Manga and Anime SSJ form differences

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

superfan2024
Regular

Manga and Anime SSJ form differences

Post by superfan2024 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:27 pm

You know, there wouldn't even be that much controversy if Goku just used SSJ3 on Kale instead of Blue. I may be wrong about what i'm about to say, but I believe that the SSJ transformations between the manga and anime are very disconnected. And this all started with the inclusion of the SSJB Kaioken. Here's a comparison between how I think how strong each form is compared between the anime to the manga:

SSJG (manga) = SSJB (anime)
Trunks' Advanced SSJ2 = SSJ Rage (anime)
SSJB/Full Powered SSJB (manga) = SSJB Kaioken (anime)

Like I said, this is only a prediction based upon how events unfolded between the two. With this, I believe that Goku would use SSJG on Kale instead of SSJB in the manga. Same thing goes for Goku/Vegeta vs the Trio De Dangers.

And, this may also be why people think that SSJB is weaker than it actually should be.
Last edited by superfan2024 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superfan2024
Regular

Re: Manga and Anime SSJ form differences

Post by superfan2024 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:40 pm

Any thoughts?

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:15 pm

The discrepancies definitely make it hard for me to distinguish what's going with the forms. Where as in Z SSJ3 was always SSJ3, it had the same 'feats of power' and same drawbacks.

Where as with Super, SSB is basically two different forms outside of the look and blue hair. I can't remember for the life of me what each medium is doing with the 'stamina drain' of Blue. There is even instances where forms exist soley in one version with SSG Vegeta in the manga, mastered SSB in the manga, SSJ 'rage' Trunks in the anime. It's a mess no doubt but I guess this was kind of inevitable thanks to Toriyama only providing the backbone and then leaving Toei and Toyotaro to their own devices.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:40 pm

nato25 wrote:The discrepancies definitely make it hard for me to distinguish what's going with the forms. Where as in Z SSJ3 was always SSJ3, it had the same 'feats of power' and same drawbacks.

Where as with Super, SSB is basically two different forms outside of the look and blue hair. I can't remember for the life of me what each medium is doing with the 'stamina drain' of Blue. There is even instances where forms exist soley in one version with SSG Vegeta in the manga, mastered SSB in the manga, SSJ 'rage' Trunks in the anime. It's a mess no doubt but I guess this was kind of inevitable thanks to Toriyama only providing the backbone and then leaving Toei and Toyotaro to their own devices.
Yeah, i'm not sure if it was a lack of communication between Toriyama, Toei, and Toyotaro (for instance the rumor of Toriyama just saying that Goku used a red form we haven't seen in a while during his fight with Hit), or if it's just that Toyotaro and Toei wanted to do their own things differently or the way that they wanted.

But I released that there are even more comparisons between the forms. Now I have a feeling that Trunks' advanced SSJ2 form in the manga (that made him as strong as a SSJ3) is the equivalence towards the anime's SSJ Rage form, but that's only my assumption because the anime didn't explain anything about the form other than rage.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:44 pm

nato25 wrote:The discrepancies definitely make it hard for me to distinguish what's going with the forms. Where as in Z SSJ3 was always SSJ3, it had the same 'feats of power' and same drawbacks.

I rather have super saiyan rage because the manga flat out made trunks useless in his own arc

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:46 pm

Honestly what the manga did to trunks was beyond horrible they made him useless in his own arc and he didn't even have super saiyan rage or even vegeta techniques were he was basically Sakura in the manga

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:53 pm

What Toyataro did in the manga was garbage. Hitto was weaker than Vegeta which is baloney and everything was too much saiyajin centered, ie, the manga feels like a saiyajin fanfic without any balance, the only good thing in the manga is that Goku and vegeta can use ssj god forms.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:00 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:What Toyataro did in the manga was garbage. Hitto was weaker than Vegeta which is baloney and everything was too much saiyajin centered, ie, the manga feels like a saiyajin fanfic without any balance, the only good thing in the manga is that Goku and vegeta can use ssj god forms.
Hit was only weaker than goku and vegeta because he can't kill people,hes more of a technique guy than at raw power and really if your complaining then why your not complaining the anime because it also focus on the saiyans up until the USA arc
Mostly active on discord.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:08 pm

The gr wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:What Toyataro did in the manga was garbage. Hitto was weaker than Vegeta which is baloney and everything was too much saiyajin centered, ie, the manga feels like a saiyajin fanfic without any balance, the only good thing in the manga is that Goku and vegeta can use ssj god forms.
Hit was only weaker than goku and vegeta because he can't kill people,hes more of a technique guy than at raw power and really if your complaining then why your not complaining the anime because it also focus on the saiyans up until the USA arc
The thing is that in the anime Hitto is stronger than Vegeta and Goku, furthermore, Hitto has Seicho in the anime and he was able to keep up with Goku when they fought a second time, ie, Hitto is ssj blue material while in the manga he is ssj god material, big difference.
You are not reading my posts, i heavily criticize the anime because it also focus on the saiyajins all the time.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
The gr wrote:
The thing is that in the anime Hitto is stronger than Vegeta and Goku, furthermore, Hitto has Seicho in the anime and he was able to keep up with Goku when they fought a second time, ie, Hitto is ssj blue material while in the manga he is ssj god material, big difference.
You are not reading my posts, i heavily criticize the anime because it also focus on the saiyajins all the time.
Just saying through the manga and anime have supporting characters like bulma,beers,shin,whis,gowasu and ft mai so is not a saiyans show as you thought
    True,lets just wait for the top,he will probably be stronget there
    Mostly active on discord.

Shinda Forever
    Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:44 pm

The gr wrote:
    Shinda Forever wrote:
    The gr wrote: Hit was only weaker than goku and vegeta because he can't kill people,hes more of a technique guy than at raw power and really if your complaining then why your not complaining the anime because it also focus on the saiyans up until the USA arc
    Just saying through the manga and anime have supporting characters like bulma,beers,shin,whis,gowasu and ft mai so is not a saiyans show as you thought
      True,lets just wait for the top,he will probably be stronget there
      I hope so.

Saturnine
      I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:04 pm

superfan2024 wrote:You know, there wouldn't even be that much controversy if Goku just used SSJ3 on Kale instead of Blue. I
      I don't think he'd ever use SSj3 in a tournament where outlasting his opponents is essential. I think he can go Blue and suppress himself to a powerlevel equivalent to SSj3, not a very popular opinion these days though, it would seem.

TheOne
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:51 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:Honestly what the manga did to trunks was beyond horrible they made him useless in his own arc and he didn't even have super saiyan rage or even vegeta techniques were he was basically Sakura in the manga
      I was fine without the Spirit Bomb Sword. I'm sure most would agree
      How i predict the tournament will end:

TheOne
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:52 pm

Saturnine wrote:
      superfan2024 wrote:You know, there wouldn't even be that much controversy if Goku just used SSJ3 on Kale instead of Blue. I
      I don't think he'd ever use SSj3 in a tournament where outlasting his opponents is essential. I think he can go Blue and suppress himself to a powerlevel equivalent to SSj3, not a very popular opinion these days though, it would seem.
      That's true. Stamina is everything in this tournament.

Which is why it's upsetting that Jiren just has his arms crossed the entire time during the tournament while Goku and Vegeta are constantly fighting.
      How i predict the tournament will end: