"Dragon Ball Super" Crunchyroll Home Release Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TRIZACK
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Home Release Thread

Post by TRIZACK » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:15 pm

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:The Kaio Ken scene was fixed on FUNiNow but not the Blu-ray, what the hell
Hey have to give us a reason to rebuy Super with the season sets. "RERECORDED DIALOUGUE THAT IS ACCURATE TO THE JAPANESE VERSION. THE WAY IT IS WAS ORGINALLY MEANT TO BE SEEN!!!"

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:59 pm

TRIZACK wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:The Kaio Ken scene was fixed on FUNiNow but not the Blu-ray, what the hell
Hey have to give us a reason to rebuy Super with the season sets. "RERECORDED DIALOUGUE THAT IS ACCURATE TO THE JAPANESE VERSION. THE WAY IT IS WAS ORGINALLY MEANT TO BE SEEN!!!"
Why is it that I can actually see that being a slogan on the inevitable promotional video lol.

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:04 pm

I'm very pissed that Super Part 4 is not coming out in May. I mean honestly there is no reason for it to be pushed to June. The last episode of part 4 airs on Saturday so to have to wait 4 months to own it on Blu Ray is really quite unacceptable. Thats longer than the average time it takes major motion pictures to go from theater to Blu Ray. Come on Funimation speed up these releases slightly please. There is no reason why the Black arc should not be finished on Home Media this year.

June: Part 4 40-52
September: Part 5 53-65
December: Part 6 66-78

TRIZACK
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TRIZACK » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:11 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:
TRIZACK wrote:
Why is it that I can actually see that being a slogan on the inevitable promotional video lol.
You heard it here first!

supersaiyandoctor
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:03 am

Can someone please respond to my question from a few pages back. I asked if the opening on Part 3 is the Engrish version that plays on Toonami?

TRIZACK
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TRIZACK » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:42 am

supersaiyandoctor wrote:Can someone please respond to my question from a few pages back. I asked if the opening on Part 3 is the Engrish version that plays on Toonami?
Yes they have the full length Engrish version on part 3. Seems a little inconsistent they'd switch it up.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:47 pm

supersaiyandoctor wrote:
GTx10 wrote:Dragon Ball Super Part 3 blue ray has a English version of Chozetsu Dynamic. It is sung by the Japanese singer. (It is the opening)
Do you mean the Engrish version that plays on Toonami?
I'm unfamiliar with that version. (I only watch Super on Crunchyroll and the DVD/Blue Ray releases) But this English version of Dynamic is sung by the JPN singer (it is his voice) and has that distinct "EngRish" feel to it. Something a Funi Dub would not have.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

AwesomeEliyafeth

Post by AwesomeEliyafeth » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:28 pm

Anyone know if the FUNi Blu Rays have the original Japanese episode previews? I've only been watching the original Japanese version on Crunchyroll and I've been watching the dub on Cartoon Network (which omits these) but I haven't gotten around to collecting the Blu Rays because of this issue.

TRIZACK
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TRIZACK » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:28 pm

AwesomeEliyafeth wrote:Anyone know if the FUNi Blu Rays have the original Japanese episode previews? I've only been watching the original Japanese version on Crunchyroll and I've been watching the dub on Cartoon Network (which omits these) but I haven't gotten around to collecting the Blu Rays because of this issue.
Yes they do.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:27 pm

AwesomeEliyafeth wrote:Anyone know if the FUNi Blu Rays have the original Japanese episode previews? I've only been watching the original Japanese version on Crunchyroll and I've been watching the dub on Cartoon Network (which omits these) but I haven't gotten around to collecting the Blu Rays because of this issue.
Why wouldn't they? Just because Toonami doesn't use them (since they prefer to use their own versions & are a lot better in my opinion) doesn't mean FUNi won't.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:28 pm

Was Vegeta not calling Goku Kakarot fixed for the Blu-Ray?
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:34 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:Was Vegeta not calling Goku Kakarot fixed for the Blu-Ray?
I forgot about that. Rawly said that was fixed, too. Fingers crossed, but at this point, I'm not holding my breath.

TRIZACK
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TRIZACK » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:54 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:Was Vegeta not calling Goku Kakarot fixed for the Blu-Ray?
I forgot about that. Rawly said that was fixed, too. Fingers crossed, but at this point, I'm not holding my breath.
I believe it was, I do not remember Vegeta saying Goku while watching earlier. Like you I forgot he said Goku on the broadcast. When was it said again?

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:06 pm

TRIZACK wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:
I believe it was, I do not remember Vegeta saying Goku while watching earlier. Like you I forgot he said Goku on the broadcast. When was it said again?
Going off this clip it was when Frost transformed into his third form and passed it off as his final form. I don't remember the episode number but hopefully that still helps.
Scsigs wrote:
Why wouldn't they? Just because Toonami doesn't use them (since they prefer to use their own versions & are a lot better in my opinion) doesn't mean FUNi won't.
Omitting NEPs in this day and age is definitely not Funimation's style, but I could understand his concern since they don't include them on releases of the original 3 series. Anyway, yes, they are included at the end of each episode, and they have a dubbed version as well.
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

TRIZACK
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TRIZACK » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:50 am

Just rewatched the episode and the line was fixed. Vegeta now says Kakarot instead of Goku.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:06 am

TRIZACK wrote:Just rewatched the episode and the line was fixed. Vegeta now says Kakarot instead of Goku.
At least there's that then.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:56 am

Still wish they'd include reverse cover with a different character. Disc art is good though.

Anyway what colour scheme's do you think they'll use for the Trunks arc? I reckon Black, Pink and then Green for the last part of the arc (since they already used Blue for Part 3).

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:26 pm

Part 4 announced. Out June 16th. Cover art is pretty slick too:

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/974327873195651073
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:27 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:Part 4 announced. Out June 16th. Cover art is pretty slick too:

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/974327873195651073
Yeah, Trunks front & center like he should be. They'll probably use Vegito for either the next artwork, or the one afterwards, depending on if episode 66 is in it, but I don't believe it will. Hope it's used for "Season 2" as well when that eventually comes out.

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:43 pm

It absolutely sucks that part 4 is almost towards the end of June. I really think that is very slow on Funimations part. The Goku Black arc will be finished by this point that is way too long. :/