Is Gohan's plan to keep U7 safe and hide until everyone knocks each other out?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saitou Hajime
Beyond Newbie

Re: Is Gohan's plan to keep U7 safe and hide until everyone knocks each other out?

Post by Saitou Hajime » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:20 am

Classic and effective strategy by pro wrestling stables during battle royales. The nWo use it to great effect on many occasions.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Is Gohan's plan to keep U7 safe and hide until everyone knocks each other out?

Post by KingKaash » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:16 pm

Whatever wrote:
KingKaash wrote:It seems like it and I think it's a darn good plan. Don't attack until someone comes and attacks you. And when someone does attack, take them down as a group. I feel like Tien and Roshi should last a while if Gohan is there to protect them.

And think about those who have defected the group: Android 17 & 18 have unlimited energy so there's no real energy issue with having them fight for the entire tournament. And then there's Goku, Vegeta and Frieza who are all God tier and can handle themselves quite well against a majority of the fighters out there. Only dumb Krillin thought he was good enough to step out of the group and he paid the price for it. Krillin served his purpose for the writers by showing what happens when you step out of the group
The plan is pretty basic,not to mention the reason it works so far is because everyone is ignoring gohan's group......
Krillin went out to help a stronger member,his wife i don't see why he would need to pay the price for it,not to mention the reason he got eliminated has nothing to do with leaving gohan....
If anything it shows Gohan's inability as a leader as he did not go to help him while Hit was all over the place helping his teamates.
Hmm perhaps I'm being a little too harsh towards the baldy Krillin. In his venture away from the group, Krillin did eliminate 2 other competitors. I guess I should take into account the positive Krillin has done and weigh it alongside of the negative of him being eliminated. Overall I guess Krillin did do fine for himself away from the group.

Gohan did however protect Krlllin while he was still within the group by knocking away Jium which lead to a team takedown that Krillin also assisted in. Gohan is doing a fine job as a leader by following God of Destruction Beerus' directions of staying put and fighting as a team. Like I mentioned, those that ran off are capable of fending for themselves. But Gohan is definitely following orders and staying defensive. Pretty good plan
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:31 pm

KingKaash wrote:
Whatever wrote:
KingKaash wrote:It seems like it and I think it's a darn good plan. Don't attack until someone comes and attacks you. And when someone does attack, take them down as a group. I feel like Tien and Roshi should last a while if Gohan is there to protect them.

And think about those who have defected the group: Android 17 & 18 have unlimited energy so there's no real energy issue with having them fight for the entire tournament. And then there's Goku, Vegeta and Frieza who are all God tier and can handle themselves quite well against a majority of the fighters out there. Only dumb Krillin thought he was good enough to step out of the group and he paid the price for it. Krillin served his purpose for the writers by showing what happens when you step out of the group
The plan is pretty basic,not to mention the reason it works so far is because everyone is ignoring gohan's group......
Krillin went out to help a stronger member,his wife i don't see why he would need to pay the price for it,not to mention the reason he got eliminated has nothing to do with leaving gohan....
If anything it shows Gohan's inability as a leader as he did not go to help him while Hit was all over the place helping his teamates.
Hmm perhaps I'm being a little too harsh towards the baldy Krillin. In his venture away from the group, Krillin did eliminate 2 other competitors. I guess I should take into account the positive Krillin has done and weigh it alongside of the negative of him being eliminated. Overall I guess Krillin did do fine for himself away from the group.

Gohan did however protect Krlllin while he was still within the group by knocking away Jium which lead to a team takedown that Krillin also assisted in. Gohan is doing a fine job as a leader by following God of Destruction Beerus' directions of staying put and fighting as a team. Like I mentioned, those that ran off are capable of fending for themselves. But Gohan is definitely following orders and staying defensive. Pretty good plan
Well it was his own idea not Beerus. Beerus was just mad everyone was diverging from it. Unless I'm wrong.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"