Is kale too much like broly

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Is kale too much like broly

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:53 pm

I notice how they literally the same they have
-same techniques
-same fighting style
-almost the same motivation

What's your thoughts on this

sintzu
Banned

Re: Is kale too much like broly

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:57 pm

What else can you say ? she's pretty much a copy of him and for obvious reasons, he's popular and they want to capitalize on it as much as possible.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:31 pm

Yes she is too much like Brolli, in battle.
She's only herself when she's in base form, but whenever she transforms she becomes Brolli.

They could've had her still go wild when she transforms without making her look like Brolli's twin sister copying his moves, looks, quotes, etc.

Pull a ssj2 Gohan instead and just have her be overly confident post transformation. Do a Launch and have her be a tough talker like Califla post transformation. Give her her own unique ssj look that isn't just Daughter of Brolli.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:41 pm

Kale only looks like Broly on a visual and aesthetic sense and nothing else (her doing throwback moves and lines from DBZ movie 8 doesn't make her a copy of Broly).
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:49 pm

She's done more actions that are exact copies of Broly's moves and sayings than she has done actions that are actually her own character, Kale. I was willing to forget about her exact likeness of Broly until the recent episode where she ran around screaming 'Son Goku..' 'Son Goku' for the entire episode, remind you of something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWzUB5xUWdY

I was starting to like this character, I'm going to be seriously disappointed if she does this exact same thing every time she turns into Broly, starting to look like it.
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Kale only looks like Broly on a visual and aesthetic sense and nothing else (her doing throwback moves and lines from DBZ movie 8 doesn't make her a copy of Broly).
Yeah she is nothing like Broly :roll: ... only her looks,only her throwback moves, and only her lines.. what else is there to her character exactly?

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:08 pm

Zagacious wrote: Yeah she is nothing like Broly :roll: ... only her looks,only her throwback moves, and only her lines.. what else is there to her character exactly?
Her relationship with Caulifla is rather different to that of Broly with Paragus and...err...

...um...

...yeah, okay I'm out of additional character differences.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:17 pm

Once she transforms?, hell yeah. Which is why i hope she does get a calmed controled variation of the form.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:30 pm

Zagacious wrote:She's done more actions that are exact copies of Broly's moves and sayings than she has done actions that are actually her own character, Kale. I was willing to forget about her exact likeness of Broly until the recent episode where she ran around screaming 'Son Goku..' 'Son Goku' for the entire episode, remind you of something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWzUB5xUWdY

I was starting to like this character, I'm going to be seriously disappointed if she does this exact same thing every time she turns into Broly, starting to look like it.
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Kale only looks like Broly on a visual and aesthetic sense and nothing else (her doing throwback moves and lines from DBZ movie 8 doesn't make her a copy of Broly).
Yeah she is nothing like Broly :roll: ... only her looks,only her throwback moves, and only her lines.. what else is there to her character exactly?
Its not just that she was screaming Son Goku that made it annoying. The voice acting in that scene was just really off to me for some reason. It didnt sound right.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:05 pm

The depiction of Kale's character and Broly's character before going full raging SSJ is quite different. And the motivation for their transformations are on the other ends of spectrum. But once they go large and in-charge SSJ, they are nearly identical appearance and in style of combat. Ironically, Kale can actually calm down out for her SSJ Berserker form with proper incentive from Caulifla. While once Broly went LSSJ, he never went back to regaining any kind of sanity just murdered, or at least tried to murder, everyone in his path. Including his own father. At least Kale made sure not to harm Caulifla. So Kale at least retains some form of basic mentality once she transforms.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:15 pm

When she transforms, yes. When she is in her normal state, no. I try to like Kale, I really do. But once she transforms, Toei feels the need to rip off Movie 8 to an unhealthy degree. The amount of blatant homages and similarities to Broly piss me off. Hopefully her Broly phase is over because she just faced off against Goku. Like, what more can they do with it? Hopefully she gets this "controlled" form or whatever in the coming episodes so she can be her own character.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:17 pm

I really like the idea of a LSSJ from another universe and the idea of an alternate form of Super Saiyan, so I may be focusing on her too much, but I just really hope they improve upon it and give her more character and distinctiveness from Broly.
Akyon wrote: Her relationship with Caulifla is rather different to that of Broly with Paragus and...err...

...um...

...yeah, okay I'm out of additional character differences.
Kale's LSSJ looks almost exactly like Broly, but Kale in her normal form is definitely way different than base form Broly. They only share a vague similarity in shyness and appearance (lanky and the hair is similar, even though base Broly has huge muscles). Kind of off topic but did anyone remember in the Broly movie when we first see Broly, Vegeta says something like 'he's a toothpick' when he's visually more muscly than Goku and Vegeta even in his base form? Just an odd moment lol, maybe he was referring to his power in base form which was also lowered by Paragus' device.. anyways, the point was that their appearances are different enough, but we haven't seen much of Kale in base form, and to me her LSSJ form looks a little too different than her base form. Broly's at least kind of looks like him but just huger, Kale's LSSJ looks almost nothing like her at all.

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Its not just that she was screaming Son Goku that made it annoying. The voice acting in that scene was just really off to me for some reason. It didnt sound right.
She doesn't even really seem angry in the voice acting, or in her actions except for when she initially turns LSSJ. She just seems really powerful but not angry, and the 'Son Gokuu' becomes really monotone after a while, and she said it way too many times.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:43 pm

What does make her a copy of Broly then? If they're copy and pasting lines, animation, and design from Broly and giving them to Kale, then she's a copy. It's pretty much that simple.

Is she a complete and 100% copy? No, she's pretty much her own person in her normal form. Albeit not a very interesting person, but a unique person nonetheless. Aside from that though she is 100% a Broly clone used to sell merchandise. Terrible.

I once said before that they can still salvage her normal character/normal form into something interesting and different especially if we get some more insight as to her relationship with Caulifla (as in, how did they meet) but as for her transformation? Garbage that can't be salvaged.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:14 pm

She's a sad sorry poor excuse for a much much fleshed out and well thought out concept. Even excluding Broly being original, his execution was far far deeper then more fans were even able grasp and ironically most lacked the cognitive skills to understand the character.