!" They really need to do more to show off everyone in the show more. it's all coming down to power moves and strength. There should be way more opportunities for strategy and all of those moves tienshin and other have to be useful. That was the whole leadin to the arc... Now it's just big guys squashing small guys and the occasional forces usage of smaller characters. They writing needs to be improved to consider why strength is not always a virtue. And why focusing on it too much can be a detriment. Especially with stuff as complex as a multi universe tournament.

We haven't even gotten a solar flare yet... So far that would have been useful. Especially against the sniper let alone anything with eyes. I was expecting mass use of the smaller abilities going into this tournament and we have gotten basically nothing but forces usage of, "weaker," abilities.

If they eliminated the smaller characters because they were mass using the useful, weaker, abilities that would be one thing. but there is no mass grou combat. Even amongst the non Freeza/vegeta cast... I was expecting them to group up and have massive group vs group combat at the start until we got to the stronger fighters or whoever survived. Which I would assume would be a mix because abilities sure as heck should be outrumping strength. Especially in this environment. There is no teamwork in this tournament. That should have punished the Z team already as they were showing their inability. Not them going in and everyone lacking teamwork like was made clear before going in. The enemy and the Z team are too dumbed down.

That would at least give a backdrop for things like frieza betraying people like him not helping in subtle ways at opportune times to screw his team or anything clever that could occur in a team fight. they did nothing to take advantage of the storyline they set up for this arc. It's a huge letdown.

The only thing I can think of is the break up of the team at first is part of the story for something important. But that does not take into account the stupidity of the enemy teams.. This seems to just be sloppy writing. Unless there is something very significant to it later there is no need for how it's setup atm. They could get the same lessons out of more complex combat scenarios regardless. Actually, a lot more!

I'm not too worried about the order or how it's revealed. I'm more concerened with how it's carried out. any number of good writing scenarios could have it kick people i a complex way. Especially quick powerful strategic strikes to remove enemies when they show weakness. Say vegeta accidently slips up because he and the team are being focussed on. and regardless of his potential good strategy is pressured more of circumstancially and he is removed. Partially because the powers at hand that the z fighters can't predict are weak towards some unforseen difficutl situation and they get vegeta in a way nobody can help. It's not hard for such a scenario to exist but the reality of the fight has to be imagined and used. There is no such scenario but small person to person combat in a very simplistic fashion in the show. No hard hitting complex fighting that should exist to challenge the z fighters and make their win, assuming, a very hard earned victory and very questionable if at all true.

The tournament is way too timid. This is either purposeful writing of sloppy. And if it's purposeful I question it's need to be this timid. Either way it's a loss off opportunity for very interesting writing. I assume at this point it's a lack of imagination.The only other thing I can think of is the order of the story is based on something else. Like an old Chinese parable or myth or something and that is dictating the way its' working and how everyone acts. That could logically make sense out of all of this. That is as closest I can imagine to a good reason for this to be going the way it is.
Yes we have. They used it in the first episode of the tournament and Krillin used the 100x Solar Flare before he was eliminated.

We also had an entire episode last week dedicated to showing how experience can trump power and Krillin beat a superior opponent before getting ringed out by being clever.

Also, 'there's no teamwork'? There was literally teamwork in this past episode. We also saw team work from U9 before they got erased, the Pride Troopers in Episode 101 and 104, and Krillin and 18 teamed up. Goku and Vegeta even worked together twice.

Honestly, a lot of your complaints come off as if you didn't watched the tournament or just looked at select clips.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:23 pm

The entire arc was presented as if there was going to be big 10vs 10 combat scenarios with much more complex issues to deal with and very difficult. The entire tournament has been as laissez faire as it gets. All teams are splitting up and doing the same stupid thing. when you have 10 guys vs 70 splitting up is not smart.. Everyone in the tournament is so far very stupid strategically. Even if this has to do with the reason for their elimination/wiping and the tournament as a whole, it's still pretty pathetic.

