Champa, Super Dragon Balls and U6 namekians

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

Champa, Super Dragon Balls and U6 namekians

Post by Kishido » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:13 am

Someone has to help me out

First question... Before the tournament was settled why was Champa even searching for the Super DBs?

And now a bit more detailed... Champa also knew about namekians and Dragon Balls... So why going for the Super DBs? Why not going for U6 Namekians for a wish? Or a U6 namekians without DragonBalls? If yes... What will be the main difference between the namekians. Maybe they are more warrior types instead of dragon ones and they never went crating DBs

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Champa, Super Dragon Balls and U6 namekians

Post by omaro34 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:06 am

The Namekians in general have been highly neglected in Super. Outside of Piccolo and Dende we haven't seen a single Namekian in 100 episodes now. And its not like the Namekians we know make a big difference.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Champa, Super Dragon Balls and U6 namekians

Post by Lionel » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:40 am

Could Champa's lack of consultation with his universe's iteration of the Namekians be a result of him not knowing their whereabouts? The universe is a vast expanse of endless planets, stars and galaxies. Goodness knows how far-flung a lone planet such as U6 Namek might be. As an alternative theory, it's also possible that they may not have forged Dragon Balls, as you said -- whether this is attributable to them not extracting portions of the original primordial Dragon Ball or them not having the technical know-how for doing so is up in the air.

I do hope we'll experience some Namekians in this tournament. Like Omaro said, the Namekians have scarcely been observed since Super began. The only occasion where they were in the limelight had to do with Shenron explaining the origins of Super Saiyan God in the Namekian Book of Legends; a little factoid which the studio hasn't seized or expanded upon at all. Maybe someone should remind them of its existence. Better yet, if by some fateful alignment of the stars Piccolo happens to come across multiversal Namekians, maybe he could fuse with them under the pretext of not wanting to be erased by Zeno along with their universe or something. It could be a huge opportunity for Piccolo to acquire a much needed power increase. He may not rival SSJB Goku or Vegeta, but if the merger can provide him with enough power to at least surpass Frost and reclaim his lead over the normal Super Saiyans then that would be a good start.