Piccolo vs potentially evil U6 Namekians

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Re: Piccolo vs potentially evil U6 Namekians

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:35 pm

Piccolo won't get any transformation and he will not merge with the other nameks, because, he still would be very far from ssj god let alone ssj blue.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:57 pm

Not that I believe it will happen, but I could see a potential assimilation with the U6 Namekians enabling Piccolo to surpass SSJ3 Goku. It would put him in a better position than where Future Trunks was at in relation to Goku and Vegeta during the beginning of the previous arc. In context of this arc, he could handle almost everyone except the strongest competitors of the tournament.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:Piccolo won't get any transformation and he will not merge with the other nameks, because, he still would be very far from ssj god let alone ssj blue.
Lionel wrote:Not that I believe it will happen, but I could see a potential assimilation with the U6 Namekians enabling Piccolo to surpass SSJ3 Goku. It would put him in a better position than where Future Trunks was at in relation to Goku and Vegeta during the beginning of the previous arc. In context of this arc, he could handle almost everyone except the strongest competitors of the tournament.
If Piccolo fuses or there is some kind of unkown Namekian form he will definitely be stronger than everyone before Goku gets another form.

Shi_Neko13
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Shi_Neko13 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Kanassa wrote:
BWri wrote:I honestly hope they're all Mazoku as a callback to Daimao. I'd love to see those elements brought back into the show. Maybe one of them is the Daimao of U6 and can spawn children as well. That would be dope.
Actually, I wonder.... Can Piccolo spit out family members like his father? I mean, that's why Cell could do it, right? Because that'd probably have been useful in the past...
Y'know what, I have never even wondered why Cell could make them I just always thought "okay there's little blue Cells now, Toriyama loves making up crazy shit huh", I have never heard anyone suggest it was Piccolo's ability (the more common one referenced being his regeneration), but that totally makes sense!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:24 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
If Piccolo fuses or there is some kind of unkown Namekian form he will definitely be stronger than everyone before Goku gets another form.
I doubt that. Piccolo fusing before didn't even put him over the mid-tier in the arc that he did the fusion. So saying he would be above everyone except Goku's new form, yeah that's pushing it.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:24 am

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
I doubt that. Piccolo fusing before didn't even put him over the mid-tier in the arc that he did the fusion. So saying he would be above everyone except Goku's new form, yeah that's pushing it.
Didn't Piccolo become the strongest Z fighter both times he fused?

I worded it wrong and meant sometime in a future arc he becomes the strongest and before the arc is over Goku is back on top.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:30 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Didn't Piccolo become the strongest Z fighter both times he fused?

I worded it wrong and meant sometime in a future arc he becomes the strongest and before the arc is over Goku is back on top.
Strongest Z-Fighter in the Cell Saga, yet he was only even to 17 and would have been wasted by 16. Even worse, he probably would have lost to 17 thanks to his endless stamina. Then the Saiyans laughably outclassed him again even after he used the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. The same thing happened in the Freeza Saga where for all his power, he was still only even with second form Freeza. Overall, Piccolo's best power-ups happened when he just trains like his jump between the Freeza Saga and the Android Saga and this current arc where he was weaker than base form Gohan in the Resurrection 'F' Saga to strangling Super Saiyan 2 Gohan.

I still don't see him being the strongest even in a future arc even after Goku. At best, he would be around 17.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:56 am

I just want Piccolo to get to Goku's level again. If he fuses with both U6 Namekians he should definitely be able to reach, if not surpass, Blue Goku.
It's also strange that he's been sort of relevant until this point but he still hasn't received a major power-up. He was there during RoF arc, was a competitor during the U6 tournament and was the one to suggest the Mafuba in the FT arc.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:01 am

emperior wrote:I just want Piccolo to get to Goku's level again. If he fuses with both U6 Namekians he should definitely be able to reach, if not surpass, Blue Goku.
It's also strange that he's been sort of relevant until this point but he still hasn't received a major power-up. He was there during RoF arc, was a competitor during the U6 tournament and was the one to suggest the Mafuba in the FT arc.
I would rather have something new than another fusion so these Namekians can be rivals.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:08 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
emperior wrote:I just want Piccolo to get to Goku's level again. If he fuses with both U6 Namekians he should definitely be able to reach, if not surpass, Blue Goku.
I would rather have something new than another fusion so these Namekians can be rivals.
I too would but it's more likely that the fusion happens if something happens at all. If Toriyama wanted Piccolo to power-up then he probably told Toei/Toyotaro to come up with two Namekians from U6 to fuse with Piccolo. It might also be purely Toei's idea though but I doubt it as Toriyama might want to use Piccolo again in the future. The point is that if those Namekians were important characters like U6 Saiyans then I think Toriyama would have designed at least one of them, and I don't think it's the case (because of purple spots which Toriyama usually makes yellowish). The Slug-like one is surely not from Toriyama.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:18 am

