Worst new character in DBS

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Re: Worst new character in DBS

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:20 pm

Spider-Man wrote:
The gr wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: As for worst characters, I think I'd have to say Lavender. Nothing interesting going on personality–wise and his design makes me feel like he should be hosting a show about Moonshining on Discovery Channel. :lol:
lavender hosting a show is going to result bad rating.
    lavender or lavender is weak compared to his other two comrades but his ability and voice make him at least enjoyable,it just sucks he never had his rematch,what a waste of potential because seeing gohan babysitting/camping is boring,Christ bring me Saiyaman gohan vs the pride troopers
      U10 have forgettable characters design aside from murichim and lilibeu,I'm really not a fan of that universe due of the missed opportunities,I know none of them have character yet,I'm just judging how u10 is threated
      Agreed I find U10 to have the worst character Design except Murichim and Lilibeu.
        I find Vegeta pretty dull right now in Super.
        Eh I disagree

The gr
        I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:39 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote: Eh I disagree
        With Vegeta being dull,I'm sorta mixed,at times he's entertaning and sometimes he's meh,he's far from my least favorite
        Mostly active on discord.

Dragonballgod19
        Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:50 pm

The gr wrote:
        Dragonballgod19 wrote: Eh I disagree
        With Vegeta being dull,I'm sorta mixed,at times he's entertaning and sometimes he's meh,he's far from my least favorite
        Now I agree with you on that

TBMx
        Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:18 pm

Asura wrote:
        TBMx wrote:
        precita wrote:Gohan is a representation of people watching Dragonball, so people who tend to dislike Gohan is because he's a representation of ourselves. He was the kid/child we grew up with (most of us were close in age to Gohan as a kid when we first started watching DBZ), and when he aged into a teen and adult he settled into an everyday work style.
        In real life, we have to earn what we have. We aren't all silver spoon fed, ivory tower, trust fund kids. Gohan is like the kid who gets free scholarships to oxford, a big job waiting for him, and no matter how lazy he gets, a powerful family that will guarantee his success no matter what. No relatable at all.
        I don't quite think a five year old being forced to fight grown men for the fate of the world is a very cushy and privileged position to be in. Or, y'know, continue fighting and training for people who want to take over the world until you're 9.

All the while he worked his ass off studying so he could become smart enough to get a good job.
        Oh really, he had to study all that time to get a " good job"? A man with the strength and speed of Superman has to study to get a good job? He makes no sense in that regard. He was abused by a tiger mother stereotype into constant study, never rebels against it, just accepts it, never even attempts to earn his power, or even maintain it, but then why should he? He did and still does get gifted free power without working for it more than anyone else in the series because he's the privileged son of Goku in a series that overpowers half saiyans to ridiculousness.
        Gohan was interesting as a 5 year old, it's when he became an adult that he became this tedious OP bland nice guy. His arc was done as a teen, and yet Toriyama instantly removed his flaw of lazy with training, with a deus ex machina. Then he goes and does it again in Super. Yeah somehow I don't relate to a character who gets their one flaw instantly solved every damn time. Go figure.

Asura
        I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:28 pm

TBMx wrote:
        Asura wrote:
        TBMx wrote:
        In real life, we have to earn what we have. We aren't all silver spoon fed, ivory tower, trust fund kids. Gohan is like the kid who gets free scholarships to oxford, a big job waiting for him, and no matter how lazy he gets, a powerful family that will guarantee his success no matter what. No relatable at all.
        I don't quite think a five year old being forced to fight grown men for the fate of the world is a very cushy and privileged position to be in. Or, y'know, continue fighting and training for people who want to take over the world until you're 9.

All the while he worked his ass off studying so he could become smart enough to get a good job.
        Oh really, he had to study all that time to get a " good job"? A man with the strength and speed of Superman has to study to get a good job? He makes no sense in that regard. He was abused by a tiger mother stereotype into constant study, never rebels against it, just accepts it, never even attempts to earn his power, or even maintain it, but then why should he? He did and still does get gifted free power without working for it more than anyone else in the series because he's the privileged son of Goku in a series that overpowers half saiyans to ridiculousness.
        Gohan was interesting as a 5 year old, it's when he became an adult that he became this tedious OP bland nice guy. His arc was done as a teen, and yet Toriyama instantly removed his flaw of lazy with training, with a deus ex machina. Then he goes and does it again in Super. Yeah somehow I don't relate to a character who gets their one flaw instantly solved every damn time. Go figure.
        I’m not really understanding the point you’re trying to make. What does having the strength and speed of Superman mean when you’re trying to become a scholar? It’s completely irrelevant. You say he never attempts to earn his power but I have no idea what you’re talking about because the only power-up he didn’t “earn” was his ultimate form. Everything else he worked his ass off for. He was thrown into battle against grown men at 6 years old and saw his allies get horribly killed one by one. He continued on to Namek where he saw the absolute brutality of Freeza who he thought has killed his father by way of the planet blowing up. He trained non-stop for 3 years for the androids, an intense year in the RoSaT where he almost got himself killed unlocking SSJ, and then finally everything built up towards the SSJ2 transformation where someone had to die just to trigger it.

