The stakes couldn't be higher yet there is no tension at all

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Regular

Re: The stakes couldn't be higher yet there is no tension at all

Post by AvatarReiko » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:05 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:There probably would be if there wasn't another set of Dragon Ball's as the prize capable of reviving everyone who dies by the time everything's said and done.
How do they use the drgaonballs if they all get erased?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:41 am

ekrolo2 wrote:There probably would be if there wasn't another set of Dragon Ball's as the prize capable of reviving everyone who dies by the time everything's said and done.
The Super DBs are the prize for winning and they're the most powerful set that can do anything. It's as obvious as can be that's what's gonna fix everything by the end.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:27 am

I agree to an extent. There is some tension, but not enough in my opinion. I don't know, maybe I am expecting too much but I just don't really feel the "if we lose the entire universe is going to be erased" vibe. I can even excuse Goku cause he tends to be shortsighted, but I don't feel it from the others either.
Like in the scene where everyone on Earth found out what the stakes are and one of their first complaints was the money lie Goku told them. :eh:
During a lot of the fights the players seem too relaxed. Not all, mind you. But it's kind of annoying watching them taking their sweet time with defeating opponents but not knocking them of the stage. I won't even mention Goku who's main preoccupation seems to be provoking Jiren to fight him, rather than defeating some scrubs he could easily wipe out.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:59 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
The Super DBs are the prize for winning and they're the most powerful set that can do anything. It's as obvious as can be that's what's gonna fix everything by the end.
So....U7 is going to win the tournament and wish all the other universes back?
How dreadfully dull. :yawn:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:54 am

SsjCookie wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
AvatarReiko wrote: How do they use the drgaonballs if they all get erased?
So....U7 is going to win the tournament and wish all the other universes back?
How dreadfully dull. :yawn:
It would be less so if GP said you can't revive the destroyed cuz that defeats the whole point of this entire arc if death doesn't but no such rule is in place. I fully except GP and Zeno to not care when it happens either.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:04 am

What bothers me the most is that no-one is willing to give those little shit Xeno's the middle finger. I mean, you're gonna get erased anyway, so what does it matter?

Nope - we're supposed to believe that everyone just bows their heads to accept the inevitable.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:51 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
I don't think you understand my question. How are they going to use the dragon if they are eliminated from the tourney and erased from existence?

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:34 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
AvatarReiko wrote: How do they use the drgaonballs if they all get erased?
I don't think you understand my question. How are they going to use the dragon if they are eliminated from the tourney and erased from existence?
The winning team will not be erased, assuming U7 wins, they are granted a wish from the super dragonballs from their universe.
The last man or team standing will make that wish, and we better hope that it will not be Freeza doing the wishing.

The losing teams are at the mercy of the winning team here.

And if U7 loses, well.....they're F@#%T

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:47 am

SsjCookie wrote:
The winning team will not be erased, assuming U7 wins, they are granted a wish from the super dragonballs from their universe.
The last man or team standing will make that wish, and we better hope that it will not be Freeza doing the wishing.

They're are no one's mercy since the loser don't exist anymore.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:50 am

HeroR wrote:
SsjCookie wrote:

They're are no one's mercy since the loser don't exist anymore.
They are at the mercy of the winning team since the winner is the only one who can bring them back and U7 are the only one's inclined to do it. Nobody else well and fuck , even U7 isn't entirely safe cause of Freeza but Super doesn't have the balls to have him win and screw over a multiverse spanning revival. That's too interesting to actually happen.