Piccolo vs potentially evil U6 Namekians

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Piccolo vs potentially evil U6 Namekians

Post by larzooma » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:43 am

What do you think about the possibly of:

1. The U6 Namekians are evil.
2. Powerful U6 Namekians can forcefully merge with other Namekians.
3. Unlike the coexistence of each person within the single Namekian, the sheer level of power possesed by the Namekian forcing the merger allows them to dominate those they merge with leaving them unchanged.
4. The two Namekians on the U6 team acheived a level of power well beyond what we've seen thus far from a U7 Namekian, including Piccolo.
5. As part of Piccolo's story in the tournament, he reaches new levels of power to compete with one or both of them.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Piccolo vs potentially evil U6 Namekians

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:52 am

larzooma wrote:What do you think about the possibly of:

3. Unlike the coexistence of each person within the single Namekian, the sheer level of power possesed by the Namekian forcing the merger allows them to dominate those they merge with leaving them unchanged.
4. The two Namekians on the U6 team acheived a level of power well beyond what we've seen thus far from a U7 Namekian, including Piccolo.
5. As part of Piccolo's story in the tournament, he reaches new levels of power to compete with one or both of them.
1. Very possible. I mean, the saiyans of U6 are good, so it stands to reason that the Namekians may be evil.
2. Eh...nah. But I can imagine them fusing with each other in the tournament.
3. Now you're just sharing your own story ideas.
4. It's possible, but seeing how this arc is going, it does not matter who they fight from U7; they will fight on par with any of them. If they fight Piccolo, they will be equals. If they fight Android 17, they will be equals. If they fight Master Roshi, they will be equals. Power levels aren't a thing.
5. lol.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:01 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:

1. Very possible. I mean, the saiyans of U6 are good, so it stands to reason that the Namekians may be evil.
4. It's possible, but seeing how this arc is going, it does not matter who they fight from U7; they will fight on par with any of them. If they fight Piccolo, they will be equals. If they fight Android 17, they will be equals. If they fight Master Roshi, they will be equals. Power levels aren't a thing.
5. lol.
Of course it's a story idea with part of idea based on evidence of what we've seen from the Sayians, and part of it based on an ability Namekian's possess allowing them to make large increases in power. I threw in the notion of them maintaining their identity because it wouldn't make a lot of sense forcing a merger on someone knowing that person will become a part of your consciousness altering your identity. In the way Piccolo maintains his identity as the far stronger person in both mergers, a Namekian from U6 would only force a merger in a situation without risking their identity.

I don't know why 5 is "lol". Piccolo's already demonstrated he's achieved a pretty substantial increase in power as of the ToP. I think the power level of fighters from other universes are dynamic based on their opponent, given there's no previous measuring stick to compare their current level. I think power levels still apply to the U7, U6, and U11 fighters we've seen in action, and have the ability to gauge compared to what we've seen from the characters thus far.

The Namekians would need to display a level of power unexpectedly high given what we've seen of U7 Namekians. Piccolo is already a one off exception. They would need to demonstrate the ability to compete with the characters known to be powerful to set up the level of power Piccolo needs to achieve to defeat the pair. It's about time he gets a little attention, and possibly gets an episode or two dedicated to his role in the tournament. I think the inclusion of new Namekian warriors is the perfect opportunity.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:37 am

larzooma wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:

5. lol.
Of course it's a story idea with part of idea based on evidence of what we've seen from the Sayians, and part of it based on an ability Namekian's possess allowing them to make large increases in power. I threw in the notion of them maintaining their identity because it wouldn't make a lot of sense forcing a merger on someone knowing that person will become a part of your consciousness altering your identity. In the way Piccolo maintains his identity as the far stronger person in both mergers, a Namekian from U6 would only force a merger in a situation without risking their identity.

I don't know why 5 is "lol". Piccolo's already demonstrated he's achieved a pretty substantial increase in power as of the ToP. I think the power level of fighters from other universes are dynamic based on their opponent, given there's no previous measuring stick to compare their current level. I think power levels still apply to the U7, U6, and U11 fighters we've seen in action, and have the ability to gauge compared to what we've seen from the characters thus far.

The Namekians would need to display a level of power unexpectedly high given what we've seen of U7 Namekians. Piccolo is already a one off exception. They would need to demonstrate the ability to compete with the characters known to be powerful to set up the level of power Piccolo needs to achieve to defeat the pair. It's about time he gets a little attention, and possibly gets an episode or two dedicated to his role in the tournament. I think the inclusion of new Namekian warriors is the perfect opportunity.
I never said it was a bad story idea, just that you can't expect something you come up with to actually occur in the show. You asked what I think the possibility of that happening is. Well, I don't see it happening. Super seldom plays with any established lore from DBZ.

