Happy 100th episode Super!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Happy 100th episode Super!

Post by simtek34 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:02 pm

Well, in my opinion, Dragon Ball Super is truly only at Episode 73. 27 Episodes of crappy retellings (But Good Filler) really doesn't cut it for me.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:51 pm

simtek34 wrote:Well, in my opinion, Dragon Ball Super is truly only at Episode 73. 27 Episodes of crappy retellings (But Good Filler) really doesn't cut it for me.
There was new slice of life episodes in the first 27. The first two episodes, then I think it was episodes 15-18 I believe, were also all new material. So even if you don't count the movie re-tellings at least 5 or so episodes were new in that time.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:01 pm

precita wrote:
simtek34 wrote:Well, in my opinion, Dragon Ball Super is truly only at Episode 73. 27 Episodes of crappy retellings (But Good Filler) really doesn't cut it for me.
There was new slice of life episodes in the first 27. The first two episodes, then I think it was episodes 15-18 I believe, were also all new material. So even if you don't count the movie re-tellings at least 5 or so episodes were new in that time.
I know. I pointed out "But Good Filler". So Episodes 1-2 and Episodes 15-18... that Makes Super TRULY (In My Opinion) at Episode 79 Starting Tonight.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:17 pm

100 episodes!!! For all the haters that have been trashing DBS every week that number must be a nightmare. :lol:

-About Nozawa's comment-

700 episodes of Dragon Ball Super?! Damn, she's ambitious! :P
The fact she receives messages almost daily at her house and it's often told by fans in the street how good Super is, it's just another testament to DBS huge success.

God bless this Woman! Lets go for another ride!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:34 pm

precita wrote:
Basako wrote: As homege, a view back on what was happening in DB and DBZ in episodes 100:

DB: Goku and Tenshinhan were fighting the final of the 22nd martial art tournament. Tenshinhan used the Kikoho for the first time and totally demolished the arena.

DBZ: Goku was fighting against Freeza in Namek, already in SS form and the tyrant in his final bulked form. In Earth Mr Popo made his wish, all those killed by Freeza and his army were revived.
Man...it weirdly feels like so much more happened in both Dragonball and DBZ by the 100th episode in than Super. I'm not sure why, but given all the characters/plots/stories they did back then it feel like it all happened faster...even if Super's arcs are shorter.
I feel somewhat the same but I think it's because of those movie retellings in my case.
Basically we'd already seen a chunk of Super before Super had officially started. As a result I sometimes forget we've had more than three arcs in total.

Still, as it's the 100th episode, I'm just thinking back on my favourite episodes of Super.
That baseball episode still gets me cracking up, and the filler episodes starring Krillin and Gohan getting back in the game are some of my favourites. What about that time Pan got a whole episode focused on her, or when Beerus had to wear a ridiculous Monaka outfit? Even Chiaoutzu got the chance to do something in that episode!

What about you guys?
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:59 pm

What a mediocre/so-so milestone, half of the episode was just Broly wanking and "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!", "SON GOKU!".

Well, I can't complain that much due to Super Saiyan 2 appearance and Jiren performing a technique that I don't think Heroes knew he would do in the anime. So I'd say Toei took it from the game, which was great! :clap: But other than these two things, damn man, for a 100th episode nowadays, it was "meh" and annoying. :|
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:09 pm

The 100th episode of Super will now always be remembered as "The female Broly" episode.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:32 pm

Happy 100 episode dbs,from such an average I'm surprised it made to 100 episode even piccolo Japanese va was amazed by this but holy hell,episode 100 was garbage and I will explain why once the thread is unlocked
Mostly active on discord.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:33 pm

They wanked the living hell out of Fem Broly in the 100th episode... I'm scared with what they might do the next time.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:35 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:They wanked the living hell out of Fem Broly in the 100th episode... I'm scared with what they might do the next time.
The 200th episode will feature the triumphant return of Garlic Jr, where he will re-open the Dead Zone for the third time!

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:38 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:They wanked the living hell out of Fem Broly in the 100th episode... I'm scared with what they might do the next time.
They won't do it again in gonna puke if I see that again,i much rather see an about episode god tube or mojito than kale and the lame saiyans of planet sandal because all them will have the tingly back bs
Last edited by The gr on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly active on discord.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:06 am

Akyon wrote: Still, as it's the 100th episode, I'm just thinking back on my favourite episodes of Super.
That baseball episode still gets me cracking up, and the filler episodes starring Krillin and Gohan getting back in the game are some of my favourites. What about that time Pan got a whole episode focused on her, or when Beerus had to wear a ridiculous Monaka outfit? Even Chiaoutzu got the chance to do something in that episode!

What about you guys?
I agree in the baseball episode, that was a high point. The joke episode of Ulon and Beerus 'fight' was cool too, I rewatched it dubbed. The fights of Boo and Gohan against the wolfs, not Goku's. Unfortunately, I don't remember the series well enough, can't say much. Moments here and there.
Heno heno kappa!