I miss Roh....

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

I miss Roh....

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:44 pm

Call me crazy but while I though he was a total prick....I found him interesting in an inverted way. All the other kaioshin are either very up tight or goofy, normally a blend of both, but Roh's dickishness made him really stand out from the others.

I find myself missing him.

Edit: Hell I even miss him and Sidra's inverted relationship compared to the other gods.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: I miss Roh....

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:49 pm

He was my favourite Kai. I hope that he got to snort more cocaine in his final moments...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:49 pm

He was one of the only Kaioshin with a personality. Even if that personality mostly involved being an asshole. All the others are currently just the same shade of smug.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:04 pm

Kanassa wrote:He was my favourite Kai. I hope that he got to snort more cocaine in his final moments...
he already gave his drugs to basil,I also like roh or rou,his voice is good and his personality is just hilarious,he was on fire with episode 98 and I do like he care for the dangerous trio
Mostly active on discord.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:37 pm

Boo Machine wrote:He was one of the only Kaioshin with a personality. Even if that personality mostly involved being an asshole. All the others are currently just the same shade of smug.
This. He had a lot of personality and he was very fun to watch. Legit felt bad when he pleaded for his and U9's life before being erased. Roh has definitely become one of my favorite characters. He's an asshole and he knows it. Despite that, even he has standards. He didn't want Freeza with U9, cause this guy was downright evil, atrocious.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:51 am

Heck despite being a complete dick, he showed to have some sense of morality, he didn't fully accept Freeza's offer because he thought not only it was against the rules but not morally right to betray one's own universe. One could argue if he had more time he probably would have but the moment of hesitation showed me he has some sense of duty to his universe.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:31 pm

GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:Heck despite being a complete dick, he showed to have some sense of morality, he didn't fully accept Freeza's offer because he thought not only it was against the rules but not morally right to betray one's own universe. One could argue if he had more time he probably would have but the moment of hesitation showed me he has some sense of duty to his universe.
Yeah, man. He should have accepted Freeza's offer when he had the chance! :lol: :lol:

He is a dick, but this kind of characters are cool to have in DB too. I hope he is brought back, with the rest.
Heno heno kappa!

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:40 pm

To be honest, Roh-sama may be a power hungry, drunken narcissistic loudmouth of a Kaioshin, but that's what makes him entertaining in the first place. It's especially becomes even more hilariously entertaining when he relentlessly continues his incessant shit talking attitude towards other universes despite being the lowest of the totem pole and knowing that Goku has reached the realms of the gods which is superior to all members of his Universe 9.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:50 pm

Really?
Roh is pretty much a dick without anything to back him up.. can't say I miss him, but keeping him around wouldn't have hurt I guess..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:52 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Really?
Roh is pretty much a dick without anything to back him up.. can't say I miss him, but keeping him around wouldn't have hurt I guess..
Well he do have some redeeming traits like him not accepting freeza to join his team and he really care for the trio,just look at the exhibition matches and episode 97 especially basil because he gave him the drugs :lol:
Last edited by The gr on Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:52 pm

It's because he was one of the only new Kai's with a personality, the rest are just blank slates or just designs at this point.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:57 pm

The gr wrote:
Well he do have some redeeming traits like him not accepting freeza to join his team and he really care for the trio,just look at the exhibition matches and episode 97 especially basil because he gave him the drugs :lol:
A god who gives you drugs can't possibly be anything less than absolute dic-AWESOMENESS, I said awesomeness!
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:03 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: A god who gives you drugs can't possibly be anything less than absolute dic-AWESOMENESS, i said awesomeness
And thats why their best friend like how lavender and hop since both them are maniacs and Roh and basil because their drug addicts,truly the best ship
precita wrote:
It's because he was one of the only new Kai's with a personality, the rest are just blank slates or just designs at this point.
agreed,hell I can't remember the name of some of them

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:09 pm

The gr wrote:agreed,hell I can't remember the name of some of them
Soo.. him being shitty and others being neutral is what makes him worth remembering..
Odd but I can see how that would work

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:13 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Soo.. him being shitty and others being neutral is what makes him worth remembering..
Like shin,hes terrible at his job but I can't help to like him even then I also like gowasu and he look like a competent kaioshin,I do hope EA and the u4 gets some screen time because their design are good and they have potential to have fun personality
Last edited by The gr on Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:15 pm

The gr wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Like shin,hes terrible at his job but I can't help to like him
In shin's case, I can't help but respect the guy after what he went through to do his duty in stopping majin buu..

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:12 pm

Even then he's the reason why his universe is trash now I could see why mojito was happy when u9 got erased

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:56 pm

I loved Roh. His mood swings back in the Zen Exhibition Match and his overall arrogance made for an incredibly fun character, honestly unlike any others we've seen so far. He wouldn't quit taunting Universe 7! :lol:

A little off-topic, but one reason the ZEM was a big highlight of this arc for me was because the U9 characters were unique and fresh in their abilities and personalities, not unlike the feeling that came with BOG.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

JoeCapricorn
Beyond Newbie

Post by JoeCapricorn » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:10 pm

Roh was a peepee, but we still have Quitela, who is a small yellow annoying peepee.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:16 pm

I'm indifferent about him. He did have a personality unlike most in his position but he did annoy me at times.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl