"Dragon Ball Super" Crunchyroll Home Release Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GTx10
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by GTx10 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:26 pm

Dragon Ball Super Part 3 blue ray has a English version of Chozetsu Dynamic. It is sung by the Japanese singer. (It is the opening)
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:26 pm

GTx10 wrote:Dragon Ball Super Part 3 blue ray has a English version of Chozetsu Dynamic. It is sung by the Japanese singer. (It is the opening)
Well, that's...inconsistent.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:56 pm

GTx10 wrote:Dragon Ball Super Part 3 blue ray has a English version of Chozetsu Dynamic. It is sung by the Japanese singer. (It is the opening)
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

What I feared. What about the Japanese track?

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

The JPN version plays if the JPN track is selected. Also the JPN version of Dynamic plays during the Kaio-Ken scene regardless of Dub choice.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:16 pm

GTx10 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

The JPN version plays if the JPN track is selected. Also the JPN version of Dynamic plays during the Kaio-Ken scene regardless of Dub choice.
That was gonna be my next question aha, that's a relief!

Did they fix Schemmel's Kaioken explaining mistake? Where he called Kaioken calming?

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
GTx10 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Did they fix Schemmel's Kaioken explaining mistake? Where he called Kaioken calming?
No. That is still there.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:01 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
GTx10 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Technically, his explanation wasn't wrong if you actually dissect it.
"Super Saiyan Blue's all about power through extreme control. Combining that with the calming focus of the Kaioken, & now there's no telling how high I can go."
Every word of that IS accurate to what's been portrayed of both power-ups in the show since both were introduced. He also called Kaioken an energy multiplier, which is also true. Super Saiyan Blue is, literally, the Super Saiyan form of Super Saiyan God. He taps into the power of the God form & it mixes with his Super Saiyan form to make it. Kaioken requires focus on making it work to use it. I mean, when he uses the x3 variant against Vegeta, & even in that scene, it took a lot of focus to activate (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQu2s80vWLg), so it's not an inaccurate statement at all. Why do people think it is?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:17 pm

Odd that they never used the re-recorded dialogue. I wonder if the corrected Master Zuno quote about Super Shenron was used?. Fingers crossed, as that statement was incorrect.

VirtuaBranson

Post by VirtuaBranson » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:59 pm

So wait, they actually re-recorded it, took like 6 months to release part 3, and its still the wrong line? God damnit Funimation. Get your shit together.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:20 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:Odd that they never used the re-recorded dialogue. I wonder if the corrected Master Zuno quote about Super Shenron was used?. Fingers crossed, as that statement was incorrect.
I could check if I knew what the he'll you were talking about. Lol What about Zuno's dialogue now?

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:11 am

I got these DVD's off of ebay but can't tell if their bootlegs. The inside cases seem different from the ones I've seen on amazon and the discs are single layer
They dont look bad which is why I'm confused

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:13 am

Behind the discs (on the left side) should be the episode listings. That is how my Super Blue Rays are designed.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:26 am

GTx10 wrote:Behind the discs (on the left side) should be the episode listings. That is how my Super Blue Rays are designed.
I just checked and it has the epsiodes listing on the back of the cover

supersaiyandoctor
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 am

Do you mean the Engrish version that plays on Toonami?

TRIZACK
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TRIZACK » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:55 am

GTx10 wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:Odd that they never used the re-recorded dialogue. I wonder if the corrected Master Zuno quote about Super Shenron was used?. Fingers crossed, as that statement was incorrect.
I could check if I knew what the he'll you were talking about. Lol What about Zuno's dialogue now?
I believe he means when Zuno calls the Super Dragonball's Dragon Zalama instead of Super Shenron. I can confirm it was not fixed.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:54 am

TRIZACK wrote:
GTx10 wrote:
I believe he means when Zuno calls the Super Dragonball's Dragon Zalama instead of Super Shenron. I can confirm it was not fixed.
Strange, as the recording was updated, and corrected. Rawly Pickens told me on Twitter.
Thanks for the info.
VirtuaBranson wrote:So wait, they actually re-recorded it, took like 6 months to release part 3, and its still the wrong line? God damnit Funimation. Get your shit together.
I love Funi, but this is sloppy. The mix was updated, so it is clearly an error on their part - not sure how it's happened.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:16 am

VirtuaBranson wrote:So wait, they actually re-recorded it, took like 6 months to release part 3, and its still the wrong line? God damnit Funimation. Get your shit together.
Yeah Sean and Rawly both said they were fixed.

I guess it means we'll have to wait until the Season Sets re-release to see if it changes.

VirtuaBranson

Post by VirtuaBranson » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:48 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Yeah Sean and Rawly both said they were fixed.

I guess it means we'll have to wait until the Season Sets re-release to see if it changes.
It’s frustrating. With the Buu Kai audio compression to the terrible released dates of the Super BRs being 7 months apart and 13 episodes, now lines aren’t being translated correctly and fixed it’s getting really annoying to try to support them.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:07 pm

I don’t really care about the dub as long as the sub version is fine I am cool but yeah after taking this long to release this set there is no excuse for keeping the errors that were on the broadcast version. The BR is where you are supposed to fix this stuff. That just comes off as lazy.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:05 pm

The Kaio Ken scene was fixed on FUNiNow but not the Blu-ray, what the hell
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)