Where's the Zamasu Arc OST soundtrack??

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hit!!
Regular

Where's the Zamasu Arc OST soundtrack??

Post by Hit!! » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:01 am

Back when the black/zamasu arc started in that last part of that planet potafu arc episode, for the first time, Sumitomo was introducing a new soundtrack in Super. The songs that were introduced for this arc were in my opinion the best ost Super ever had, but something weird just happened!! As soon as the Zamasu arc wrapped up in episode 67, the new music just *poof* vanished, never to be played again in an episode of Super.

Why is that?? Why isn't Sumitomo playing songs like "Desperate Assault" during Kale's rampage in Episode 100 instead of whatever was playing?? Why hasn't Sumitomo been playing those lit af songs he made for the Trunks arc?? I see him play songs from Final Chapters, so why wouldn't he play the ones from the Black Arc that are of this same series??

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: Where's the Zamasu Arc OST soundtrack??

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:13 am

Hit!! wrote:Back when the black/zamasu arc started in that last part of that planet potafu arc episode, for the first time, Sumitomo was introducing a new soundtrack in Super. The songs that were introduced for this arc were in my opinion the best ost Super ever had, but something weird just happened!! As soon as the Zamasu arc wrapped up in episode 67, the new music just *poof* vanished, never to be played again in an episode of Super.

Why is that?? Why isn't Sumitomo playing songs like "Desperate Assault" during Kale's rampage in Episode 100 instead of whatever was playing?? Why hasn't Sumitomo been playing those lit af songs he made for the Trunks arc?? I see him play songs from Final Chapters, so why wouldn't he play the ones from the Black Arc that are of this same series??
Some of it is still being played. Watch Goku VS Golden Freeza in episode 95 and watch Goku VS M-Zamasu Beam Struggle. Both have the same song. FT Saga songs don't get played all that often anymore no.

Heck we've had several fights in this saga so far and only two of them played that "Frantic Battle" song (Majin Boo VS Basil and Goku VS Toppo). That's my favorite track in all of Super. I also want to know what's the track that played when Jiren just swoops in to take Kale out. A nice heroic tune.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:12 pm

I think certain tracks were produced to fit the tone for certain arcs. Some of the stuff composed for the Future Trunks was much heavier and darker than the usual musical fanfare that Sumitomo produced prior to the Future Trunks arc beginning. I think the idea was, to provide more emphasis on the more mature nature of the Future Trunks arc, music was composed specifically to fit that context of the arc and only that arc.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:17 pm

Speaking of this, I hope they release a new Super OST that should have All Super Tracks from the Later Champa arc to Future Trunks/Early Tournament of Power arc, plus Endings 2-8 and Opening 2, Vocal and Instrumental versions. For the Kai TFC Songs, either make a separate release or put it on an extra/the last disc.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:44 pm

What does Toei do if Sumitomo turns out to be a plagiarist and gets the whole soundtrack nuked ala Kai? Will they just go and randomly place Kikuchi tracks?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:46 am

Bulma's Foot Masseur wrote:What does Toei do if Sumitomo turns out to be a plagiarist and gets the whole soundtrack nuked ala Kai? Will they just go and randomly place Kikuchi tracks?
Toei wouldn't let that happen again, if there was a hint that Sumitomo was a plagiarist, they wouldn't touch him with a fifty foot pole.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:16 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Bulma's Foot Masseur wrote:What does Toei do if Sumitomo turns out to be a plagiarist and gets the whole soundtrack nuked ala Kai? Will they just go and randomly place Kikuchi tracks?
Toei wouldn't let that happen again, if there was a hint that Sumitomo was a plagiarist, they wouldn't touch him with a fifty foot pole.
Not to say anything, but didn't it take like 25 years for Yamamoto to be exposed :lol: