The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Post by precita » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:56 pm

TysonWine wrote:Can someone explain to me why Vegeta losing to Ribrianne is such a big deal? Is it because she's a woman? She's fat? Her design?e.
It's entirely because of her design. The idea of Vegeta losing to a "female fat ass bitch" who looks like a teletubby has some people crazed, even though that's exactly what's going to happen. It's hard to believe anyone can be a fan of Dragonball and not realize that design doesn't matter. Fat Buu was the most feared creature in the universe and when he first appeared he was a fat piece of bubblegum with the mind of an infant and took everyone by surprise.

And that's exactly why Vegeta's loss to her is probably likely. It's the perfect thing Toriyama would do, it makes sense why Vegeta was so low-key and is getting lots of wins early on, and it paves the way for the other main characters to get focus instead, which was one of the points of this arc. Vegeta being benched early all makes perfect sense.

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:24 pm

Vegeta was defeated by a bitch in the Cell arc, then by a fat ass in the Buu arc. Now he will be defeated by a fat ass bitch in the top arc, full circle.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:30 pm

MR.Mark wrote:Vegeta was defeated by a bitch in the Cell arc, then by a fat ass in the Buu arc. Now he will be defeated by a fat ass bitch in the top arc, full circle.
Not even guaranteed to happen dude

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:31 pm

precita wrote:
TysonWine wrote:Can someone explain to me why Vegeta losing to Ribrianne is such a big deal? Is it because she's a woman? She's fat? Her design?e.
It's entirely because of her design. The idea of Vegeta losing to a "female fat ass bitch" who looks like a teletubby has some people crazed, even though that's exactly what's going to happen. It's hard to believe anyone can be a fan of Dragonball and not realize that design doesn't matter. Fat Buu was the most feared creature in the universe and when he first appeared he was a fat piece of bubblegum with the mind of an infant and took everyone by surprise.

And that's exactly why Vegeta's loss to her is probably likely. It's the perfect thing Toriyama would do, it makes sense why Vegeta was so low-key and is getting lots of wins early on, and it paves the way for the other main characters to get focus instead, which was one of the points of this arc. Vegeta being benched early all makes perfect sense.
Nothing points to vegeta being eliminated early sure it's possible but nothing guaranteed at this point outside of goku vs jiren even that one could have a twist.

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:46 pm

pacz360 wrote:
MR.Mark wrote:Vegeta was defeated by a bitch in the Cell arc, then by a fat ass in the Buu arc. Now he will be defeated by a fat ass bitch in the top arc, full circle.
Not even guaranteed to happen dude
Well shit dreams shattered, damn you Super.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:50 pm

I was thinking the same thing with the ending, but Vegeta doesn't seem likelythis early in the tournament, maybe more half way.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:09 pm

In all honesty what is there for Vegeta in this tournament? We already saw him fight alongside Goku and wiped out Universe 9. We saw him fight Botamo/Magnetta a little bit. We'll definitely see him have some sort of interaction with Caulifa/Kale/Cabba in the next episodes, and then we know he's going to fight the fat woman.

I think people expecting some sort of Vegeta/Hit fight is basically "hopes" rather than anything expected to happen. Other than that, there's nothing else story wise for Vegeta here. Even he and Freeza barely acknowledge each other now that they're bother around the same time. Vegeta getting knocked out before the others also doesn't imply he's weaker, just that he got unlucky enough to go against a really strong fighter.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:16 pm

NO! I won't accept Vegeta going out before the likes of Tien, Roshi, Piccolo and 18. That's unforgivable.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:19 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:NO! I won't accept Vegeta going out before the likes of Tien, Roshi, Piccolo and 18. That's unforgivable.
He would go out after Tenshinhan, but before the Androids, Piccolo and Roshi.

Vegeta got plenty of screentime in Super, this tournament was clearly designed for the supporting cast to get more screentime.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:30 pm

Vegeta's lack of presence in this arc makes me think they'll KO him early. Comparing him here to any other arc so far and it feels like there's very little planned for him this time around.

Or maybe I'm wrong and it's another bait and switch like Krillin turned out to be. Toei was all "KrillinKrillinKrillin! He sounds like Luffy! The kids love Luffy. Let's use him lots." while the outline was all "What? No, Krillin's the first one on Team 7 to get rung out."

Maybe the current producer doesn't like Vegeta, but Vegeta has to stay in because of some plot beat in the outline. I don't know.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:46 pm

precita wrote:In all honesty what is there for Vegeta in this tournament? We already saw him fight alongside Goku and wiped out Universe 9. We saw him fight Botamo/Magnetta a little bit. We'll definitely see him have some sort of interaction with Caulifa/Kale/Cabba in the next episodes, and then we know he's going to fight the fat woman.

I think people expecting some sort of Vegeta/Hit fight is basically "hopes" rather than anything expected to happen. Other than that, there's nothing else story wise for Vegeta here. Even he and Freeza barely acknowledge each other now that they're bother around the same time. Vegeta getting knocked out before the others also doesn't imply he's weaker, just that he got unlucky enough to go against a really strong fighter.
The dude is fighting for his wife and newly born child
Seriously guys stop acting like vegeta being taken out early is a given just because he wasn't there much at the start of the arc he didn't do much in the beginning of the FT ARC until he came into the past

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:00 am

I would like it a lot if this was the order. Because Gohan lasting that long would be awesome. And some shockers like Vegeta getting eliminated that early would be nice to see.

