How Would Your Ideal Hit Vs. Jiren Fight Go?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dylanrockin
Not-So-Newbie

How Would Your Ideal Hit Vs. Jiren Fight Go?

Post by Dylanrockin » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:43 am

This is probably a topic that's been on a lot of people's minds, including mine, and I was curious how people would expect their ideal fight between these two go. Because, Jiren is strong, and we all know that. However, Hit has Time Skip which... in itself is extremely powerful, mostly due in part because Hit is strong in himself, but getting attacked during a Time Skip is the equivalent to being hit without being able to brace yourself for it. It's like getting sucker-punched, which is what makes it so strong. No matter how strong someone is, if you get hit in a vital spot without seeing it coming, you're gonna take heavy damage, as shown in the Champa Arc. Most traded blows in Dragon Ball are normally anticipated and when they hit, you've most likely already braced yourself for it, and can absorb most of the initial damage, but with Time Skip that is completely bypassed, unless you're Goku and can predict the attack ahead of time. Which, this is a technique that I'm not sure Jiren is initially aware of, and that's what can make or break a fight between the two is if he's aware of that ability.

Also, are we going to rule out Hit's dimensional powers as well? Unless his pocket-dimension is still destroyed, no thanks to Goku. But, this isn't a topic to say why the fight would be in Hit's favor, but more or less to discuss how you would interpret an ideal "fight" and not a one-sided, Time Skip spam-fest. Because, we all know Hit enjoys a proper martial arts duel, as shown when Goku and Hit had their rematch. Also we all know, in our heads, there will be some sort of caveat to the fight that would make Hit actually struggle.

To be quite frank, IF they ever decided to have the two go at it I'd imagine the fight would go on for some time, and then Goku steps in and interrupts the fight to let Hit get away or something. I dunno. I'm bad at expectations, when I haven't exactly had time to think about, and would much rather hear what you all would have to say :crazy:

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: How Would Your Ideal Hit Vs. Jiren Fight Go?

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:48 am

Dylanrockin wrote:This is probably a topic that's been on a lot of people's minds, including mine, and I was curious how people would expect their ideal fight between these two go. Because, Jiren is strong, and we all know that. However, Hit has Time Skip which... in itself is extremely powerful, mostly due in part because Hit is strong in himself, but getting attacked during a Time Skip is the equivalent to being hit without being able to brace yourself for it. It's like getting sucker-punched, which is what makes it so strong. No matter how strong someone is, if you get hit in a vital spot without seeing it coming, you're gonna take heavy damage, as shown in the Champa Arc. Most traded blows in Dragon Ball are normally anticipated and when they hit, you've most likely already braced yourself for it, and can absorb most of the initial damage, but with Time Skip that is completely bypassed, unless you're Goku and can predict the attack ahead of time. Which, this is a technique that I'm not sure Jiren is initially aware of, and that's what can make or break a fight between the two is if he's aware of that ability.

Also, are we going to rule out Hit's dimensional powers as well? Unless his pocket-dimension is still destroyed, no thanks to Goku. But, this isn't a topic to say why the fight would be in Hit's favor, but more or less to discuss how you would interpret an ideal "fight" and not a one-sided, Time Skip spam-fest. Because, we all know Hit enjoys a proper martial arts duel, as shown when Goku and Hit had their rematch. Also we all know, in our heads, there will be some sort of caveat to the fight that would make Hit actually struggle.

To be quite frank, IF they ever decided to have the two go at it I'd imagine the fight would go on for some time, and then Goku steps in and interrupts the fight to let Hit get away or something. I dunno. I'm bad at expectations, when I haven't exactly had time to think about, and would much rather hear what you all would have to say :crazy:
Well Goku broke Hitto's dimension through raw power, so Jiren should be able to do the same. Goku also stated Jiren predicted the movements of the Katchi Katchin Blocks so he didn't have to move whereas everyone else did. He probably could predict the Tokitobashi, let alone the fact that he's likely far stronger and faster than Hitto.

If they actually do have this fight go down, I see Hitto doing decently at first against a suppressed Jiren, and then eventually getting stomped by Jiren. What I would like? They're hyping Goku up to possibly needing a transformation and or a big power up to (presumably) compete with Jiren at his full power. I'd like it if Hitto managed to force Jiren to use a decent bit of his powers and abilities, but not enough to where he's showed off his entire hand to Hitto and has a few more trump cards in store for Goku. Realistically as I said, I see Hitto doing fairly decently at first and but eventually getting stomped without forcing Jiren to really struggle too much.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:16 am

In a perfect world, I'd like for Hit to do decently againast Jiren.

Unfortunately I feel like Jirens foresight ability is the worst possible match for Hit. I could see them making Hit get annihilated by him. Not so fast to the point where it'll be a one hit KO, but enough for him to uncross his arms for a bit.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:48 am

Is Jiren just really powerful or does he have some kind of special/unique ability too?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:57 am

Although I like Hit...and kind of wish they made him the main rival of Goku here, I wont believe Jiren is a threat unless he crushes Hit badly. Maybe not immediately but he should have a very distinct advantage.

