Do you think Cus is the only angel who is emotionally attached to her universe?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Euoplocephalus

Do you think Cus is the only angel who is emotionally attached to her universe?

Post by Euoplocephalus » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:39 pm

I ask this because she seems to enjoy being around her god and kai and she also looked worried about her universe in ep 103 preview.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: Do you think Cus is the only angel who is emotionally attached to her universe?

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:46 pm

The only one I ever felt had any kind of remotely genuine attachment was Whis. What makes me think that is not the fun he has with the others but the those little moments of annoyance when trying to find fighters (as with Vegeta) or agreeing with Beerus that Goku should stay away from Zen-oh. These could be seen as signs that he cares about the universes well being and those he has come to know in his detached way.

While Cus seems to be having fun, most of the others go along with their GoD's ideas as long as its interesting. She could just be going with the flow. Wither she actually cares or not will be shown this week after U10 bites the dust.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Do you think Cus is the only angel who is emotionally attached to her universe?

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:02 pm

Her and probably Cucatail too. Cucatail's bio says he tries to learn from his excellent Kaioshin and God's knowledge. He was also visibly shocked by the erasure of Universe 9.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:13 pm

I think Whis cares a lot more than he's letting on right now.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:18 pm

I absolutely think Whis cares. He's just putting on a brave face because it's a situation he can't do anything about.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:51 pm

Whis isn't worried because he has faith in Goku,Vegeta, and the others.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:40 pm

I agree with the above, Whis most likely also cares and he probably isn't the only one. I wouldn't be surprised if he trained Goku and Vegeta to help stop the other angels whenever the issue came up.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:33 am

Poor Cus....

I wish she could migrate to U7 for the time being :(

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:57 pm

As far as the losing universes go? Probably. The only thing keeping Whis from becoming Mojito is the food which may also be the case for Vados (that and antagonizing Champa)

But we haven't seen enough of Campari (I blame his awful bio. It just list him as a translator for his GoD), Sour (his first line was Saturday and it was only to announce that one of U2's fighters fell), and Cognac (the only losing angel that hasn't spoken yet)
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:36 am

She actually seemed to care or at least have fun. After all, she didn't need to help Gowasu with his Godtube career.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:17 pm

Really felt sorry for Cus in this scene. It's nice to see her reaction be a complete opposite of Mojito's.

Now I'm interested to see other Angel reactions.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:24 pm

MainJPW wrote:Really felt sorry for Cus in this scene. It's nice to see her reaction be a complete opposite of Mojito's.

Well, this scene alone debunks the whole Angels becoming rogue theory.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:39 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:
MainJPW wrote:Really felt sorry for Cus in this scene. It's nice to see her reaction be a complete opposite of Mojito's.

Well, this scene alone debunks the whole Angels becoming rogue theory.
I never quite subscribed to the theory that all of the angels are evil and secretly plotting myself. However, I'm still hoping that the Grand Priest being evil theory turns out to be true, mostly since I want to see some payoff to all of this.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:44 pm

i didn't expected to see Cus or any other angel showing emotion. I was impressed by Cus reaction to U10 erasure.

R.I.P Gowasu

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:51 pm

Anyone else think she might be the youngest of all the Angels? I mean she looks kind of like a kid, all the other Angels look like adults.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:34 pm

precita wrote:Anyone else think she might be the youngest of all the Angels? I mean she looks kind of like a kid, all the other Angels look like adults.
Young by Angel standards, sure, but she could still be millions of years old. I mean look at the Zenos, they're practically toddlers if we were to go by looks alone lol...

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:14 pm

precita wrote:Anyone else think she might be the youngest of all the Angels? I mean she looks kind of like a kid, all the other Angels look like adults.
Yes and no. Her being the youngest is a strong possibility, but going by the grand priest and how he looks she could also be the oldest.

Psionic Dragon

Post by Psionic Dragon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:27 pm

Of course it's all a hunch, but I think Whis, Marcarita and the U3 angel care about their universes.
I'll come up with something clever. Just not now.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:52 pm

I think Vados cares in her own way. She kind of acts like a big sister to Champa. Sure she said she will miss Champa with those crocodile tears, but I think she did it to help lighten up the mood.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:45 am

GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:but I think she did it to help lighten up the mood.
Are you sure? That was pretty dark after all.