The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Basako
Advanced Regular

Re: The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Post by Basako » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:55 pm

Nah, I don't think there is a hidden message there. Maybe if you changed Vegeta with Roshi, although something unexpected would be refreshing. But, no, I don't see this.
Heno heno kappa!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:01 pm

Question!

What about the order of stars in each dragon ball Team 7 holds in the opening? Krillin is holding the 1 star ball there. Is there an hd image showing everyone else's ball numbers?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:14 pm

Chuquita wrote:Question!

What about the order of stars in each dragon ball Team 7 holds in the opening? Krillin is holding the 1 star ball there. Is there an hd image showing everyone else's ball numbers?
There was a thread on reddit about that.
Krillin-1
Piccolo-2
17-5

the rest are almost impossible to tell.
http://imgur.com/a/635h9

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:20 pm

Chuquita wrote:Question!

I don't know is about any image but watching the video in HD it's still really hard to make out but I think

Piccolo has the 2 Star Ball

Roshi has the 3 Star Ball

17 has the 4 or 5 Star Ball.

Tien has the 4 or 5 Star Ball

18 has the 6 or 7 Star Ball

Frieza has the the 6 or 7 Star Ball

Snakeway Skywalker
Beyond Newbie

Post by Snakeway Skywalker » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:25 pm

Roshi lasting that long in the tournament would be a hilarious and unexpected treat. If Vegeta is going out this early (#3), I just expect it to be a worthy defeat at the hands of Hit or someone nearly as powerful.

And if Gohan & Goku were the remaining two, maybe the winners of the tournament, that would finally appease all those who have been disappointed in Gohan since the beginning of the Buu arc. As the last fight of the TOP, a Goku-Gohan fusion versus Jiren would be SWEEEEET!! :mrgreen:

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:32 pm

I would love that elimination order, but seems unlikely, mostly because the DB heroes trailer, as Ki Breaker has pointed out.

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:43 pm

I guess we'll see. Tien being next won't be surprising as most of us are predicting him or Roshi are next but if Vegeta really is the third out then it's almost certain.
I personally would like the order of eliminations to be a complete surprise. I didn't expect to see Krillin go out first, so at least they did that well. As much as I love Vegeta I wouldn't mind him going out early as I want it to be completely unexpected. I wouldn't mind if all the stronger fighters go out first and we just have Roshi standing for Universe 7. Not that that would ever happen. :lol:
Even though most of us suspect that how strong the fighters are determines their order of eliminations at least somewhat it really wouldn't have to be that way. Even though Roshi is much weaker than Vegeta he could easily outlast him in the tournament because he faces someone better than him later. For example Roshi is stuck beating some fodder while Vegeta gets Jiren from the start.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:16 pm

To be honest Roshi making it 4th to last wouldn't be surprising. He's literally standing next to Gohan the entire time, so as long as Gohan acts as his personal bodyguard it's understandable how he makes it this far. Roshi might very well be the smartest one in the tournament, he won't leave Gohan's side because he knows he'll block any attacks coming toward them.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:27 pm

precita wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Please no more Gohan. Why didnt you just end him in ROF Frieza you jerk. Ill be sad if he lasts.
People wanted to see Gohan back in action for years. His character is built up to a return to form in this tournament. Just because you have a bizarre dislike to him doesn't mean literally millions of other people aren't interesting in seeing him fight.
I dont really care what other people want when I'm watching fwiw. Not that they dont matter but what they want in no way impacts my likes or dislikes.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:29 pm

sintzu wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:He disgusts me as a person.
You have it good if an animated drawing is what disgusts you.
Show me where I said hes my biggest life problem. Whast a literally retarded reply.

Snakeway Skywalker
Beyond Newbie

Post by Snakeway Skywalker » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:33 pm

That would be pretty in the spirit of this show to have a moment when we're like 20 episodes into this arc, and Roshi's just standing around like "Wait. What am I still doing here? How did I last this long?"

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:36 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
precita wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Please no more Gohan. Why didnt you just end him in ROF Frieza you jerk. Ill be sad if he lasts.
People wanted to see Gohan back in action for years. His character is built up to a return to form in this tournament. Just because you have a bizarre dislike to him doesn't mean literally millions of other people aren't interesting in seeing him fight.
I dont really care what other people want when I'm watching fwiw. Not that they dont matter but what they want in no way impacts my likes or dislikes.
Well if you don't like Gohan that's not a problem for everyone else. He's an important character and he should get a big role in this tournament.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:40 pm

While its possible its just an ending people lets wait and see what happens first also just because heroes has goku jiren,and frieza as the last three people doesn't mean its going to happen :lol:

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:41 pm

I really hope that it is not that way. Also, i'll be really pissed if Gohan isn't taken out before Vegeta

Also, i'll be more bothered if by some way Gohan gets another unexplainable asspull than if Caulifla goes SSB, lol

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Kanious wrote:I really hope that it is not that way. Also, i'll be really pissed if Gohan isn't taken out before Vegeta

Also, i'll be more bothered if by some way Gohan gets another unexplainable asspull than if Caulifla goes SSB, lol

Gohan will not be taken out anytime soon. I can't understand why people would expect this given the whole narrative of this arc has portrayed him as important and powerful.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:45 pm

precita wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
precita wrote:
Well if you don't like Gohan that's not a problem for everyone else. He's an important character and he should get a big role in this tournament.
So I'm not allowed to voice my opinion? Kay Mr. Trump.

I'm allowed to not want him as much as I want. I hated him in the Cell games too but hey it happened. Still hated him.

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:54 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Vegeta would lose to Brianne(if she is really Jirens counterpart).
I never thought about it in your way. I found it silly to have some power PUFF GIRL to knock Prince of all. Jiren's counterpart is actually something. Similar to Khalifa being Goku's counter part.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Can someone explain to me why Vegeta losing to Ribrianne is such a big deal? Is it because she's a woman? She's fat? Her design?

In the NEP, Vegeta's on a knee, with Cabba getting ready to engage him. It's very possible that by the time he fights Ribrianne he's gassed. The opening showed him trading punches with Ribrianne all of two seconds. We don't know who's going to have the edge or if she's strong enough to push him to blue.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:22 pm

aravinthan wrote:
I never thought about it in your way. I found it silly to have some power PUFF GIRL to knock Prince of all. Jiren's counterpart is actually something. Similar to Khalifa being Goku's counter part.
Brianne is supposed to be a fighter to look forward and she is supposed to be stronger than Cabba(who put Vegeta on the ground after he got stomped by Kale.)

TysonWine wrote:Can someone explain to me why Vegeta losing to Ribrianne is such a big deal? Is it because she's a woman? She's fat? Her design?

In the NEP, Vegeta's on a knee, with Cabba getting ready to engage him. It's very possible that by the time he fights Ribrianne he's gassed. The opening showed him trading punches with Ribrianne all of two seconds. We don't know who's going to have the edge or if she's strong enough to push him to blue.
Brianne is one of the fighters to watch out( VJump mentioned it), if they are going all out with the whole Magic Girl gimmick, they could be very OP(Sailor Moon had ridiculous amounts of powerups due to the power of friendship and love).

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:52 pm

People can we wait and see cause you guys acting like its guaranteed to happened