Ssj2 Goku did better than ssb..

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Ssj2 Goku did better than ssb..

Post by julianix » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:14 am

Dbs writers are all over the place; it's like they are given liberties to do whatever they want and dont have a solid direction to work with. I'm beyond confused as to what exactly ssb ash is now a days. First it was god/ssj, then it was perfect Ki but later don't use it because it drain Ki to fast :wtf:

The level of ssb is anywhere from universe destroyer to maybe a 1x multiplier over ssj2. In this episode ssj2 Goku did better than ssb I'm sorry it just did. Ssb was a complete joke.

At this rate they should retcon everything anf bring back ssj3 as the top transformation again.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: Ssj2 Goku did better than ssb..

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:22 am

SSJ2 Goku did nothing to Kale. SSB Goku's Kamehameha which Kale walked through she still showed signs of fatigue from that. Agree with your overall point though but SSJ2 Goku really didn't do better than SSB did.

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:30 pm

Power levels are shit in DBS....But, they can say that Kale's SSJ form is stronger than a simply SSJB (like Hitto, Golden Freeza, Toppo, etc...). This is okay for me because It's the first time (not considering Brolly film)...

Now I'm assuming that her form is way stronger than SSJB (without Kaioken) because Goku SSJB did nothing against her. OK!

And Jiren just one shooted her... Ok!

Hitto seemed to be afraid of Jiren...And we know that Jiren is stronger than him (Hitto is arround SSJB + Kaioken x10 level)!

So, Goku can't be able to fight against Jiren with the single SSJB (he one shooted Kale, so he could one shoot him too in this level).

Let's see what's coming next.
Vados Sama!

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:36 pm

julianix wrote: The level of ssb is anywhere from universe destroyer to maybe a 1x multiplier over base. In this episode ssj2 Goku did better than ssb I'm sorry it just did. Ssb was a complete joke.
Fixed that for you. He also used the form against Kuririn.
Besides, it's not much of a headache unless you willingly want one. Goku said that he'd only increase his power a bit more (Japanese word: Choto... or something. Seems like Crunchyroll missed that part).
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Why do people feel the need to make threads on something that should be in the episode discussion? It is needlessly clogging the sub forum up. Secondly, your post is terribly written and I have no idea what you are talking about, if you are going to make a thread at least make it worthwhile.

Going by the thread title how did "SS2 do better"? I am pretty sure Goku got ragged around by Kale in SS2...?

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Why do people feel the need to make threads on something that should be in the episode discussion? It is needlessly clogging the sub forum up. Secondly, your post is terribly written and I have no idea what you are talking about, if you are going to make a thread at least make it worthwhile.

Going by the thread title how did "SS2 do better"? I am pretty sure Goku got ragged around by Kale in SS2...?
Well excuse me.

I don't care about any of that. All I care about is how they have handled the power scaling . There seems to be no clear foundation the writers are going by. Every episode is up and down; writers all have different ideas and opinions, there's nothing we can point to anymore.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:30 pm

julianix wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Why do people feel the need to make threads on something that should be in the episode discussion? It is needlessly clogging the sub forum up. Secondly, your post is terribly written and I have no idea what you are talking about, if you are going to make a thread at least make it worthwhile.

Well excuse me.

I don't care about any of that. All I care about is how they have handled the power scaling . There seems to be no clear foundation the writers are going by. Every episode is up and down; writers all have different ideas and opinions, there's nothing we can point to anymore.
And there is a power scaling thread just for things this... seriously this is a totally unnecessary thread.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:11 pm

The best argument I can come up with to try and rationalise what we saw this episode takes some inspiration from Vegeta lowering his power to the minimum so that Krillin is able to fatally injure him. Imagine such a concept only being applied to SSJB instead for both power amplification and conservation purposes.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:17 pm

Smilodon wrote:Power levels are shit in DBS....But, they can say that Kale's SSJ form is stronger than a simply SSJB (like Hitto, Golden Freeza, Toppo, etc...). This is okay for me because It's the first time (not considering Brolly film)...

