Toshio DBS writer ranks fighters. Bombshells?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulianStyles
Banned

Toshio DBS writer ranks fighters. Bombshells?

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:00 am

Gohan=17

http://i.imgur.com/Oy8a7yfl.jpg

Krillin and Tien hard to rank? Time is ever flowing? Lets see them fight!

http://i.imgur.com/mg6s7Rz.png

Basako
Advanced Regular

Re: Toshio DBS writer ranks fighters. Bombshells?

Post by Basako » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:21 am

Gohan ultimate was stronger than Goku SS3, that's why he had to go blue against him, there's no SSG in the anime. So the same would go for 17. I wouldn't say any of them is in god level yet, but we'll see.

Ten and Krilin, well, I do think the debate is open again, waiting to see what happens in the tournament. But I don't think it will be solved, he says it would be cool to see them fight, which I agree 100%, but not that it's going to happen.

Edit: Hey, Frost > Piccolo too, Frost must have really improved.
Last edited by Basako on Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heno heno kappa!

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:31 am

Basako wrote:Gohan ultimate was stronger than Goku SS3, that's why he had to go blue against him, there's no SSG in the anime. So the same would go for 17. I wouldn't say any of them is in god level yet, but we'll see.

Ten and Krilin, well, I do think the debate is open again, waiting to see what happens in the tournament. But I don't think it will be solved, he says it would be cool to see them fight, which I agree 100%, but not that it's going to happen.
Goku had to use Kaioken against Gohan. Based on his View 17 and Gohan are= to max SSB without Kaioken.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:35 am

JulianStyles wrote: Goku had to use Kaioken against Gohan. Based on his View 17 and Gohan are= to max SSB without Kaioken.
I'm not so sure, Gohan asked him to go all in, so he did. Maybe they are, but I need more evidence. It's kind of a joke now, but I really think Goku was holding back, like Beerus held back against him when they fought. I think everyone can agree Goku is not equal Beerus in SSG, not even in SSB.
Heno heno kappa!

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:47 am

Basako wrote:
JulianStyles wrote: Goku had to use Kaioken against Gohan. Based on his View 17 and Gohan are= to max SSB without Kaioken.
I'm not so sure, Gohan asked him to go all in, so he did. Maybe they are, but I need more evidence. It's kind of a joke now, but I really think Goku was holding back, like Beerus held back against him when they fought. I think everyone can agree Goku is not equal Beerus in SSG, not even in SSB.
Think BOG battle has been retconed. They showed that people that strong cant fight or the universe would be destroyed. Yet we had Goku vs Golden Freeza and the Zamasu arc. I think in the movie it was stated Beerus was using 70% of his strength. Yet Goku achieved a higher form then trained 3 years in the time chamber. He hasnt made up that gap yet?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:50 am

He did another post not long ago where he said the ranking of the U7 fighters went

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Frieza
4. Gohan
5. Android 17

https://mobile.twitter.com/toshio916/st ... 3803228160

And then there rest he said he couldn't rank. Sounds about right I guess.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:57 am

Bullza wrote:He did another post not long ago where he said the ranking of the U7 fighters went

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Frieza
4. Gohan
5. Android 17

That either mean 18 and Piccolo are right next and so are the humans or all 5 of them are within spitting distance of each other.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:58 am

JulianStyles wrote: Think BOG battle has been retconed. They showed that people that strong cant fight or the universe would be destroyed. Yet we had Goku vs Golden Freeza and the Zamasu arc. I think in the movie it was stated Beerus was using 70% of his strength. Yet Goku achieved a higher form then trained 3 years in the time chamber. He hasnt made up that gap yet?
I wasn't talking about the movie, but it would be the same for this matter. No, I don't think Goku has made the gap yet, I didn't think anybody believed that either, you surprissed me. I know the manga is separated, but Vegetto in blue is the only one close to Beerus in there and we know how fusions multiply power. Well, I don't know what the movie said, but numbers and percentages usually bring problems and, you said it yourself, the movies were retconed.
Heno heno kappa!

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:01 am

Hopefully no one gets the idea to bother Toshio with annoying questions.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:02 am

Beyond wrote:
Bullza wrote:He did another post not long ago where he said the ranking of the U7 fighters went

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Frieza
4. Gohan
5. Android 17

That either mean 18 and Piccolo are right next and so are the humans or all 5 of them are within spitting distance of each other.
Last episode Krillin didnt seem that far off from 18. Also remeber in BOG Piccolo,18 and Tien look to be attacking Beerus equally. And equally took the same damage. Neither were more hurt than the other. I've always said 18 hasnt trained much.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:15 am

They can't be that close together. Piccolo gave Super Saiyan 2 Gohan a run for his money whereas Krillin admitted that Base Gohan was stronger than him and he only won by catching him off guard (or something like that).

Krillin is supposed to be stronger than Tien too. Roshi is probably weaker than both because that Toshio made a tweet about he was powered up by sorcery in answer to why he beat Tien.

Maybe the humans could be close together but Piccolo should be considerably more powerful.

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Frieza
4. Gohan
5. Android 17
6. Piccolo
7. Android 18
8. Krillin
9. Tien
10. Roshi

That should be the order from everything that we know and have been told.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:21 am

Bullza wrote:They can't be that close together. Piccolo gave Super Saiyan 2 Gohan a run for his money whereas Krillin admitted that Base Gohan was stronger than him and he only won by catching him off guard (or something like that).

Krillin is supposed to be stronger than Tien too. Roshi is probably weaker than both because that Toshio made a tweet about he was powered up by sorcery in answer to why he beat Tien.

Maybe the humans could be close together but Piccolo should be considerably more powerful.

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Frieza
4. Gohan
5. Android 17
6. Piccolo
7. Android 18
8. Krillin
9. Tien
10. Roshi

That should be the order from everything that we know and have been told.
Yeah, I agree, Piccolo is number six without a doubt. The rest, I agree too, the gap is smaller with some, but I would rank it like this too.
Heno heno kappa!

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:38 am

Someone should ask him how strong is Hitto. Since people around here think he will become fodder very soon.

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:11 am

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:20 am

Beyond wrote:Hopefully no one gets the idea to bother Toshio with annoying questions.
That's already happened so many times, unfortunately. Some users have even childishly insulted him for the whole 17 thing. To be honest, I think it's amazing that he puts up with this stuff.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:36 am

He does put "This is my personal view" though.

To be fair with no set guidelines this is probably why the power levels occasionally seem a little erratic.

I do agree though: a fight between Krillin and Tien would be really cool to see.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:55 am

You may wish to bring these "bombshells"(?) to the existing, on-going strength discussion thread (where it's apparently already being discussed anyway). "One of the writers relayed a personal viewpoint on Twitter" isn't really worth its own thread.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::