This is Super. Nobody not named Goku or Vegeta get any new power-ups outside of bs power scaling from "training." I can expect Piccolo fighting on par with them from the start or getting his ass whupped, only to be saved by Gohan.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:13 am

While I deeply hope for Piccolo to interact with the U6 Namekians just as Goku and Vegeta were permitted to establish personable tires with the U6 Saiyans, I'm not going to outright dismiss the possibility him never coming across them. Should they meet, I would expect for some personal banter to be exchanged. Piccolo has never really been shown to interact directly with other Namekians apart from Nail and Dende. It would be an amazing opportunity for him to explore the society of U6 and how it respectively evolved. Any power increases from merging are almost impossible to occur for Piccolo, in my opinion. Saonel and Pirina might be possible, though.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:32 pm

larzooma wrote:1. The U6 Namekians are evil.
While it's an interesting idea, it wouldn't work in a saga like this. We need to go to Namekusei and learn more about them there, then explore the concept of evil Namekuseijins. Hopefully that happens and they take ideas from Dragon Ball Online.
larzooma wrote:4. The two Namekians on the U6 team acheived a level of power well beyond what we've seen thus far from a U7 Namekian, including Piccolo.
Hopefully that is the case, which leads to...
larzooma wrote:5. As part of Piccolo's story in the tournament, he reaches new levels of power to compete with one or both of them.
... Not just new level of power, but a new form Piccolo learns from the Universe 6 Namekuseijins. He is the one who truly need a transformation, and if we're lucky, the design would be superb.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:47 pm

Grimlock wrote:
larzooma wrote:1. The U6 Namekians are evil.
While it's an interesting idea, it wouldn't work in a saga like this. We need to go to Namekusei and learn more about them there, then explore the concept of evil Namekuseijins. Hopefully that happens and they take ideas from Dragon Ball Online.
larzooma wrote:4. The two Namekians on the U6 team acheived a level of power well beyond what we've seen thus far from a U7 Namekian, including Piccolo.
Hopefully that is the case, which leads to...
larzooma wrote:5. As part of Piccolo's story in the tournament, he reaches new levels of power to compete with one or both of them.
... Not just new level of power, but a new form Piccolo learns from the Universe 6 Namekuseijins. He is the one who truly need a transformation, and if we're lucky, the design would be superb.
Honestly, giving Piccolo a transformation with a modest multiplier would instantly bring him within range of the upper tier U7 fighters. He;s incredibly powerful for a character with only a base form. He's well above the Sayians in base form, and Goku and Vegeta spent a good portion of Super developing their base power. I'd like to see a new form with a cool design. Even if they simply introduce the "red-eyed" variation of Namekian from the DB Hero games, I'd excuse the minor design effort in favor of a good power increase.

I agree they won't have time develop a detailed backstory for the characters, but a simple display of power accompanied by an explanation on how they reached their current level could happen. If not, it may lead to a possible story line during a later arc. I think there's good reason for a number of U7 characters to travel to U6 to learn more about their counterparts.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:07 pm

I don't know if the Universe 6 Namekians are evil. But I would sure love to see Piccolo get some screentime and meet these Namekians. The writers could create a really good tag battle between Piccolo and Gohan vs the U6 Namekians and give Piccolo a good showing
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:20 pm

I honestly hope they're all Mazoku as a callback to Daimao. I'd love to see those elements brought back into the show. Maybe one of them is the Daimao of U6 and can spawn children as well. That would be dope.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:00 pm

I want these Namekians to be a lot stronger than Piccolo. I've said it many times, Piccolos character went from being hardcore to being border line sad.. remember he stepped up to Vegeta to protect Gohan? Remember when he fused with kami and was actually cool ? Now he's like a old dog waiting for his last days.