Why would I believe Goku cant beat Jiren without a new form if he and Hit are made to look similar? Goku = Hit at this point it seems. If they are close Goku could take him by just having gotten slightly stronger.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:06 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Is Jiren just really powerful or does he have some kind of special/unique ability too?
The pride troopers seem to have some kind of gimmick, jiren probably has one too..

About topic,
In an ideal hit vs jiren fight, hit wins..
Reasons being he is awesome
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:30 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Is Jiren just really powerful or does he have some kind of special/unique ability too?
I think it's mostly that he's very powerful. We saw what he managed to do to Kale without even trying. No tricks involved. He might have an ability or something as well. Who knows.
How i predict the tournament will end:

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:05 am

My ideal Jiren vs Hit fight will go like this:

Hit starts with time-skip, showing advantage and landing powerful blows on Jiren. Within a few moments, Jiren starts to fight back by powering up and predicting Hit's attacks. Jiren then powers up to his full strength and starts dominating hit like crazy. When it seems it is all over, and Jiren folds his arms in overconfidence, hit goes crazy with his improved time-skip and bombards Jiren's vital spots till he dies.

Jiren is boring, Hit is awesome.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:35 am

Just look at his physique. That should tell you more than enough.

Really!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:39 am

I would love for Hit to just one-sidedly beat that boring character up, and just murder him. Sick of Hit having to hold back. Let him be DQ'd. Jiren is so lame.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:23 pm

apex_pretador wrote:My ideal Jiren vs Hit fight will go like this:

Hit starts with time-skip, showing advantage and landing powerful blows on Jiren. Within a few moments, Jiren starts to fight back by powering up and predicting Hit's attacks. Jiren then powers up to his full strength and starts dominating hit like crazy. When it seems it is all over, and Jiren folds his arms in overconfidence, hit goes crazy with his improved time-skip and bombards Jiren's vital spots till he dies.

I fully agree with you and that would be my ideal fight as well, however, Toshio already said Hitto is going to fight Vegeta, therefore, it is very unlikely that Hitto will face Jiren.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:54 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:

I fully agree with you and that would be my ideal fight as well, however, Toshio already said Hitto is going to fight Vegeta, therefore, it is very unlikely that Hitto will face Jiren.
Did he actually say he's fighting Vegeta? I thought he only said there was a "good" fight for both Hitto and Vegeta but not necessarily about them fighting each other.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:33 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:

I think Jiren will walk all over Golden Freeza to "make roman reigns Jiren look strong", but I want Freeza to atleast eliminate half of U11 including Toppo before facing Jiren. It would be also better if Kale is eliminated by Freeza.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:10 pm

Hit using his knowledge of internal pressure points to attack the most vulnerable areas of the body like the the outermost region of the jaw bone adjacent to the ear, the larynx, trachea, temple, and eyes would be a good start for me, personally. I'm tired of witnessing predictable one-sided flurry matches. Hit should be using what he knows in the most efficient manner possible.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:25 pm

They need to save hit for the eventual fight against the angels..they will need Jiren, hit and Freeza.

Jiren won't defeat hit either. Hit will get tag teamed by Vegeta and Gohan or a double k.o from Vegeta.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:14 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

Did he actually say he's fighting Vegeta? I thought he only said there was a "good" fight for both Hitto and Vegeta but not necessarily about them fighting each other.
Yes, he said that they will have a rematch and that Hitto was stronger than Vegeta when they fought the first time, but, now everyone needs to wait to see if Hitto is still the strongest.
apex_pretador wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

I think Jiren will walk all over Golden Freeza to "make roman reigns Jiren look strong", but I want Freeza to atleast eliminate half of U11 including Toppo before facing Jiren. It would be also better if Kale is eliminated by Freeza.
Yeah, i also belive Jiren will spank Golden Frieza to make a statement to everyone. I would prefer to see Hitto defeat Toppo before fighting Vegeta, because, he deserves at least one big victory.
apex_pretador wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

Precisely, when Hitto attacks the vital points with those bursts of light it is awesome.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:32 pm

With them both eliminating eachother, leaving the whole debate about who is stronger ambiguous.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:51 pm

Why do so many people dislike Jiren?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:15 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Why do so many people dislike Jiren?
Is because he's another stoic rival instead of being a sentai parody like his partners,people are getting tired of those type of rivals,hes basically hit without the interesting ability
Mostly active on discord.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:22 pm

The gr wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Why do so many people dislike Jiren?
Is because he's another stoic rival instead of being a sentai parody like his partners,people are getting tired of those type of rivals,hes basically hit without the interesting ability
We don't know what kind of special abilities he has yet.