Gohan never had a chance to be a kid. He got much luckier as an adult, but to imply he’s lead a privileged and cushioned life where everything is handed to him and he doesn’t have to work for it? Hardly.

TBMx
        Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:11 pm

Asura wrote:
        TBMx wrote:
        Asura wrote:

I’m not really understanding the point you’re trying to make. What does having the strength and speed of Superman mean when you’re trying to become a scholar? It’s completely irrelevant. You say he never attempts to earn his power but I have no idea what you’re talking about because the only power-up he didn’t “earn” was his ultimate form. Everything else he worked his ass off for. He was thrown into battle against grown men at 6 years old and saw his allies get horribly killed one by one. He continued on to Namek where he saw the absolute brutality of Freeza who he thought has killed his father by way of the planet blowing up. He trained non-stop for 3 years for the androids, an intense year in the RoSaT where he almost got himself killed unlocking SSJ, and then finally everything built up towards the SSJ2 transformation where someone had to die just to trigger it.

Gohan never had a chance to be a kid. He got much luckier as an adult, but to imply he’s lead a privileged and cushioned life where everything is handed to him and he doesn’t have to work for it? Hardly.
        Hardly?
        He was born with the highest potential in the show able to knock down Raditz as an infant. Someone Goku and Piccolo couldn't touch.
        He was gifted with unlocked ability by Guru.
        He jumped 2 Super Saiyan levels in less than a year. As a child.
        He became stronger than Super Buu from literally sitting on his ass.
        He regained that same strength 5 years later in only 45 minutes of training with Piccolo.

His girlfriend, later wife, is the daughter of the richest man in the world.

He has all this while becoming one of the world's leading scholars. Which pisses me off, as it shows he never had to sacrifice anything. He never had to make a serious choice between the books and his strength because deus ex machina will solve it immediately.

I'm not interested in such privileged, protected, spoonfed characters.

precita
        Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:13 pm

^ LOL, why watch any anime character at all then? Any major character in a show is going to be treated better than others, they're main character.

ssjprodigy
        Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjprodigy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:16 pm

TBMx wrote:
        Asura wrote:
        TBMx wrote:

Hardly?
        He was born with the highest potential in the show able to knock down Raditz as an infant. Someone Goku and Piccolo couldn't touch.
        He was gifted with unlocked ability by Guru.
        He jumped 2 Super Saiyan levels in less than a year. As a child.
        He became stronger than Super Buu from literally sitting on his ass.
        He regained that same strength 5 years later in only 45 minutes of training with Piccolo.

His girlfriend, later wife, is the daughter of the richest man in the world.

He has all this while becoming one of the world's leading scholars. Which pisses me off, as it shows he never had to sacrifice anything. He never had to make a serious choice between the books and his strength because deus ex machina will solve it immediately.

I'm not interested in such privileged, protected, spoonfed characters.
        lol I love how the minority has to nitpick to call it bad while the majority is loving/eating this up!

ssjprodigy
        Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjprodigy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:20 pm

precita wrote:^ LOL, why watch any anime character at all then? Any major character in a show is going to be treated better than others, they're main character.
        dude, your my favorite person on this forum since i got here! I can tell you love and understand the characters especially Gohan

