No Tenshinhan, Piccolo, and Roshi in upcoming fights(?)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

No Tenshinhan, Piccolo, and Roshi in upcoming fights(?)

Post by gohan_black » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:39 pm

Gohan will probably get his turn to shine but I'm disappointed that once again Tenshinhan, Roshi and Piccolo all (get?) pushed aside. Not one. Not even one fight scene with any of them until now. 0. Like they added them as a bait. (It's) all about Goku and Vegeta. I'm sick of seeing Goku all the time. Shit sucks. They're gonna disqualify Tenshinhan and Roshi before giving them any fight scenes. I can smell that already.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Re: as expected. no tien. no piccolo. no roshi.

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:42 pm

gohan_black wrote:gohan will probably get his turn to shine but I'm dissapointed that once again tien roshi and piccolo all pushed aside. not one. not even one fight scene with any of them. untill now. 0. like they addedd them as a bait. all about goku and vegeta. I'm sick of seeing goku all the time. shit sucks. they gonna disqualify tien and roshi before giving them any fight scenes. i can smell that already
Probably you are right. They aren't wasting any time with Tenshinhan, Piccolo and Roshi as expected which is a terrible option and it seems that the trend will continue since the action seems focused in Goku, Vegeta and the androids and Frieza a little bit.

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:48 pm

Roshi already beat Jium from U10. :D

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:48 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
gohan_black wrote:gohan will probably get his turn to shine but I'm dissapointed that once again tien roshi and piccolo all pushed aside. not one. not even one fight scene with any of them. untill now. 0. like they addedd them as a bait. all about goku and vegeta. I'm sick of seeing goku all the time. shit sucks. they gonna disqualify tien and roshi before giving them any fight scenes. i can smell that already
Probably you are right. They aren't wasting any time with Tenshinhan, Piccolo and Roshi as expected which is a terrible option and it seems that the trend will continue since the action seems focused in Goku, Vegeta and the androids and Frieza a little bit.
thats a shame. no team work either. aside from 18-kuririn.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:21 pm

Lol 4 episodes in and you think the tournament is over. Roshi has one elimination and is getting a showing in episode 101. Relax smh. You only seen Hit and Jiren do one thing. Cabba only do one thing. Frost only do ine thing. Every U7 fighter will get time to shine. But Toei is juggling 80 fighters.they cant show what everyone is doing. And it is Gokus show.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:21 pm

What has Gohan done really?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:23 pm

FYI, Roshi will do something cool in this week's episode.

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:23 pm

JulianStyles wrote:What has Gohan done really?
More than Tien or Piccolo, less than literally everyone else including Krillin and Roshi. :?
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: No Tenshinhan, Piccolo, and Roshi in upcoming fights(?)

Post by Lionel » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:22 pm

All of them have had their senses of pragmatism neutered for the sake of the tournament's continued glorification of the haggard Saiyans and spur of the moment cyborg plateauing. Why else would they not be using their abilities to incapacitate Jiren, Toppo and all of the other powerful figureheads of the tournament?

I have no sympathies for anything potentially negative which may happen to Goku, Vegeta or the cyborg twins in the coming episodes. Being inundated with almost non-stop coverage of the Saiyans with only a momentary calm before refocusing on them is not my idea of an enjoyable tournament scenario. These events are just about the only thing close to a wellspring that can afford us with some limelight for the other characters. Most of the tournament has yet to air, true. It's also wise of the humans and Piccolo to remain close together in formation, but if nothing ever comes of them throughout the remainder of the event then I feel we will be justified in censuring the tournament for its bland underutilisation of characters it had been advertising so heavily in the days leading up to the event. Many of us are already critical of the show for continuing to mislead fans with prior build-up and promotional imagery of Buu only to cast him aside at the last moment.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:31 pm

LOL, Piccolo definitely needs to do something soon.

Roshi/Tenshinhan had their moments, aside from maybe one more fighter or so, I don't expect them to do much more this arc

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:12 am

Well we can take Tien off that list. And Toshio today said more coming from him.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:18 am

Tien and Roshi have already done some stuff in the tourny so far. Though not the most impressive, they still done some stuff. Piccolo on the other hand, sometimes i'm forgetting that he's still in the tournament because he hasn't done anything memorable so far imo. Gohan also needs to do more, though I think he will do much more later on to near the end of the tournament. He seems to be helping Goku in ending 9, but even if it's just an ending, we all know that he's going to be doing something much more.

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:25 am

yeha cool team work from roshi and tien in the last episode but thats not enough. i wanna see espiecelly tien on the spotlight. not just for seconds but a big chunk of the episode. i wanna see an entire episode dedicated just for tien and roshi and another for piccolo and gohan. I'm just sick of seeing goku all the time. how much more goku can we take? hes allwayes in the spotlight in this tournament

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:37 am

I know Tien part lasts a few seconds, and it's the same thing again ( the Kikoho, like he can only do this) but I found that scene cool af

I'm a bit disappointed for Roshi tho, I expected him to phisically have a fistfight with his opponent, judging from the hyping preview, but nothing

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:37 am

I don't get why people are making weird assumptions when the ToP still has ages to go.

Right after this post we had a new ep with Roshi and Ten and a NEP with Piccolo....

They *might* get shortchanged overall by the end but lets withhold judgement till that time...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:06 am

Tenshinhan and Roshi were offered a minute or two of strategic collaboration before their active participation ended. It would barely constitute as a tenth of the episode's length. I imagine most of us would prefer to have at least a full episode dedicated to their exploits -- maybe delve into their repertoire of classics and use them to demonstrate their persisted skillfulness after all these years.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:28 am

TobyS wrote:I don't get why people are making weird assumptions when the ToP still has ages to go.

Right after this post we had a new ep with Roshi and Ten and a NEP with Piccolo....

They *might* get shortchanged overall by the end but lets withhold judgement till that time...
We had a new ep with Roshi and Ten? They only did a ki technique. If that is the best that they have to offer fuck it. It is garbage.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:31 am

Shinda Forever wrote:
TobyS wrote:I don't get why people are making weird assumptions when the ToP still has ages to go.

We had a new ep with Roshi and Ten? They only did a ki technique. If that is the best that they have to offer fuck it. It is garbage.
That reminds me of people who got angry all the z fighters did in the rof movie was fight freeza soldiers.

Considering all through z these characters rarely achieved anything, its probably best to take what you can get.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:34 am

Totamo wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

That reminds me of people who got angry all the z fighters did in the rof movie was fight freeza soldiers.

Considering all through z these characters rarely achieved anything, its probably best to take what you can get.
I prefer to take nothing. This is pure lazy shit. It would be better to let them out if this is the kind of shit that they are available to offer.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:04 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: We had a new ep with Roshi and Ten? They only did a ki technique. If that is the best that they have to offer fuck it. It is garbage.

I prefer to take nothing. This is pure lazy shit. It would be better to let them out if this is the kind of shit that they are available to offer.
You are lying or you are the minority. The z fighters couldn't do a damn thing to nappa and they were fodderized, they are more useful here than they were there.

And many people love that fight and all they are doing is waiting for Goku.

I love that fight.