The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Post by precita » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:26 pm

Taken from reddit/the internet:

With Krillin being eliminated first, and the order this goes in, this could very well be a hint to the order the main cast goes down. The last ending hinted to Buu sleeping on a cloud which happened, and this ending portrayed the main cast in a certain order.

That would mean Tenshinhan gets eliminated next, and Vegeta gets a shocking early knock out which many of us have been predicting. Perhaps the reason Vegeta got so much focus this early on is to give him lots of fights before he goes down. We know from the animators 18 and 17 will have a team up fight together, so it makes sense for them to outlast them. Then shockingly it looks like Piccolo and Roshi might survive a long time, and Freeza will be the third to last eliminated. Finally, Goku and Gohan will be the last two standing, and we don't know if either Gohan or Goku will be the final winner overall as that's not spoiled.

If Tenshinhan really does get knocked out next, I'd say this ending was amazing subtle foreshadowing.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:30 pm

If heros trailer us anything to serious about, and it should be taken seriously..
Freeza isn't going out till the end..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:31 pm

Master Roshi outlasting Vegeta would be hilarious for all the wrong reasons. And by wrong reason I mean the reactions of the Vegeta Fans.

But yeah, this is something interesting to keep an eye on. I guess we will see. It would be less predictable than having the elimination order be from Weakest to strongest.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:31 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:If heros trailer us anything to serious about, and it should be taken seriously..
Being the third to last fighter taken out is literally the end. I definitely see Goku/Gohan being the last two, as this ending implied. Heroes is just a spinoff, it's not something from the main series.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:33 pm

precita wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:If heros trailer us anything to serious about, and it should be taken seriously..
Being the third to last fighter taken out is literally the end. I definitely see Goku/Gohan being the last two, as this ending implied. Heroes is just a spinoff, it's not something from the main series.
The trailer showed nobody else on the stage but Freeza, Goku and jiren..

As I am sure you are aware of why I am saying heros should be taken seriously in most cases, I would avoid the long repetition of same explanations
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:48 pm

I don't think they're going to spoil something like that in the ending (I hope not).
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:53 pm

sintzu wrote:I don't think they're going to spoil something like that in the ending (I hope not).
The chance always exists, but I agree. It'd be pretty lame if they spoiled something like that in the outro.
Ki Breaker wrote:
precita wrote:
The trailer showed nobody else on the stage but Freeza, Goku and jiren..

As I am sure you are aware of why I am saying heros should be taken seriously in most cases, I would avoid the long repetition of same explanations
While Heroes isn't always accurate, the sheer fact it has gotten things right and spoiled/foreshadowed something that's happened means it's worth consideration. Goku, Jiren, and Freeza lasting to the end as the last 3 is a possibility. Don't know how likely it is, but definitely something to keep a note of.
Last edited by Jigurashi on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:54 pm

sintzu wrote:I don't think they're going to spoil something like that in the ending (I hope not).
Who knows. If Tenshinhan gets knocked out next, and especially if Vegeta gets knocked out third, then it's very likely. Vegeta getting such an early knock out would be the shock they're going for, to see the second strongest fighter of U7 knocked out so early. To see everyone else like Goku/Gohan or even Freeza shocked by this. It also makes sense given Vegeta's low-key hype in the recruitment episodes, then Vegeta getting so much focus early on helping to eliminate U9 and fighting Botamo in the last episode. We'll also get to see Vegeta see Kale/Caulifa in the next episode, then probably lose to the Fat woman as seen in the opening.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Hopefully it doesn't, because I can't Vegeta getting eliminated so soon.

I may as well do my order. I would go with: Roshi - Tenshinhan - Krillin - Piccolo - C18 - C17 - Vegeta - Gohan - Freeza - Goku
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:58 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Hopefully it doesn't, because I can't Vegeta getting eliminated so soon.

I may as well do my order. I would go with: Roshi - Tenshinhan - Krillin - Piccolo - C18 - C17 - Vegeta - Gohan - Freeza - Goku
Wouldn't this order need to be changed since Kuririn is out first? Or is this just an original order you predicted before episode 99?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:58 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Hopefully it doesn't, because I can't Vegeta getting eliminated so soon.

Which proves your order, and a lot of everyone elses predictions, didn't come to pass. Not many people thought Krillin would be the first eliminated, so that was already a surprise.

Roshi lasting so far into the tournament would actually make sense to justify his existence here, and it's something I can see Toriyama doing.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:59 pm

precita wrote:Vegeta lose to the Fat woman as seen in the opening.
How is someone who's equal to his Ssj going to knock him out ? Just because they fought in the opening doesn't mean it's going to be his last fight. If she was someone important we would've gotten some major build up to her. She just seems like another character that no one will remember once she's gone.

She's so unimportant that people either call her the tellatuby or the fat lady, that isn't exactly material I can see Vegeta losing to.
Last edited by sintzu on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:01 pm

Please no more Gohan. Why didnt you just end him in ROF Frieza you jerk. Ill be sad if he lasts.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:01 pm

sintzu wrote:
precita wrote:Vegeta lose to the Fat woman as seen in the opening.
How is someone who's equal to his Ssj going to knock him out ? Just because they fought in the opening doesn't mean it's going to be his last fight. If she was someone important we would've gotten some major build up to her. She just seems like another character that no one will remember once she's gone.
She was put in the opening, over anyone else. Not even Caulifa or Kale got a huge fight in the opening like that. This wouldn't be the first time Vegeta lost to a fat person (see Fat Buu), and Vegeta taking out by a fat woman is just the twist we need. It would also be another one of Vegeta's humiliating defeats, just like how he lost to Zarbon, Recoome, or 18. Vegeta went from becoming Super Saiyan the first time to losing to a blonde teenage girl who broke his arm in the Cell saga.

Vegeta getting humiliating defeats is par the course for the series.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:02 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:He disgusts me as a person.
You have it good if an animated drawing is what disgusts you.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:02 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Please no more Gohan. Why didnt you just end him in ROF Frieza you jerk. Ill be sad if he lasts.
People wanted to see Gohan back in action for years. His character is built up to a return to form in this tournament. Just because you have a bizarre dislike to him doesn't mean literally millions of other people aren't interesting in seeing him fight.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:06 pm

precita wrote:This wouldn't be the first time Vegeta lost to a fat person (see Fat Buu).

Vegeta taking out by a fat woman is just the twist we need.

Vegeta went from becoming Super Saiyan the first time to losing to a blonde teenage girl who broke his arm in the Cell saga.

Vegeta getting humiliating defeats is par the course for the series.
He killed himself trying to kill Buu, before that he was beating him left and right.

No it isn't, him winning the tournament is what we (By we, I mean I) need.

That same girl destroyed everyone as well, this person on the other hand doesn't seem capable of much.

This applies to everyone in the series.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:46 pm

Jigurashi wrote:

Wouldn't this order need to be changed since Kuririn is out first? Or is this just an original order you predicted before episode 99?
Yes, that would be the order I would go before episode 99. Now it's ruined. :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:52 pm

That should mean Vegeta would lose to Brianne(if she is really Jirens counterpart).

Tenshinhan being the next one eliminated wouldnt shock anyone after how he has been treated in this arc so far.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:53 pm

I would hope it's not as predictable as Goku, Gohan, Vegeta and Frieza being the last four. Roshi going far would be unexpected.

I never thought Krillin would go out first so I'm glad at least that was unpredictable.

I wouldn't mind Goku and Frieza being the remaining two or Gohan being the remaining one, I think the latter would be unlikely because again everyone expects Goku to be the last one left so if he wasn't then it'd be interesting.