Now I'm assuming that her form is way stronger than SSJB (without Kaioken) because Goku SSJB did nothing against her. OK!

Hitto seemed to be afraid of Jiren...And we know that Jiren is stronger than him (Hitto is arround SSJB + Kaioken x10 level)!

So, Goku can't be able to fight against Jiren with the single SSJB (he one shooted Kale, so he could one shoot him too in this level).

Well the preview showed Goku fighting Jiren in base twice, so be prepared to get completely F'ed.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:19 pm

SSJ2 Goku didn't any better than SSJB Goku did. (L)SSJ Kale no sold everything that Goku threw at her regards of what form he used.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
julianix wrote:

Well excuse me.

And there is a power scaling thread just for things this... seriously this is a totally unnecessary thread.
That thread is more for enthusiastist. Seems like person is saying they can't even enjoy the show at a basic level because they can't understand what's going on and they want clarity just to be able to follow the show at the most basic coherent levels of logic, not debate over it.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:41 pm

How did SSJ2 Goku do any better than SSJB Goku? Neither form did any real damage to Berserk SSJ Kale. If you're saying that because SSJ2 Goku withstood more attacks from Berserk Kale than SSJB Goku, well that's because all SSJB Goku did was fire a Kamehameha wave and therefore did not engage in physical combat with Kale. Unless I missed something...
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:56 pm

KingKaash wrote:How did SSJ2 Goku do any better than SSJB Goku? Neither form did any real damage to Berserk SSJ Kale. If you're saying that because SSJ2 Goku withstood more attacks from Berserk Kale than SSJB Goku, well that's because all SSJB Goku did was fire a Kamehameha wave and therefore did not engage in physical combat with Kale. Unless I missed something...
This. Goku in SSJ2 did no more than he did in SSB. The problem isn't Goku, it's Kale.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:59 pm

Ssj2 Goku dodged attacks and took blows from a character that is ssb level... so either ssj2 Goku is a power house or ssb just got nerfed again.

Or let me guess, he was holding back again?

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:12 am

julianix wrote:Ssj2 Goku dodged attacks and took blows from a character that is ssb level... so either ssj2 Goku is a power house or ssb just got nerfed again.

I don't see why they didn't have Goku fight Caulifla at SSJ1 and THEN bump it up to SSJ2 for Kale... They just need to use Blue any chance they get. It's so ridiculous sometimes.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 am

TheOne wrote:
julianix wrote:Ssj2 Goku dodged attacks and took blows from a character that is ssb level... so either ssj2 Goku is a power house or ssb just got nerfed again.

I don't see why they didn't have Goku fight Caulifla at SSJ1 and THEN bump it up to SSJ2 for Kale... They just need to use Blue any chance they get. It's so ridiculous sometimes.
But you do know why. Whether you like it or not, is up to the individual. But you have Kale look good against SSB to further have Jiren look good when a casual blast from him one-shots her out of her berserker state and KO's her. It was all for the purpose of further building up Jiren's hype.

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:40 am

TheMikado wrote:
Smilodon wrote:Power levels are shit in DBS....But, they can say that Kale's SSJ form is stronger than a simply SSJB (like Hitto, Golden Freeza, Toppo, etc...). This is okay for me because It's the first time (not considering Brolly film)...

Well the preview showed Goku fighting Jiren in base twice, so be prepared to get completely F'ed.
I've watched the episode twice and I didn't see any instance of Goku fighting Jiren in the NEP.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:18 am

Asura wrote:
TheMikado wrote:

I've watched the episode twice and I didn't see any instance of Goku fighting Jiren in the NEP.
I meant the opening.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:27 am

Lord Beerus wrote:SSJ2 Goku didn't any better than SSJB Goku did. (L)SSJ Kale no sold everything that Goku threw at her regards of what form he used.
It's my input to the discussion as well..
Kale shrugged off everything goku gave her..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:46 am

TheMikado wrote:
Asura wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
I meant the opening.
I see. Well, that's not really anything to go crazy over. We all know how fights in DBZ work where they warm up first. Goku fought Hit in base too.