"Dragon Ball Super" Crunchyroll Home Release Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:26 am

Scsigs wrote:
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:Part 4 announced. Out June 16th. Cover art is pretty slick too:

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/974327873195651073
Yeah, Trunks front & center like he should be. They'll probably use Vegito for either the next artwork, or the one afterwards, depending on if episode 66 is in it, but I don't believe it will. Hope it's used for "Season 2" as well when that eventually comes out.
#66 will be on part 6. For Part 5 they'll probably use this:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Unless they sqeeuze 14 eps on Part 5 to fit Vegetto.

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:04 pm

I think Rose' Black will be the cover for part 5. Not just standard Goku Black.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:27 am

rs_chaosmaster wrote:I think Rose' Black will be the cover for part 5. Not just standard Goku Black.
That would make sense, or maybe Zamasu.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Scsigs wrote:
rs_chaosmaster wrote:I think Rose' Black will be the cover for part 5. Not just standard Goku Black.
That would make sense, or maybe Zamasu.
Or Both Zamasu and Black :O

supersaiyandoctor
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:29 pm

Still no word on when the season sets will get released?

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:34 pm

supersaiyandoctor wrote:Still no word on when the season sets will get released?
Maybe after they're done releasing all the Part sets first like it happened with the Kai Parts and then Seasons.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:57 pm

SuperCyan2 wrote:
supersaiyandoctor wrote:Still no word on when the season sets will get released?
Maybe after they're done releasing all the Part sets first like it happened with the Kai Parts and then Seasons.
Except that the seasons of Kai started being released before the parts were all done.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:14 pm

Scsigs wrote:Except that the seasons of Kai started being released before the parts were all done.
You're right. It was like midway or something when the Yamamoto scandal broke out.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

FutureTrunks

Post by FutureTrunks » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:03 pm

I hope they release a whole set together.
-Mark

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:04 pm

FutureTrunks wrote:I hope they release a whole set together.
Yeah. They did it with Z, so it makes sense for Kai.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:55 am

how is the Kaioken scene corrected on the web version compared to the bluray?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:50 am

They usually don't happen until about 14 or so months have passed from the first part. Part 1 was out July of 2017 so looking around late 2018 for the first season set.

CWCprime

Post by CWCprime » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Do these Blu-rays have English text for the episode title cards and OPs/EDs, like they are broadcast on Toonami? I'm assuming there's only 1 video track, so they replaced the Japanese title cards and credits with the English ones. Unless perhaps there's a second track with the original title cards and credits that plays when selecting the Japanese audio track? I doubt it, though. Just want confirmation.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:32 pm

CWCprime wrote:Do these Blu-rays have English text for the episode title cards and OPs/EDs, like they are broadcast on Toonami? I'm assuming there's only 1 video track, so they replaced the Japanese title cards and credits with the English ones. Unless perhaps there's a second track with the original title cards and credits that plays when selecting the Japanese audio track? I doubt it, though. Just want confirmation.
FUNi never leaves in the original title cards or credits. They prefer to either have clean openings or translated text on the openings while also translating the ending credits text.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:37 pm

CWCprime wrote:Do these Blu-rays have English text for the episode title cards and OPs/EDs, like they are broadcast on Toonami? I'm assuming there's only 1 video track, so they replaced the Japanese title cards and credits with the English ones. Unless perhaps there's a second track with the original title cards and credits that plays when selecting the Japanese audio track? I doubt it, though. Just want confirmation.
No, unfortunately not. These sets only have the English title cards and credits, as per most Funimation releases these days.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

CWCprime

Post by CWCprime » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:39 pm

That's a shame. As a purist, I like to have the original elements all intact, but I don't know if I can justify spending over $100 for a single Japanese Blu-ray set.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:14 pm

CWCprime wrote:That's a shame. As a purist, I like to have the original elements all intact, but I don't know if I can justify spending over $100 for a single Japanese Blu-ray set.
I wonder if the digital releases on the Microsoft Store and the like have the original title cards and credits for the Japanese version. It would make sense since the streaming versions of the subtitled episodes have them. Plus, you have to buy the dubbed and subtitled versions separately, so maybe a different video track is the reason. Again, not a guarantee, but maybe it would be worth looking into.

In fact, if someone here happened to purchase those digital versions of the subtitled episodes, please let us know if they have the original title cards!
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Blondiebear_17

Post by Blondiebear_17 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:18 pm

Is it weird that I didn't know James Marsters was voicing Zamasu in the dub? I hadn't really been following it but I am really excited to hear that he is in the cast. I know he is probably forever hated by the fandom for being a part of you know what... but it's not really his fault. Honestly, I just love that guy my username is a not at all subtle reference to Spike in Buffy. I am surprised he hasn't done more voice acting I mean that guys voice is like friggin butter. I don't think hes really suited to Zamasu but it's still music to my ears.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:46 pm

Blondiebear_17 wrote:Is it weird that I didn't know James Marsters was voicing Zamasu in the dub? I hadn't really been following it but I am really excited to hear that he is in the cast. I know he is probably forever hated by the fandom for being a part of you know what... but it's not really his fault. Honestly, I just love that guy my username is a not at all subtle reference to Spike in Buffy. I am surprised he hasn't done more voice acting I mean that guys voice is like friggin butter. I don't think hes really suited to Zamasu but it's still music to my ears.
I don't think people HATE him for being in DB Evolution. They hate the movie for other reasons, like Justin Chatwin as Goku & the movie being more of a distilled action adventure comedy that takes things from Dragon Ball, rather than being an actual Dragon Ball adaptation. Marsters was actually probably one of the more enjoyable parts of it & actually became a fan of the franchise by watching the shows to research the role, so he wanted to make up for it. He's actually really well-suited for Zamasu so far. We'll see how he handles Zamasu getting more unhinged, especially Fused Zamasu. It'll be interesting.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:23 pm

Since I am holding out for the season sets, I don't own any of the volumes. Have they dubbed the next episode previews?
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy