Does Universe 4 Have Ant-Man?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Does Universe 4 Have Ant-Man?

Post by KingKaash » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:52 am

So we know that there 8 visible warriors for Universe 4 fighting in the ToP. After Android 18 notices this shockingly, Tien proceeds to say that the other 2 warriors are subtly there. Well we know what the other two warriors looks like. But why aren't they visibly present? My theory is that Damon is has powers similar to Ant-Man from Marvel. He can shrink and return to his original size whenever he wants.

In all honesty, this would be an extremely smart way to win the ToP in my opinion. While some of you have stated that you would've liked to see Bergamo consume energy and grow bigger or Piccolo enlarge himself or a Saiyan go Great Ape, I think shrinking is smarter. Shrink down to the size of an ant and then just hide out way from other fighters sight in the corner of the arena and just let them eliminate each other and make sure you don't fall off. And even if Damon had to fight, he could shrink as soon as a fighter goes for a punch so they miss him and then return to form to punch them back.

Honestly can you imagine if the ToP ended with Jiren and Goku knocking each other out and the Grand Priest announces that Universe 4 is the winner because Damon was just hanging out the whole time? :lol:

What do you guys think?

"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Does Universe 4 Have Ant-Man?

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:04 am

That is a pretty smart way of winning..
But how will universe 4 winning ensure our safety? We need eoz to happen sometime
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:14 am

Yes it does, there's an image of him in the Tournament a couple episodes ago. I'd post a screen cap but he's too small you couldn't see him.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:08 am

That sounds cool.

[spoiler]Bulma could do the same thing with Capsule Corp, so looks like that tech may be used in a combative manner.[/spoiler]
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:45 am

Hiding in an enclosed space is going to lose much of its effectiveness as a strategy if they know you're around somewhere, which they will because U4 won't be erased.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:47 am

Certainly one of the more creative means to try and ensure your universe's survival. Somehow hiding in the stadium itself might not be a bad proposal either if its structural integrity were actually consistent.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:17 am

Possibly.

Staying invisible is actually a great strategy. If you can just hide for 48 minutes your team will have a legit chance to win. If you have two invisible fighters...watch out.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:13 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Possibly.

Staying invisible is actually a great strategy. If you can just hide for 48 minutes your team will have a legit chance to win. If you have two invisible fighters...watch out.
Ant man isn't invisible in the literal sense though
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:25 am

I can see them having invisible fighters. Not sure about very small ones. Wouldn't they be on the Zeno's godpad thing? Despite being small I feel they should be seen there inlarged.
It would be interesting if U4 actually won because of this. It's a smart strategy as the point is not be thrown out, nothing else. I have a feeling someone will realize whT they're trying to do and eliminate them before the end of the tournament.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:09 am

That would be a fantastic twist and would provide great foundation and build up to Dragon Ball: Civil War.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:54 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:

Ant man isn't invisible in the literal sense though
Yeah I should have put a barrier between those two thoughts lol

I meant its interesting to think he may have that power. Then went on a tangent about the other possible invisible fighters but it all sorta meshed together.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:36 pm

It's a nice theory, but we know that these are Damon's abilities thanks to the source code on the Toei website;

Can't find Herms' tweet with a better translation than Google sorry

"変わり身の術を使う。消えると同時に空中に現れたり、地面から現れる。自爆技を使う。攻撃を待ってその技でカウンターを狙う。変わり身とかは脱皮して、抜け殻が残る。空蝉。虫の戦士"

"I will change my skill. It disappears and it appears in the air, it appears from the ground. Use suicide bombs. Wait for the attack and aim at the counter with that technique. The altered body is molted and the omission remains. Sora cry. Insect Warrior"

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:40 pm

shadowmaria wrote:It's a nice theory, but we know that these are Damon's abilities thanks to the source code on the Toei website;

"変わり身の術を使う。消えると同時に空中に現れたり、地面から現れる。自爆技を使う。攻撃を待ってその技でカウンターを狙う。変わり身とかは脱皮して、抜け殻が残る。空蝉。虫の戦士"

"I will change my skill. It disappears and it appears in the air, it appears from the ground. Use suicide bombs. Wait for the attack and aim at the counter with that technique. The altered body is molted and the omission remains. Sora cry. Insect Warrior"
Well that means Damon cant be ant man, but it doesnt mean the other unknown fighter cant be either.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:01 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:It's a nice theory, but we know that these are Damon's abilities thanks to the source code on the Toei website;

Well that means Damon cant be ant man, but it doesnt mean the other unknown fighter cant be either.
Based on the OP, there's another character from Universe 4that looks like Ganos, but isn't him (it looks like it may be a female member of the same species). A good theory, but I don't know how much water it holds. (the two shadowed characters from Universe 6 don't match the silhouette of not!Ganos and Damon)

But having said that, I could be completely wrong. It's simply too early to tell

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:22 pm

You're actually right because Damon's DBS Wikia was updated with this technique: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Damon

So apparently Damon has a "dodging technique", which allows him "Vanishes and then appears on the ground or in the sky." This actually kind of confirms my theory because this ability sounds very similar to what Ant-Man can do to the naked eye. When Ant-Man can shrink, it appears to vanish to most of us. Then when Ant-Man resizes himself then it appears to us that he is in another area. Now the word "vanish" might actually mean he does turn invisible. But I think it'd be really cool if the writers give Damon these Ant-Man powers. I mean he is a cicada insect warrior for crying out loud.

Also I think it's a good strategy that can definitely last them to the end of the ToP because it seems both Damon and Female Ganos can really suppress there power to where it is difficult to detect if they are even on the arena or not

IntoTheFire wrote:I can see them having invisible fighters. Not sure about very small ones. Wouldn't they be on the Zeno's godpad thing? Despite being small I feel they should be seen there inlarged.
It would be interesting if U4 actually won because of this. It's a smart strategy as the point is not be thrown out, nothing else. I have a feeling someone will realize whT they're trying to do and eliminate them before the end of the tournament.
shadowmaria wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:

Based on the OP, there's another character from Universe 4that looks like Ganos, but isn't him (it looks like it may be a female member of the same species). A good theory, but I don't know how much water it holds. (the two shadowed characters from Universe 6 don't match the silhouette of not!Ganos and Damon)

But having said that, I could be completely wrong. It's simply too early to tell
Speaking of the Female Ganos from U4, I actually wanted to suggest that she might have the invisible powers. While Damon can shrink to seem invisible, Female Ganos might actually turn invisible. We have to remember that Universe 4 with GoD Quitela is all about spying. So what better way to spy than to have someone who is invisible. Very interesting to see moving forward for these two mystery fighters from U4

"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16