Either way I'm not against the elimination order. You can show the highlights of the arc and the meat of it is good. It is in fact independent so it doesn't matter. What matters is the path. That is the issue atm. Though I guess there is plenty of room for it to improves but it was not what I was expecting.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:40 pm

Arugela wrote:The entire arc was presented as if there was going to be big 10vs 10 combat scenarios with much more complex issues to deal with and very difficult. The entire tournament has been as laissez faire as it gets. All teams are splitting up and doing the same stupid thing. when you have 10 guys vs 70 splitting up is not smart.. Everyone in the tournament is so far very stupid strategically. Even if this has to do with the reason for their elimination/wiping and the tournament as a whole, it's still pretty pathetic.

Either way I'm not against the elimination order. You can show the highlights of the arc and the meat of it is good. It is in fact independent so it doesn't matter. What matters is the path. That is the issue atm. Though I guess there is plenty of room for it to improves but it was not what I was expecting.
No it wasn't. The arc was presented as a giant battle royal with 80 people fighting at once in a limited space. No one pretended it was going to be a straight 10-v-10-10-v-10-10-v-10. And teams are not all doing the same thing since some split into groups like the magical girls, other are doing their own thing like Toppo, while some put their full force in a giant team effort like U9 or half the Pride Troopers in Episode 101.

Saying that 'stupid strategically' is weird since U9 shows what happened when one universe tries to ganged up, so splitting your forces makes more practical sense. You also have this past episode where two members of one universe turned the battlefield into WWII. You also have Roshi going around taking out people with unique abilities and Dypso and the other guy from U10 ganging up on Hit to take out the ace of U6.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:19 am

gohan_black wrote:YEAH VEGETA WOULD BE ELIMINATED BEFORE ROSHI . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheOne wrote:Fortunately we don't have to worry about Vegeta ringing out next episode. Most people are smart enough to know Vegeta will last awhile.
I don't know how likely it is but with the order of the ending so far being correct, you shouldn't completely rule it out.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:57 am

Vegeta being tossed out before Roshi would add much tension in Universe 7, it would do wonders for the story. Hopefully, he'll be out.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:07 am

sintzu wrote:
gohan_black wrote:YEAH VEGETA WOULD BE ELIMINATED BEFORE ROSHI . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheOne wrote:Fortunately we don't have to worry about Vegeta ringing out next episode. Most people are smart enough to know Vegeta will last awhile.
I don't know how likely it is but with the order of the ending so far being correct, you shouldn't completely rule it out.

I did think it was strange to see Vegeta in the same panel with Krillin and Tien since they are on the lower tier of fighters. (sorry Tien and Krillin fans)

You would expect him to be seen with the likes of Goku and Gohan, so yeah it's a bit suspicious.
One thing is for sure though, the strongest not always wins, and I for one am glad they are not following the most predictable path here.
Even though the writers are once again shitting on Vegeta and putting Goku on top again. (Really? what a surprise, never saw that one coming. :roll: )

Therefore Frieza should win the tournament, now THAT would be a real schocker and waaaaaaay more interesting story wise!

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:48 am

sintzu wrote:
You guys keep talking about this ridiculous order. Can't you just accept the fact that Krillin and Tien are just weak? Roshi is literally getting man handled by Frost next episode and you're STILL going on about Vegeta being the next one out? Krillin, Tien and Roshi had no business being in this tournament to begin with and you're saying one of the strongest fighters in this tournament is going to be leaving before Roshi does? You guys are delusional.
How i predict the tournament will end:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:53 am

TheOne wrote:
sintzu wrote:
You guys keep talking about this ridiculous order. Can't you just accept the fact that Krillin and Tien are just weak? Roshi is literally getting man handled by Frost next episode and you're STILL going on about Vegeta being the next one out? Krillin, Tien and Roshi had no business being in this tournament to begin with and you're saying one of the strongest fighters in this tournament is going to be leaving before Roshi does? You guys are delusional.
What is unbelievable about Frost getting revenge since it is implied he is up to something.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:13 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheOne wrote:
sintzu wrote:

What is unbelievable about Frost getting revenge since it is implied he is up to something.
Whats unbelievable is that people think Vegeta is going to be the next one out when Roshi is literally getting his butt handed to him by Frost

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:17 am

TheOne wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Whats unbelievable is that people think Vegeta is going to be the next one out when Roshi is literally getting his butt handed to him by Frost
I actually think that Frost with his foot on Roshi is at the start of the episode. Roshi uses his Mafuba and anything could happen then.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:22 am

TheOne wrote:You guys keep talking about this ridiculous order. Can't you just accept the fact that Krillin and Tien are just weak? Roshi is literally getting man handled by Frost next episode and you're STILL going on about Vegeta being the next one out? Krillin, Tien and Roshi had no business being in this tournament to begin with and you're saying one of the strongest fighters in this tournament is going to be leaving before Roshi does? You guys are delusional.
When this ending theory was brought up I thought it was crazy as surely they wouldn't spoile something as big as the order the fighters get ringed out it so early. Multiple episodes later and the 2nd fighter to leave matches the order so there might be some truth to it.