I also found it kind of weird that Gohan hops out of nowhere to join Goku. And Goku is all beaten up while Gohan is not. Maybe Gohan will be eliminated unfairly and brought back after a cheater is exposed.

The DBH trailer is also very interesting now that I went and watched it. Frieza definitely has the power to last that long. Very interested to see how far Frieza can go
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:53 am

Snakeway Skywalker wrote:Roshi lasting that long in the tournament would be a hilarious and unexpected treat. If Vegeta is going out this early (#3), I just expect it to be a worthy defeat at the hands of Hit or someone nearly as powerful.

And if Gohan & Goku were the remaining two, maybe the winners of the tournament, that would finally appease all those who have been disappointed in Gohan since the beginning of the Buu arc. As the last fight of the TOP, a Goku-Gohan fusion versus Jiren would be SWEEEEET!! :mrgreen:
I don't see fusion happening at all tbh.

Though Precita needs to stop talking like this is already confirmed? The chance exists but it's far from being definite at this point.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:16 am

Jigurashi wrote: Though Precita needs to stop talking like this is already confirmed? The chance exists but it's far from being definite at this point.
As I said, if Tenshinhan gets knocked out next, it's a strong possibility, and then if Vegeta really does get knocked out third, then it's pretty likely. Hopefully we find out soon enough.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:09 am

precita wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: Though Precita needs to stop talking like this is already confirmed? The chance exists but it's far from being definite at this point.
As I said, if Tenshinhan gets knocked out next, it's a strong possibility, and then if Vegeta really does get knocked out third, then it's pretty likely. Hopefully we find out soon enough.
That's the thing, Ten going next wouldn't make it a strong possibility since Ten going early as the second of U7 eliminated wouldn't be all that shocking. If Ten goes next then Vegeta goes after, then yeah, I'll start to believe it, by there's no reason to believe it at the moment unless Vegeta really goes third.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:25 am

precita wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:NO! I won't accept Vegeta going out before the likes of Tien, Roshi, Piccolo and 18. That's unforgivable.
He would go out after Tenshinhan, but before the Androids, Piccolo and Roshi.

Vegeta got plenty of screentime in Super, this tournament was clearly designed for the supporting cast to get more screentime.
Well, at least not before claiming his revenge by kicking Hit's ass. He deserves that before he cam "go out." And job to Jiren.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:38 am

If Vegeta gets eliminated so soon, it will be good for the plot. U7 will panick because Vegeta is almost as strong as Goku and even if Freeza is around, everyone from U7 will get nervous.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:54 am

MR.Mark wrote:Vegeta was defeated by a bitch in the Cell arc,

then by a fat ass in the Buu arc.
So was everyone else.

So was Gohan and Gotenks.
precita wrote:Vegeta losing to a "female fat ass bitch" is exactly what's going to happen.
It seems more like wishful thinking on your part than anything else.
precita wrote:People expecting some sort of Vegeta/Hit fight is basically "hopes" rather than anything expected to happen.
Isn't this what you're doing ?
He won't, he'll last till the end then when the next arc is announced the same people who said he'd be taken out early in this arc and the last 2 will be saying it again about the new one.
precita wrote:Vegeta got plenty of screentime in Super.
Not as much as he did in the manga (thank you Black arc :mrgreen: ).
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:14 am

Doubt they would foreshadow something like that in the ED, the same ED had Goku,Vegeta and Gohan as the 3 main dudes charging in, and you expect us to believe this time Vegeta's the 3rd one to go out? nope not happening, unless all of them gets kicked out in the same episode because they decided to attack Jiren all together.

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:44 am

perucho1990 wrote:
aravinthan wrote:
I never thought about it in your way. I found it silly to have some power PUFF GIRL to knock Prince of all. Jiren's counterpart is actually something. Similar to Khalifa being Goku's counter part.
Brianne is supposed to be a fighter to look forward and she is supposed to be stronger than Cabba(who put Vegeta on the ground after he got stomped by Kale.)

TysonWine wrote:Can someone explain to me why Vegeta losing to Ribrianne is such a big deal? Is it because she's a woman? She's fat? Her design?

In the NEP, Vegeta's on a knee, with Cabba getting ready to engage him. It's very possible that by the time he fights Ribrianne he's gassed. The opening showed him trading punches with Ribrianne all of two seconds. We don't know who's going to have the edge or if she's strong enough to push him to blue.
Brianne is one of the fighters to watch out( VJump mentioned it), if they are going all out with the whole Magic Girl gimmick, they could be very OP(Sailor Moon had ridiculous amounts of powerups due to the power of friendship and love).
It is not because of her gender or design. It is because of the Power of Friendship, Live, blah, blah.... Things. It makes me feel like universe 2 is the only universe with love and friendship. How can tht powerups be left unrecognised by other universes. Afterall we already had great knowledge about ki blasts, which is used by all the universes and gods