Super Saiyan Rage & Why It Works

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Super Saiyan Rage & Why It Works

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:39 pm

Kishido wrote:
Marlowe89 wrote:
PeanutSaiyan wrote:Question: this is all head canon right ?
Everything in this thread is. I'm not even sure the writers themselves know what it's supposed to be beyond the basic concept of it being some new Super Saiyan form/variant achieved by a lot of rage.

Hell, DB Heroes was the only thing that actually called it "Super Saiyan Rage" -- other materials like Dokkan Battle and the concept art notes simply referred to it as Super Saiyan or Super Trunks.
This... TOEI went to far with this form tying to make Trunks look cool without thinking about a proper concept or explanation. We won't ever get one and as you said... The materials try to ignore the fact that it is a special form...

Even Heroes website is calling it just Super Saiyan again as it seems
If Dragon Ball Super ever gets a guidebook, I hope they elaborate more on what the hell Super Saiyan Rage is supposed to be. I have a feeling Toei wanted to replicate what Gohan pulled off at the Cell Games with his rage base SSJ form, which would later be known as SSJ2.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:04 pm

Kishido wrote:Even Heroes website is calling it just Super Saiyan again as it seems
In Heroes website, Super Saiyan Rage doesn't appear anywhere outside of the cardlist section. I don't know where you saw "Super Saiyan". Maybe you confused with Dokkan Battle website? Because Super Saiyan Rage is only called "Super Saiyan" there.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:58 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Kishido wrote:Even Heroes website is calling it just Super Saiyan again as it seems
In Heroes website, Super Saiyan Rage doesn't appear anywhere outside of the cardlist section. I don't know where you saw "Super Saiyan". Maybe you confused with Dokkan Battle website? Because Super Saiyan Rage is only called "Super Saiyan" there.
Read somewhere in the Heroes thread that even their it lisn't listed... Or was it the other way around that the back card is only saying Super Saiyan.

Have to check it

EDIT
read it wrong... My mistake... Still the fact that every other game besides Heroes is ignoring the name Ikari is even more complicated... It seems like no one really knows what it is and how to handle it