Dragon Ball Super TV Specials and/or Movies

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Dragon Ball Super TV Specials and/or Movies

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:00 pm

Since DBS is an new series, should they have any TV Specials or Movies? I think Toei should create a couple of movies based on 11 Universes like a movie focusing on the Pride Troopers, story of Universe 6 Saiyans, etc...

What do you think? Should DBS create its first movie?
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super TV Specials and/or Movies

Post by emperior » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:36 am

Now that we have seen Kale's form being the True Saiyan's form, I would love to see a TV special based on U7 Planet Sadal depicting the battle between the Original SSJ and the Original SSG.
I would also want a TV special about Black Goku showing him killing the Kais, his first battles with Trunks and expanding on his Zero Mortals Plan.

It would also be cool to see Super's arcs remade as movies.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:01 am

Super's production can barely handle the main show, a special would destroy it

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:21 am

emperior wrote:It would also be cool to see Super's arcs remade as movies.
I'm totally down for a movie version of the Future Trunks arc. If done right, it could easily become my favourite Dragon Ball film.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:40 am

I've said it before but they should do a theatrical and canon movie set in between two of the sagas where the main characters go to Planet Sadal in Universe 6 for what would be a vacation of sorts and you'd see a whole new world and perspective and then of course there's be bad guys and fighting involved somewhere.

It'd just be an event that would happen over the course of like a day, like Resurrection F, that would happen during one of the many time skips they had.

It's not an idea that might work so well anymore. If it had been done before the Universe Survival saga it could have made for a good movie but now that they've shown the world and a couple of its people so it wouldn't have the same impact now.
Last edited by Bullza on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:42 am

For specials I would like if they remade the arcs but this time around say it's a new twist snd animate the manga instead..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:21 pm

emperior wrote:Now that we have seen Kale's form being the True Saiyan's form, I would love to see a TV special based on U7 Planet Sadal depicting the battle between the Original SSJ and the Original SSG.
I would also want a TV special about Black Goku showing him killing the Kais, his first battles with Trunks and expanding on his Zero Mortals Plan.

It would also be cool to see Super's arcs remade as movies.
I prefer also to see how life in Universe 6 is by adapting it into a film.
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:09 pm

If Toei is set to get the DBS Films, they should do at least for all eleven other universes especially Universes 13 to 18. Think about it, I'm up to see a film about Gowasu, Rumishi and Cus running Universe 10 as protagonists.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:24 am

I'm still waiting for my Jaco tv special/OVA/film. I think it's a fun manga that I wish got animated. Just don't animate minus.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:05 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
I'm totally down for a movie version of the Future Trunks arc. If done right, it could easily become my favourite Dragon Ball film.
Why do people want this? The same old content again? It's the same as DBS reanimating BoG and RF. They should save movies for actual original content.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:19 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
Why do people want this? The same old content again? It's the same as DBS reanimating BoG and RF. They should save movies for actual original content.
I felt like the arc had some missed opportunities and a lot of potential to become even better. I'm interested to see how a movie adaptation of it would turn out.