Worst new character in DBS

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Worst new character in DBS

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:46 pm

Grimlock wrote:What the heck. There are some genre of music that I don't like but I don't actually "hate" it. I just don't like it, it's not my style. That doesn't make me "masochist" nor a "crazy person". So no, labeling something as "the worst" is not the same saying "I hate it" unless the person speaks it out loud.
Surely you find some merit in the worst genre of music if you don't actively dislike. Though I was just teasing with my comment, you actually can't like something you find bad unless there's some redeeming quality. That would be a contradiction, insanity.
Retired.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:48 pm

And I'm gonna include #18,they ruined her by making her selfish and hypocritical,thank you universe survival arc, you ruined #18 and champa
Mostly active on discord.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:54 pm

The gr wrote:And I'm gonna include #18,they ruined her by making her selfish and hypocritical,thank you universe survival arc, you ruined #18 and champa
Did she get hungry and kill someone's dog? What could they have done that would've ruined her character in 2 episodes? Am I already this out of the loop after such a short time not watching?
Retired.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:55 pm

Monaka, for being a lame version of Mr Satan but without his charm and I hate his design.
    Cabba,for being boring.
      Quitela,his design suck and his voice is annoying.
      Last edited by Spider-Man on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

The gr
      I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:01 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
      The gr wrote:And I'm gonna include #18,they ruined her by making her selfish and hypocritical,thank you universe survival arc, you ruined #18 and champa
      Did she get hungry and kill someone's dog? What could they have done that would've ruined her character in 2 episodes? Am I already this out of the loop after such a short time not watching?
      They made her a money grabbing brat,she insults krillin for letting his guard down through she let her guard down and almost got eliminated but saved by krillin and she whines by spending money on krillin equipement

Kanassa
      Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:01 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
      She tells Krilling "I can't beleive your'e supposed to be MY husband'' after he gets eliminated... For letting his guard down, which was the same thing he saved her from
      When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
      FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
      - FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kanassa
      Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:02 am

The gr wrote:
      Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
      They made her a money grabbing brat,
      So, she's in-character?

Kanassa wrote:
      FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Jinzoningen MULE
      I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:04 am

Kanassa wrote:She tells Krilling "I can't beleive your'e supposed to be MY husband'' after he gets eliminated... For letting his guard down, which was the same thing he saved her from
      Ah, so just bad scriptwriting. Nothing new unfortunately, but glad to know Super's still Super.
      Retired.

The gr
      I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:04 am

Kanassa wrote:
      The gr wrote:
      Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Did she get hungry and kill someone's dog? What could they have done that would've ruined her character in 2 episodes? Am I already this out of the loop after such a short time not watching?
      They made her a money grabbing brat,
      So, she's in-character?
      I mean yeah but it was worse here when she refused to enter the top because there no money trough she knows her universe is in danger and her daughter could die

Kanassa
      Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:12 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
      Kanassa wrote:She tells Krilling "I can't beleive your'e supposed to be MY husband'' after he gets eliminated... For letting his guard down, which was the same thing he saved her from
      Ah, so just bad scriptwriting. Nothing new unfortunately, but glad to know Super's still Super.
      I don't see how that's bad script writing. 18 being a hypocrite fits in fine with her usual character.

Kanassa wrote:

Jinzoningen MULE
      I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:17 am

Kanassa wrote:I don't see how that's bad script writing. 18 being a hypocrite fits in fine with her usual character.
      Uh... no? Maybe in Super, though I can't think of a specific example even then. She's a jerk, she's not above putting down Kuririn when he disappoints her, but she's not a brat anymore and hasn't been since the Artificial Humans Arc, and she cares deeply for her family.

The quote you gave me comes off as overly-harsh, and if it's true that she's scolding him for a mistake that she also made, that's just cruel, which isn't in-character with #18. Not the one from our timeline, anyway.
      Retired.

Kanassa
      Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:19 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
      Kanassa wrote:I don't see how that's bad script writing. 18 being a hypocrite fits in fine with her usual character.
      Uh... no? Maybe in Super, though I can't think of a specific example even then. She's a jerk, she's not above putting down Kuririn when he disappoints her, but she's not a brat anymore and hasn't been since the Artificial Humans Arc, and she cares deeply for her family.

The quote you gave me comes off as overly-harsh, and if it's true that she's scolding him for a mistake that she also made, that's just cruel, which isn't in-character with #18. Not the one from our timeline, anyway.
      18's whole relationship with Krillin is tough love with her constantly being bitchy towards him when he fails. Unless he gets seriously hurt or killed, she does not give a single shit.

Kanassa wrote:

Jinzoningen MULE
      I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:24 am

Whatever, I haven't seen it in-context, so I can't say for sure, but that doesn't sound like #18 to me.
      Retired.

Asura
      I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:27 am

Kale. By a landslide. She isn't even a character. She's just absolutely awful in every way, and I hate her voice actor to boot. Zero personality, zero originality. Literally just female Broly in every single possible way. All the homages are god awful too.

Saikyo no Senshi
      Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:31 am

Kale has an amazing voice, her shy version I mean, so she's not as far as I'm concerned. I would say the worst for me would be the Pride Troopers. All of them. They are a load of nothing and I find them boring as hell antagonists of a boring as hell story arc.

Jinzoningen MULE
      I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:36 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Kale has an amazing voice, her shy version I mean, so she's not as far as I'm concerned. I would say the worst for me would be the Pride Troopers. All of them. They are a load of nothing and I find them boring as hell antagonists of a boring as hell story arc.
      Out of curiosity, what do you like about the voice? To my ears, it seems like borderline baby-talk, only louder and more shy, but a bizarrely annoying, in-your-face shyness, not the cute shyness that they're clearly going for. Is it just because the voice actress has range? I'll give her that, but it's not being put to very good use with Kale.
      Last edited by Jinzoningen MULE on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
      Retired.

julianix
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:36 am

Kale is horrible.

TheGodfather93
      Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:43 am

Kale. I'm a pretty vehement Broly hater, but I was willing to give Kale a chance when she was first introduced. I really hoped Super would do her character justice, and fix up all the stupid crap from the Broly movies. Sadly, she was made even more unbearable than Broly.
      If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Hakaishin Liquir
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:45 am

Kale is such an awful character. Narirama has a more interesting personality than Kale.

RedHeat
      Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:46 am

Vegeta.

Never really liked his character to begin with anyways.
      Feels over Reals.