Toshio DBS writer states Tien is an Alien

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: Toshio DBS writer states Tien is an Alien

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:43 am

JulianStyles wrote:
Animelover5487 wrote:Yeah, no. I take these writer opinions with a grain of salt, the stuff they have said is directly contradicted by the source material. For example, one of the writers said Roshi was powered up by the witchcraft even though Goku confirmed in the episode that it was all Roshi's power from secret training he's been doing. One of the writers said that Goku turned Super Saiyan Blue against 17 to motivate him, even though Goku flat out stated that he didn't think he would have to use that form.
Your statement is a contradiction. The dialog written in episode 89 is a different writer than one for the previous or next episode. So its not source material. Its each writer clashing. A few episodes later went back to not flying. While in 89 that was one of his abilities. So the show is contradicting itself. And the Goku going Blue to test someone was more directed at when Goku went Blue against Krillin not 17.
Thank you for FINALLY proving our point. The writers clash...they dont know shit more than the basics they need.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:51 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: No it doesn't. This info isn't new in the slightest, and Tien is still considered an Earthling.
Did you read the tweet? He puts Tenshinhan outside of the Earthling category whether you like it or not.
No, he says the same thing that was stated in supplemental material years ago.
Toriyama considers Tenshinhan in the Earthling group at the end of the day, whether he or you likes it or not
Tien wasn't qualified as an Earthling and so therefore Krillin was the strongest Earthling, that's what he said which could very well imply that he thought Tenshinhan was possibly the stronger of the two. You must be blind read his tweet again.
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:
Animelover5487 wrote:Yeah, no. I take these writer opinions with a grain of salt, the stuff they have said is directly contradicted by the source material. For example, one of the writers said Roshi was powered up by the witchcraft even though Goku confirmed in the episode that it was all Roshi's power from secret training he's been doing. One of the writers said that Goku turned Super Saiyan Blue against 17 to motivate him, even though Goku flat out stated that he didn't think he would have to use that form.
Your statement is a contradiction. The dialog written in episode 89 is a different writer than one for the previous or next episode. So its not source material. Its each writer clashing. A few episodes later went back to not flying. While in 89 that was one of his abilities. So the show is contradicting itself. And the Goku going Blue to test someone was more directed at when Goku went Blue against Krillin not 17.
Thank you for FINALLY proving our point. The writers clash...they dont know shit more than the basics they need.
Since he is involved in the project, he must know more than you.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:55 am

Shinda Forever wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: Did you read the tweet? He puts Tenshinhan outside of the Earthling category whether you like it or not.
No, he says the same thing that was stated in supplemental material years ago.
Toriyama considers Tenshinhan in the Earthling group at the end of the day, whether he or you likes it or not
Tien wasn't qualified as an Earthling and so therefore Krillin was the strongest Earthling, that's what he said which could very well imply that he thought Tenshinhan was possibly the stronger of the two. You must be blind read his tweet again.
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:
Since he is involved in the project, he must know more than you.
By that logic noone can have an opinion on anything.

Fwiw id bet my life 90% of dedicated fans know way more about DB than him.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:18 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:I don't see what this brings to the table. He's stating the same thing that's recycled over and over: that Tenshinhan is descended from aliens, and in a "general view" (whatever that means to him in his original Japanese intent), Kuririn is the "most powerful Earthling".

None of this is new, there is nothing being "informed" to the "community" here, and it's is just another example of someone pestering this poor writer on Twitter with inane strength questions and it baffles me just how exceedingly polite he is in the face of it. He's a better person than I am.

This is very transparently just another excuse for you to post yet another "Tenshinhan vs. Kuririn" thread. We truly do get it. I promise you. And you know that it isn't worth its own thread, since you separately (more-appropriately) posted it in the strength thread.

Please re-evaluate what it is you're looking to accomplish in your time here.
You don't know what this brings to the table? It brings the new fact that Tenshinhan is not considered an earthling like Krillin, therefore, the argument Kuririn is stronger than Tenshinhan, because, he is the strongest Earthling doesn't count anymore.
No it doesn't. This info isn't new in the slightest, and Tien is still considered an Earthling.
And unless it comes from Toriyama it's no new information.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:24 pm

Toriyama is pushing 70 and had been unreliable when it comes to his own work. Hes passing reigns over to Toyotaro. So wr have to get out information where we can.

Also the issue is so open for interpretation that I think we need to pay attention to how they are portrayed.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:39 pm

Supposedly Tenshinhan's Shiyoken ability is an hereditary trait seen only in his species, kind of like Piccolo's ability to elongate his appendages or the Saiyans with their zenkais and transformations. Unlike those aforementioned species, however, Tenshinhan's racial individualism wasn't witnessed in the series all too often. Is his three-sighted multidexterity even mentioned after the 22nd tournament? Such traits would prove invaluable in a fight and yet nothing ever comes of them despite having already been established back in the middle of the original series.

Krillin's underhanded craftiness would really be put to the test against Tenshinhan if their power levels were equally matched and if he actually made use of his species' attributes.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:53 pm

JulianStyles wrote:Toriyama is pushing 70 and had been unreliable when it comes to his own work. Hes passing reigns over to Toyotaro. So wr have to get out information where we can.

Also the issue is so open for interpretation that I think we need to pay attention to how they are portrayed.
If 62 is pushing 70 you might as well say he's pushing 80 too. It really doesn't mean anything either way; you're trying to imply he's becoming feeble minded because he's old, as if that's a matter of course. You know how many people over 70 I could sit here listing that could put both our wits to shame?

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:14 pm

Simere wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:Toriyama is pushing 70 and had been unreliable when it comes to his own work. Hes passing reigns over to Toyotaro. So wr have to get out information where we can.

If 62 is pushing 70 you might as well say he's pushing 80 too. It really doesn't mean anything either way; you're trying to imply he's becoming feeble minded because he's old, as if that's a matter of course. You know how many people over 70 I could sit here listing that could put both our wits to shame?
Yet Toriyama has said he terribly forget multiple times over for 20+ years.
Lionel wrote:Supposedly Tenshinhan's Shiyoken ability is an hereditary trait seen only in his species, kind of like Piccolo's ability to elongate his appendages or the Saiyans with their zenkais and transformations. Unlike those aforementioned species, however, Tenshinhan's racial individualism wasn't witnessed in the series all too often. Is his three-sighted multidexterity even mentioned after the 22nd tournament? Such traits would prove invaluable in a fight and yet nothing ever comes of them despite having already been established back in the middle of the original series.

Krillin's underhanded craftiness would really be put to the test against Tenshinhan if their power levels were equally matched and if he actually made use of his species' attributes.
Yea his four witches and multiform are traits of his race. Piccolo using multiform never happened in the manga.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:29 pm

[spoiler]Is he referring to Jiren?

If Tien and Jiren are related, that's an angle that could be explored in the future: rivals, family, etc.[/spoiler]
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:45 pm

And unless it comes from Toriyama it's no new information.
By that logic every single line that is in the show but not part of the bullet point list is not new information. Which is not the case.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:48 pm

Yeah and Goku's dad was really Charlton Heston.

SJ158

Post by SJ158 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:36 pm

He is unreliable only when it is convenient, same for the contrary. Great.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:39 pm

He is only 62, he is not close to reaching 70 for a long time.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/