emperior wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
I too would but it's more likely that the fusion happens if something happens at all. If Toriyama wanted Piccolo to power-up then he probably told Toei/Toyotaro to come up with two Namekians from U6 to fuse with Piccolo. It might also be purely Toei's idea though but I doubt it as Toriyama might want to use Piccolo again in the future. The point is that if those Namekians were important characters like U6 Saiyans then I think Toriyama would have designed at least one of them, and I don't think it's the case (because of purple spots which Toriyama usually makes yellowish). The Slug-like one is surely not from Toriyama.
I doubt Toriyama would let Toei design any Universe 6 characters due to their importance. I am sure Toriyama has drawn Piccolo with pink muscles before outside the manga. Toriyama stole the Broly design for Kale so he obviously has just stole the Lord Slug Design.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:44 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
emperior wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
I doubt Toriyama would let Toei design any Universe 6 characters due to their importance. I am sure Toriyama has drawn Piccolo with pink muscles before outside the manga. Toriyama stole the Broly design for Kale so he obviously has just stole the Lord Slug Design.
Everything points out to Kale being designed by Toyotaro (him being a Broly fanboy and Kale resembling a My Hero Academia character, which Toyo is a fan of) and I think Toriyama would gladly commission Toei/Toyotaro to design 2 U6 Namekians if they end up fusing with Piccolo. Toriyama obviously supervises the designs, but he clearly didn't design all the ToP fighters.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:49 am

emperior wrote:
Everything points out to Kale being designed by Toyotaro (him being a Broly fanboy and Kale resembling a My Hero Academia character, which Toyo is a fan of) and I think Toriyama would gladly commission Toei/Toyotaro to design 2 U6 Namekians if they end up fusing with Piccolo. Toriyama obviously supervises the designs, but he clearly didn't design all the ToP fighters.[/quote]

Piccolo fusing with 2 more Namekians just seems ridiculous since he will have 5 people in him then.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:17 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
emperior wrote:
Everything points out to Kale being designed by Toyotaro (him being a Broly fanboy and Kale resembling a My Hero Academia character, which Toyo is a fan of) and I think Toriyama would gladly commission Toei/Toyotaro to design 2 U6 Namekians if they end up fusing with Piccolo. Toriyama obviously supervises the designs, but he clearly didn't design all the ToP fighters.
Piccolo fusing with 2 more Namekians just seems ridiculous since he will have 5 people in him then.[/quote]

All he needs is Kaioken dammit! Just give him Kaioken. Why hasn't he sought it out yet? Should've done it: In the 7 years of peace before Buu, after he died in the Buu saga, just after the Buu saga ended/before Beerus, after Frieza killed him in RoF (perfect time), in preparation for U6 tourney, after U6 tourney (U6 -- pre-ToP). The fact that he turned down three years of training with Goku and Vegeta shows that the three T's haven't put much thought into powering Piccolo up.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:24 pm

BWri wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
emperior wrote:
Piccolo fusing with 2 more Namekians just seems ridiculous since he will have 5 people in him then.
All he needs is Kaioken dammit! Just give him Kaioken. Why hasn't he sought it out yet? Should've done it: In the 7 years of peace before Buu, after he died in the Buu saga, just after the Buu saga ended/before Beerus, after Frieza killed him in RoF (perfect time), in preparation for U6 tourney, after U6 tourney (U6 -- pre-ToP). The fact that he turned down three years of training with Goku and Vegeta shows that the three T's haven't put much thought into powering Piccolo up.[/quote]

We know they have been lacking but it looks like they are changing and Piccolo will hopefully get something in the future and has already got a power up as well before the tournament. If these Namekians end up doing nothing then Toriyama must be crazy.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:26 pm

emperior wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
emperior wrote: I too would but it's more likely that the fusion happens if something happens at all. If Toriyama wanted Piccolo to power-up then he probably told Toei/Toyotaro to come up with two Namekians from U6 to fuse with Piccolo. It might also be purely Toei's idea though but I doubt it as Toriyama might want to use Piccolo again in the future. The point is that if those Namekians were important characters like U6 Saiyans then I think Toriyama would have designed at least one of them, and I don't think it's the case (because of purple spots which Toriyama usually makes yellowish). The Slug-like one is surely not from Toriyama.
This sounds like something I would say lol.