Asura
        I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:41 pm

TBMx wrote:He was born with the highest potential in the show able to knock down Raditz as an infant. Someone Goku and Piccolo couldn't touch.
        Okay? And? It's only very short bursts of power that foreshadows what comes later. What's your point?
        TBMx wrote:He was gifted with unlocked ability by Guru.
        So was Krillin
        TBMx wrote:He jumped 2 Super Saiyan levels in less than a year. As a child.
        Yeah, in the RoSaT training his ass off for an entire year. How is he handed everything for free if he has to work for it?
        TBMx wrote:He became stronger than Super Buu from literally sitting on his ass.
        I'll give you this one. It's definitely the only case I can think of where he did absolutely nothing and got extremely powerful.
        TBMx wrote:He regained that same strength 5 years later in only 45 minutes of training with Piccolo.
        No. Gohan has been training since the RoF arc. We see examples of his training in every subsequent arc. Piccolo had to get him in the right mindset to finally unlock his power again.
        TBMx wrote:His girlfriend, later wife, is the daughter of the richest man in the world.
        And Vegeta's wife is the richest and smartest woman in the world. Goku married the Ox King's daughter. Krillin got married to an extremely hot and powerful android babe
        TBMx wrote:He has all this while becoming one of the world's leading scholars. Which pisses me off, as it shows he never had to sacrifice anything. He never had to make a serious choice between the books and his strength because deus ex machina will solve it immediately.
        Oh yeah totally, never had to sacrifice anything like for example his childhood or the fact that he doesn't like fighting but has to do it anyway.

ssjprodigy
        Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjprodigy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:47 pm

Asura wrote:
        TBMx wrote:He was born with the highest potential in the show able to knock down Raditz as an infant. Someone Goku and Piccolo couldn't touch.
        Okay? And? It's only very short bursts of power that foreshadows what comes later. What's your point?
        TBMx wrote:He was gifted with unlocked ability by Guru.
        So was Krillin
        TBMx wrote:He jumped 2 Super Saiyan levels in less than a year. As a child.
        Yeah, in the RoSaT training his ass off for an entire year. How is he handed everything for free if he has to work for it?
        TBMx wrote:He became stronger than Super Buu from literally sitting on his ass.
        I'll give you this one. It's definitely the only case I can think of where he did absolutely nothing and got extremely powerful.
        TBMx wrote:He regained that same strength 5 years later in only 45 minutes of training with Piccolo.
        No. Gohan has been training since the RoF arc. We see examples of his training in every subsequent arc. Piccolo had to get him in the right mindset to finally unlock his power again.
        TBMx wrote:His girlfriend, later wife, is the daughter of the richest man in the world.
        And Vegeta's wife is the richest and smartest woman in the world. Goku married the Ox King's daughter. Krillin got married to an extremely hot and powerful android babe
        TBMx wrote:He has all this while becoming one of the world's leading scholars. Which pisses me off, as it shows he never had to sacrifice anything. He never had to make a serious choice between the books and his strength because deus ex machina will solve it immediately.
        Oh yeah totally, never had to sacrifice anything like for example his childhood or the fact that he doesn't like fighting but has to do it anyway.
        *claps hands incessantly*

The gr
        I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:01 pm

Lets see if the pride trooper will make an impression in 101,they better not suck or be badly written
        Mostly active on discord.

Benedetto12
        Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:04 pm

Cabba, he is really boring, he was quickly shadowed by Caulifla and Kale, he is just a smaller Gohan right now

Spider-Man
        Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Benedetto12 wrote:Cabba, he is really boring, he was quickly shadowed by Caulifla and Kale, he is just a smaller Gohan right now
        Agreed and Yeah Caulifla and Kale overshadow him and he is very boring to be honest,I wanted to see sadal but now I changed my mind because I'm not interested on seeing that planet anymore.

Dragonballgod19
        Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:39 pm

Agree about cabba and imo pan and Caulifla are boring too especially pan

MainJPW
        Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:45 pm

Monaka.
        Dragonballgod19 wrote:Agree about cabba and imo pan and Caulifla are boring too especially pan
        Pan's not a new character plus she's just a baby.

precita
        Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:53 pm

Baby Pan is amazing. She's my favorite incarnation of the character so far. lol. :lol:

Akyon
        Regular

Post by Akyon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:09 pm

I mean Baby Pan's had an episode where she flew around the Earth and caused havoc for the Pilaf gang.

If nothing else she's above Bra at current.
        Favourite User quote:
        Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
        1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

GodKaio-Ken
        I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:50 am

Akyon wrote:I mean Baby Pan's had an episode where she flew around the Earth and caused havoc for the Pilaf gang.

If nothing else she's above Bra at current.
        Bra was delivered by an Angel though. Thats pretty epic.
        Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Bullza
        Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:30 pm

Definitely these Magical girl characters, good lord, they're absolutely dreadful. I wasn't that keen on Kale but she's phenomenal in comparison.