I'm the biggest Vegeta fan here so I'm the last one who wants to believe this but there's no denying that the possibility is there, even though it's very small.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:23 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheOne wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
I actually think that Frost with his foot on Roshi is at the start of the episode. Roshi uses his Mafuba and anything could happen then.
What could an exhausted Roshi (who is completely irrelevant) do to Frost? Roshi is not going to take out another fighter. It's been pure fan service that he was even in this tournament to begin with. That mafuba isn't going to work and Roshi isn't going to take out someone as cunning and powerful as Frost with it.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:33 am

sintzu wrote:
TheOne wrote:You guys keep talking about this ridiculous order. Can't you just accept the fact that Krillin and Tien are just weak? Roshi is literally getting man handled by Frost next episode and you're STILL going on about Vegeta being the next one out? Krillin, Tien and Roshi had no business being in this tournament to begin with and you're saying one of the strongest fighters in this tournament is going to be leaving before Roshi does? You guys are delusional.
When this ending theory was brought up I thought it was crazy as surely they wouldn't spoile something as big as the order the fighters get ringed out it so early. Multiple episodes later and the 2nd fighter to leave matches the order so there might be some truth to it.

I'm the biggest Vegeta fan here so I'm the last one who wants to believe this but there's no denying that the possibility is there, even though it's very small.
I just find it hard to believe since Frost literally has his foot on Roshis chest in an inescapable position. His time in the spotlight has passed and he has absolutely nothing to offer now. Roshi is the only one showing signs of losing Yet people still believe Vegeta is the next to fall? I just can't believe that. To me it's just a coincidence.

The three weakest fighters on the team are Roshi, Tien and Krillin. All three of them were going to be the obvious ones to fallout first. Yes I'm a Vegeta fan, but I know for a fact that they're not going to cut him loose next episode. Toei sucks at their job but they're not THAT bad where they'd throw away Vegeta this early on. Especially when there hasn't been much Cabba and Vegeta interaction.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:41 am

sintzu wrote: When this ending theory was brought up I thought it was crazy as surely they wouldn't spoile something as big as the order the fighters get ringed out it so early. Multiple episodes later and the 2nd fighter to leave matches the order so there might be some truth to it.

I wouldn't have given it a second thought if Boogie Back hadn't given away the sleeping Buu. There was a lot of stuff in that ED that didn't happen like Gohan, Goku, and Vegeta fighting together, so it's hard to rule out the possibility that something might be there among the pretty imagery.

I also wouldn' rule out the possibility of friendly fire 'accidents' from Frieza. He is conspiring with Frost and that 'F' in the title could apply to either or both.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:42 am

TheOne wrote:Toei sucks at their job but they're not THAT bad where they'd throw away Vegeta this early on.
Vegeta seems too big of a character to throw out this early but at the same time, it didn't stop them form side lining him in the majority of Black's arc and so far this whole arc which is 30 episodes in.

I'm not worried about the manga though as he got A LOT to do in Black's arc and the current arc started with him fighting Beerus so whatever he lacks in the anime he more than makes up for in the manga.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:49 am

blackbewhite2k7 wrote:I hate the fact that this stupid theory has been validated for another 2 weeks minimum
Same here, like do people really think Roshi is gonna last right until the end? The man is already at his limits, a vague picture of Buu and all of sudden people are blowing at the load for "FORESHADOWING , FORESHADOWING , FORESHADOWING. OMG FORESHADOWING !!!!!!"

Simple, people are looking for things that aren't there, the fanbase has been wrong on multiple occasions and this will just be another one. Really tiresome at this point. :yawn: