Is lasting longer in the tournament a feat on its own?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Is lasting longer in the tournament a feat on its own?

Post by omaro34 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:54 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Considering that the team with the most amount of opponents left wins the tournament and saves their universe, I guess so, yeah. It has to be feat in that regard. Especially considering how much competition there is.
Yeah it would be just smarter to stand around and hide like a Yoshi in Super Smash brothers in a stock match when everyone else is fighting and Yoshi is relaxing in the corner of a large stage.

Just wait till the time expires and you win. No need to fight unless someone attacks you. That'd be my mentality.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:47 am

Ten was confident but that doesn't mean much, since Ten also doesn't know the level of strength Piccolo is at himself. Goku told him to go for Piccolo because Goku wanted to take on Gohan himself. Hell, Goku had to tell Ten to attack the dude who is stationary instead of trying to attack Gohan. That would have been the smart thing. We would have gotten something more concrete had Ten tried attacking Piccolo from the start. Ten being alert and in bounds didn't really mean much. He was prevented from doing literally anything that entire sparring match, all by one guy who had most of his focus on fighting Ten's partner than Ten himself.

That's the problem, you can't actually prove it'd work on Piccolo. Not only that, what is stopping Piccolo from just blitzing Ten? It's what I'm saying. Unless Ten's opponent is an idiot and just going to stand and get caught, or get caught off guard like how Cell was, how is he tagging an SSJ2 level fighter?
Gohan wouldnt have been so intent on not letting Tien attack Piccolo. Piccolo wouldnt be able to blitz Tien the way Gohan did. Hell Tien was faster than Goku when they rushed Gohan Piccolo.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:26 am

It is an important one, the universe with most warriors wins. Let's say hipothetically that in the end remain Goku, Jiren, Hit, Damon and Gamisarasu. Then U4 wins.

Resisting is a contribution to the team itself. Now, eliminating other warriors is crucial too.

So what is more important, resisting more time or eliminating more opponents? Both things are important.
Heno heno kappa!