But anyways, I don't think Toei themselves designs any characters without Toyotaro/Toriyama input.
Feels over Reals.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:02 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
BWri wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: Everything points out to Kale being designed by Toyotaro (him being a Broly fanboy and Kale resembling a My Hero Academia character, which Toyo is a fan of) and I think Toriyama would gladly commission Toei/Toyotaro to design 2 U6 Namekians if they end up fusing with Piccolo. Toriyama obviously supervises the designs, but he clearly didn't design all the ToP fighters.
All he needs is Kaioken dammit! Just give him Kaioken. Why hasn't he sought it out yet? Should've done it: In the 7 years of peace before Buu, after he died in the Buu saga, just after the Buu saga ended/before Beerus, after Frieza killed him in RoF (perfect time), in preparation for U6 tourney, after U6 tourney (U6 -- pre-ToP). The fact that he turned down three years of training with Goku and Vegeta shows that the three T's haven't put much thought into powering Piccolo up.
We know they have been lacking but it looks like they are changing and Piccolo will hopefully get something in the future and has already got a power up as well before the tournament. If these Namekians end up doing nothing then Toriyama must be crazy.[/quote]

They've burned me on the idea of Piccolo getting anything so many times that its now a "believe it when I see it" situation for me. They've been constantly powering him up throughout Super from what I've noticed, but it's always so he's just above fodder tier. It's honestly no fun. We'll see, if he does anything of note in this tournament, I'll be satisifed, powerup or no.

The U6 Namekians are a tossup. They could end up being really important (which they should be with all this mystery) or they could be totally inconsequential as I'm fearing they might be.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:31 am

Champa must have been really impressed with Piccolo in the last tournament just like he was with the Saiyans to have got 2 Namekians in his team.

BellBlitzKing

Post by BellBlitzKing » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:23 pm

Piccolo deserves a power-up. He has high potential for growth due to exceptional details in his origins:
  • 'Hidden Power' in lineage: Piccolo shares the spirit of the Nameless Namekian whom we are told was stronger than Frieza before his power level fell when he split into two beings. Further, the father of the Nameless Namekian was Katas, a Namekian genius whom Guru greatly respected and existed before the shift on Namek when they were far stronger overall.
  • Piccolo needs to hardness his Dragon Clan roots but he's also a fantastic Warrior who inherited wisdom, power and strength from his fusion with Kami. He needs to maximize on this.
  • Universe 6 secrets: the alternate Namek. Our U7 Namekians are weak. The huge climate shift wiped out much of the population, including their strongest Dragon Clan warriors, plus causing loss of knowledge/powers. As our twin universe, this might not have happened in Universe 6. Just like U6 Saiyans were not space pirates and evolved without tails. What would the Namekians be like without the climate shift extinction? They once had advanced tech/ships plus great strength. Using the Freeza-tier power of the Nameless Namekian as an example, they might have become more powerful as a race. Universe 6 Namek may be the result of this alternate path of history, meaning many secrets to be learned from a high tier of Namekians.
  • Ki Control is also his Key to power. SSJ Blue is about Ki control---letting none of it leak outside his body. Piccolo often does intense meditation, balancing his internal powers and energies. Both Jiren and Frieza are both shown using intense mental training and meditation, which can lead to power increases/controlled levels of Ki. Who else practices intense meditation, mental battles and Ki control----Piccolo can maximize on this just as Goku has many times before.
Listen to my DBZ music on YouTube: YouTube Playlist
Join me on Twitter: @BellBlitzKing or Email: BellBlitzKing@gmail.com

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:44 pm

It would be easy to give Piccolo enough of a power hike for him to stand proudly amongst the top ranks once again. Just have him train with Whis behind the scenes, give him a potential unlock, plus equip him with Kaioken and you have a Super Namekian God who has a chance at maintaining consistent pace with the Saiyans. Kaioken was never explored in much depth, certainly not to the same degree as the Saiyan transformations were. If the Super Saiyan barrier can be frequently broken through then why can't the same idea apply to Kaioken? Goku already proved that it was possible when he normalised Kaioken usage and raised the multiplier from a maximum of x4 to x20 between the Saiyan and Freeza arcs. Greater Ki control should theoretically enable the user to maintain the Kaioken for longer periods of time and at higher levels. I would like to see if the Kaioken couldn't be raised to even greater plateaus like x50, x100, x200, ect.