What's up with Tenshinhan this arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: What's up with Tenshinhan this arc?

Post by precita » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:09 pm

Doctor. wrote:
precita wrote:Judging by the upcoming eps/summaries it doesn't seem like Tenshinhan gets focus anytime soon.

I guess the best you can hope for is he's treated similar to Krillin where he gets to take down at least 1-2 characters on his own.
The number of fighters is dwindling with each episode. That seems less and less likely.
There's still a few jobber designs left. I forgot the universe number but the one with all those green fighters from, the one Krillin knocked out the two wolf/fox people on. Tien will probably fight members from that one.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:21 am

Well next week's Roshi episode doesn't seem to involve Tenshinhan which is a shame. Would have been nice to see him and Roshi working together, but I guess not.

At this point I guess Tenshinhan is only there for those two invisible fights and not much else. He's been so forgettable in the tournament, I really wish we got Buu instead of him.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:46 am

precita wrote:Well next week's Roshi episode doesn't seem to involve Tenshinhan which is a shame. Would have been nice to see him and Roshi working together, but I guess not.

At this point I guess Tenshinhan is only there for those two invisible fights and not much else. He's been so forgettable in the tournament, I really wish we got Buu instead of him.
Boo VS Ribrianne would have been fun.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:38 am

Unfortunately this is true. I would have liked to see him take a shot at one of the stronger fighters of the tournament -- Ribrianne, Nink, Cabba or Caulifa would have been acceptable. Watching him use the Kikoho and Mafuba would have been the opportune means for claiming an unexpected victory over one of them. I would have been satisfied with Tenshinhan's participation then.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:44 am

Lionel wrote:Unfortunately this is true. I would have liked to see him take a shot at one of the stronger fighters of the tournament -- Ribrianne, Nink, Cabba or Caulifa would have been acceptable. Watching him use the Kikoho and Mafuba would have been the opportune means for claiming an unexpected victory over one of them. I would have been satisfied with Tenshinhan's participation then.
No one even knows what he is going to do yet so he might still fight someone strong.

Watch the multiform and 4 arm techniques come in to play in his upcoming fights.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:18 pm

Problem is Tenshinhan is likely just going to get some low-key fights and be treated similar to the way Krillin was, probably knocked out in the same episode that focuses on him.

Buu should have been used over either Tien/Roshi. Buu's fighting gimmicks, fun personality, and unpredictable behavior would have made him far more fun to watch in this tournament. Not even counting how powerful he is, I would have loved to see him go up against Pride Troopers or Ribianne, etc.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Its funny how people dont see paterns. People love to hate on Tenshinhan. When him and Piccolo have done the same so far. Gohan jist got time to shine. Super cant show you what every fighters is doing in one episode. Last episode we didnt see Vegeta,17,18,Piccolo,Gohan,Roshi, Freeza or Tien. Did I expect Tien to be in battle every episode? No. But if hes meant to last long. His sprinkled of time has been good. The pattern for the 2nd tier characters is they will get a episode about them before being eliminated. Tien is lasting a long time so this topic is premature. Roshi has his showing next week. If we get a 3 or 4 episode leak we will know more of who will be after that.

In the end if you consider him Earthling he would have again been the most impressive one.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:59 pm

Roshi needs to go in order for Tien to do something. Otherwise he'll just keep saying "That's our Master Roshi sama!" till he gets knocked out.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:30 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:Roshi needs to go in order for Tien to do something. Otherwise he'll just keep saying "That's our Master Roshi sama!" till he gets knocked out.
Encouraging a long since retired master whos holding his own is nothing to poked fun of. Its Pride in your past, pride in your universe and proud of being a pupil, friends and comrade of Roshi.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:47 pm

Tien is going to make the last 40 fighters and wouldn't be surprised if he makes the last 30 or 20.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:09 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:Roshi needs to go in order for Tien to do something. Otherwise he'll just keep saying "That's our Master Roshi sama!" till he gets knocked out.
Encouraging a long since retired master whos holding his own is nothing to poked fun of. Its Pride in your past, pride in your universe and proud of being a pupil, friends and comrade of Roshi.
He should get time to shine on his own rather than always being with Roshi is what I was saying. His only elimination so far is due to Roshi's assist.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:44 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:Tien is going to make the last 40 fighters and wouldn't be surprised if he makes the last 30 or 20.
How long he lasts doesn't make a difference if he's not doing anything. Tenshinhan only has one on-screen moment of doing something so far, using his blast to knock out that one character with Roshi. If we don't see him in an episode or he's in the background, how long he lasts makes no difference.