I wsnt these Nameks to awaken the warrior spirit in Piccolo. I think Kami needs to be put to bed inside Piccolo because his personality has destroyed the great Piccolo we all loved. Let these super Nameks show Piccolo what it's like to be a warrior.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:16 pm

BWri wrote:I honestly hope they're all Mazoku as a callback to Daimao. I'd love to see those elements brought back into the show. Maybe one of them is the Daimao of U6 and can spawn children as well. That would be dope.
Actually, I wonder.... Can Piccolo spit out family members like his father? I mean, that's why Cell could do it, right? Because that'd probably have been useful in the past...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

BWri

Post by BWri » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:34 pm

Kanassa wrote:
BWri wrote:I honestly hope they're all Mazoku as a callback to Daimao. I'd love to see those elements brought back into the show. Maybe one of them is the Daimao of U6 and can spawn children as well. That would be dope.
Actually, I wonder.... Can Piccolo spit out family members like his father? I mean, that's why Cell could do it, right? Because that'd probably have been useful in the past...
I think it's because Daimou was technically a member of the Dragon Clan. Piccolo Jr. is a confirmed warrior/fighter class, so he loses out on many of the powers that his father and Kami possessed ... at least that's how I see it. Otherwise it's just a case of another fighter losing/forgetting an "bad guy" technique when they become good.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:04 pm

I think they will be The Universe 6 Namekians will hopefully have a transformation that has not yet happened in Universe 7 just like how there had never been a Super Saiyan in Universe 6 before. Namekian God form will do and should make up from the nonsense we have had in Super.

I would like to see a the 2 Namekians to do a 2 vs 1 against Piccolo.

I want Piccolo to already have the form and he gained it after advice from Whis who found out about it.

If the Universe 6 Namekians are just plain normal Namekians then that would be extremely disappointing and a wasted opportunity. If they are just normal Namekians then a future fusion will probably happen so either way Piccolo will get a major power up that will take make him the most power warrior sometime in the future.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:43 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:I think they will be The Universe 6 Namekians will hopefully have a transformation that has not yet happened in Universe 7 just like how there had never been a Super Saiyan in Universe 6 before. Namekian God form will do and should make up from the nonsense we have had in Super.

I want Piccolo to already have the form and he gained it after advice from Whis who found out about it.

If the Universe 6 Namekians are just plain normal Namekians then that would be extremely disappointing and a wasted opportunity. If they are just normal Namekians then a future fusion will probably happen so either way Piccolo will get a major power up that will take make him the most power warrior sometime in the future.
Has Piccolo even talked to Whis since Battle of Gods?

And I hope these Namekians are not fusion fodder for Piccolo unless Piccolo is the one absorbed.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:46 pm

Fun Fact - Piccolo is the only person in this franchise to have legitimately pissed off Whis in the past.

I don't think they talk much.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:56 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Fun Fact - Piccolo is the only person in this franchise to have legitimately pissed off Whis in the past.

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:I think they will be The Universe 6 Namekians will hopefully have a transformation that has not yet happened in Universe 7 just like how there had never been a Super Saiyan in Universe 6 before. Namekian God form will do and should make up from the nonsense we have had in Super.

And I hope these Namekians are not fusion fodder for Piccolo unless Piccolo is the one absorbed.
It could be Beerus' idea since he knows he will get destroyed if Universe 7 loses and it would be an unusual surprise and maybe why Piccolo has already got stronger before going 100% later in the tournament.

They need to be Piccolo's rivals and I do not want them to fuse. There could easily be a new transformation that would not look out of place.

I expect the Namekians to only be second to Hit on team Universe 6 and to not fight until near the end of the tournament because what would be the point of them being hidden and revealed so late compared to others.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:17 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Fun Fact - Piccolo is the only person in this franchise to have legitimately pissed off Whis in the past.

HeroR wrote:

It could be Beerus' idea since he knows he will get destroyed if Universe 7 loses and it would be an unusual surprise and maybe why Piccolo has already got stronger before going 100% later in the tournament.

They need to be Piccolo's rivals and I do not want them to fuse. There could easily be a new transformation that would not look out of place.

I expect the Namekians to only be second to Hit on team Universe 6 and to not fight until near the end of the tournament because what would be the point of them being hidden and revealed so late compared to others.
But Beerus was so lazy he chose no one for the team. He literally just stressed ate and complained.

They maybe strong, but not seeing them being second to Hit.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:19 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:I expect the Namekians to only be second to Hit on team Universe 6
There is little to no reason to come to that conclusion
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:26 pm

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

HeroR wrote:

But Beerus was so lazy he chose no one for the team. He literally just stressed ate and complained.

They maybe strong, but not seeing them being second to Hit.
I'm leaning to agree with Hero on this, but it still doesn't explain why they revealed nearly everyone and kept those Namekians hidden for so long. We haven't even seen them on screen yet, and we've seen everyone else in universe six. That leads me to believe they will play a role in this arc.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Kanassa wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:I expect the Namekians to only be second to Hit on team Universe 6
There is little to no reason to come to that conclusion
My reason is because they have been revealed so late and were completely hidden until we saw them in episode 102 which some people didn't even notice. I feel that Universe 6 are lacking with the team members we already know about compared to Universe 7.