It's all about wins or feats while you're there.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:57 pm

precita wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Tien is going to make the last 40 fighters and wouldn't be surprised if he makes the last 30 or 20.
How long he lasts doesn't make a difference if he's not doing anything. Tenshinhan only has one on-screen moment of doing something so far, using his blast to knock out that one character with Roshi. If we don't see him in an episode or he's in the background, how long he lasts makes no difference.

Frieza, Piccolo and Tien must be doing really bad then.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:51 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
precita wrote:

Frieza, Piccolo and Tien must be doing really bad then.
Frieza already has two eliminations and we've seen him easily beat several other fighters.

Piccolo, like Tien, has got little screentime, but unlike Tien he actually had a fight.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:13 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:
He should get time to shine on his own rather than always being with Roshi is what I was saying. His only elimination so far is due to Roshi's assist.
The only elimination Roshi has is due to Krillins assist. Whats your point? Lol You sound dunce and looking for a reason to hate. You talk as the tournament is over. The reason why Tien and Piccolo have not been show cased because their time has not come. Each episode is about 2 minutes in tournament time. Everyone was so polarized by the badly written recruitment arc. Saying Tien would be first eliminated. Hes not even second eliminated.

Hmm would I rather him be 1st eliminated with 2 assist and 1 elimination. Or would I rather have him contributing and surviving the meat and potatoes of the the tournament? You are setting yourself up for embarrassment. Its clear everyone will get their time. Even Toshio said Tien will do something cool wait for it.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:23 pm

Problem is Tien will likely get knocked out in his spotlight ep, similar to Krillin. Piccolo is bound to fight those other two Nameks eventually so he's going to be around for a lot longer.

There's also not that many throwaway designs in the tournament left for them to defeat, so if Tien doesn't beat someone soon the last remaining fighters will be too powerful.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:14 am

precita wrote:Problem is Tien will likely get knocked out in his spotlight ep, similar to Krillin. Piccolo is bound to fight those other two Nameks eventually so he's going to be around for a lot longer.

There's also not that many throwaway designs in the tournament left for them to defeat, so if Tien doesn't beat someone soon the last remaining fighters will be too powerful.
What makes you think Piccolo wont have be eliminated in his spot light episode? Why would Piccolo be the one to knock out the Namekians and not the other way around? You also predicate your belief that Tien must be given throw away fighters. Your preconcieved want for him to fail is what holds you back from thinking bigger.

There are 34 fighters left that are not U7 members. Even if the number was 14 and he still was in it he can eliminate someone. Did you Think Yajorobi would be the one to deal a major blow to Vegeta? No.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:36 am

But that's all I'm expecting. Tenshinhan to take out maybe 2 fighters at most, but then go down. Which is fine I guess, he like the other humans such as Krillin and Roshi were never going to get that much spotlight to begin with. They mostly just feel like they're here to finish off the 10 character quota because Toriyama has some dislike of Buu for some reason.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:22 am

JulianStyles wrote:
precita wrote:Problem is Tien will likely get knocked out in his spotlight ep, similar to Krillin. Piccolo is bound to fight those other two Nameks eventually so he's going to be around for a lot longer.

What makes you think Piccolo wont have be eliminated in his spot light episode?
No one said he wouldn't, just that his spot light episode is more likely to happen after Tien's. I mean, I think it's kinds bad if they're going the expected elimination order, Krillin, Master Roshi,Tien, 18, Piccolo being the first half. 18 might actually stick around longer because I expect them to user her more because of 17.

I'm really hoping for a good episode for Tien. In the end I don't mind who gets eliminated when, as long as they get a good, satisfying (well animated! ) fight.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:46 am

JulianStyles wrote:

What makes you think Piccolo wont have be eliminated in his spot light episode? Why would Piccolo be the one to knock out the Namekians and not the other way around? You also predicate your belief that Tien must be given throw away fighters. Your preconcieved want for him to fail is what holds you back from thinking bigger.

There are 34 fighters left that are not U7 members. Even if the number was 14 and he still was in it he can eliminate someone. Did you Think Yajorobi would be the one to deal a major blow to Vegeta? No.
Just beacuse someone is having a episode focused on them does not mean they are going out. There is no reason why Tien can't outlast Vegeta in the tournament. Gohan had an episode focused on him and he didn't go out so why should think that no one else will survive? Do not say because he is 'relevant', he is no more relevant than Tien.

The put down of Tien is just stupid and too many people just want him to fail so they can make a joke out of his character and it is just ridiculous.

The put down of Piccolo is even more ridiculous and I can not see any evidence why people think he won't be there during the later stages of the tournament.