Here are all the attributes exclusive to Super Saiyan God *Spoilers*

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Here are all the attributes exclusive to Super Saiyan God *Spoilers*

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:42 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Considering the DBS manga, you really CAN NOT mention that the SSG has no connection with the SSB, since Goku himself claimed to be a predecessor of Blue.
If Goku and Vegeta can turn into SSG in manga, then what is the logic of SSB being a form of a Saiyan with SSG power (but still in base form)?
I never said that the forms have no connection at all. Obviously, God is a predecessor in the sense that its power leads to unlocking Blue. It's a level between SS3 and SSB, but not necessarily by manner of forms stacking on top of each other like in the traditional way. That was never implied to be the case for either of those forms.

If anything, the DBS manga is perfectly consistent with the fact that they're not directly connected in the way you're making them out to be. Black powered up in his ordinary Super Saiyan state and then Zamasu specifically mentioned that his hair color changed because he surpassed Super Saiyan God in that form (with yellow changing to blue for mortals and to pink for gods) which in turn would suggest Blue to be an alternate, "godly" version of the first Super Saiyan stage. Additionally in Episode 20, both Goku and Vegeta were shown being exposed to the aura of Blue while in their base forms -- Goku was also briefly shown with his golden Super Saiyan aura just before transforming into Blue for the first time in Episode 25.

SSB was stated to have the power (i.e. strength) of SSG, but at absolutely no point was it ever mentioned to possess all the same qualities and attributes SSG was said/shown to have. You're the only one claiming that the writers suddenly changed the nature of Blue without clarifying how or why, but that idea hasn't been substantiated in the slightest.
No, the fact that Zamasu says that SSJ Rosé is when a deity surpasses the SSG (SSGSS) just shows that there is a direct connection between the two transformations.
So much connection that just the fact that a user surpasses an SSG, the hair color can change color (depending on the true nature of the person)

And what are the qualities of SSG?

I agree that there are particularities of the Red form as the slimmer physique, the reddish skin tone and the color of hair, eyebrow and eyes turning red.

But, regeneration? This was not made explicit to me, even because absolutely nothing was said after Goku returned to the stratosphere to face Beerus (this would be an incredible feat, but it seems that the aim of the scene was to be an overcoming)

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:41 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:No, the fact that Zamasu says that SSJ Rosé is when a deity surpasses the SSG (SSGSS) just shows that there is a direct connection between the two transformations.
So much connection that just the fact that a user surpasses an SSG, the hair color can change color (depending on the true nature of the person)
I suppose you could say there's a connection in that sense, yeah. My point was more that Black was simply powering up in his regular Super Saiyan form when Zamasu made that comment. He didn't start out in Super Saiyan God and then change into a Super Saiyan from there, his (Super Saiyan) hair merely changed color because his power level went beyond the threshold of Super Saiyan God. So even if your interpretation turned out to be correct, Blue/Rosé doesn't always have to be the result of SSG turning SS; it could also sometimes be the reverse (SS turning SSG), something like a sort of additive fusion between SSG and SS that could play out in any order or maybe even at the same time. If you can concede on that much, then I can concede you might have a valid point, depending on which direction the writers decide to go in with Super Saiyan Blue/God.

Back to the original point, though -- this still doesn't mean that Toei/Toyotaro/whoever is somehow barred from giving Super Saiyan God exclusive advantages over Super Saiyan Blue, even if the latter is the stronger form. Maybe it's faster, for example (he'll be using this against Dyspo after all) or maybe it has better stamina management. They can do whatever they want with it because it's not contingent on Blue's own benefits.
TheSaiyanGod wrote:But, regeneration? This was not made explicit to me, even because absolutely nothing was said after Goku returned to the stratosphere to face Beerus (this would be an incredible feat, but it seems that the aim of the scene was to be an overcoming)
I'll have to watch the scene again, but I'm pretty sure it was rather explicit in showing that Goku healed from what looked to be a reasonably harmful wound thanks to SSG's power. That might have just been Toei goofing around, but even if that's not the case I don't see why it would be an issue.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:52 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:No, the fact that Zamasu says that SSJ Rosé is when a deity surpasses the SSG (SSGSS) just shows that there is a direct connection between the two transformations.
I suppose you could say there's a connection in that sense, yeah. My point was more that Black was simply powering up in his regular Super Saiyan form when Zamasu made that comment. He didn't start out in Super Saiyan God and then change into a Super Saiyan from there, his (Super Saiyan) hair merely changed color because his power level went beyond the threshold of Super Saiyan God. So even if your interpretation turned out to be correct, Blue/Rosé doesn't always have to be the result of SSG turning SS; it could also sometimes be the reverse (SS turning SSG), something like a sort of additive fusion between SSG and SS that could play out in any order or maybe even at the same time. If you can concede on that much, then I can concede you might have a valid point, depending on which direction the writers decide to go in with Super Saiyan Blue/God.

Back to the original point, though -- this still doesn't mean that Toei/Toyotaro/whoever is somehow barred from giving Super Saiyan God exclusive advantages over Super Saiyan Blue, even if the latter is the stronger form. Maybe it's faster, for example (he'll be using this against Dyspo after all) or maybe it has better stamina management. They can do whatever they want with it because it's not contingent on Blue's own benefits.
TheSaiyanGod wrote:But, regeneration? This was not made explicit to me, even because absolutely nothing was said after Goku returned to the stratosphere to face Beerus (this would be an incredible feat, but it seems that the aim of the scene was to be an overcoming)
I'll have to watch the scene again, but I'm pretty sure it was rather explicit in showing that Goku healed from what looked to be a reasonably harmful wound thanks to SSG's power. That might have just been Toei goofing around, but even if that's not the case I don't see why it would be an issue.
But after the SSGSS form is obtained, it is not necessary to be transformed into SSG to perform it.
I believe the converse may occur, as you said, an SSJ and SSG junction that can be reproduced regardless of the order.

I know writers can give SSG unique benefits if they want (the fact that I spent less energy in the manga was once an addition), I'm just saying that at the moment, I do not see what unique power this transformation has.

Yes, it was explicit that Goku's wound had regenerated, but all this was very strange.
Neither the manga nor the movie (with Toryiama script), Goku has that ability.
And when it is shown in the anime, absolutely nothing is said, as if it did not even exist, which seemed strange to me (after all, Beerus kept beating Goku during the fight and he never used regeneration again)

Writers can give this ability to SSG, but for now I do not think it really does

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:25 am

I'm rather hoping that Goku has found a way of making SSG en-par with SSB. I mean, hardly unheard of, is it? It was clearly stated that Future Trunks had mastered SS2 to the point where it was superior to SS3*

So why could the same not apply to others forms, such as SSG?

*i.e matched it in terms of power, and wouldn't suffer the stamina drain inherent to the SS3 form.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:47 pm

SonReggie wrote:I'm rather hoping that Goku has found a way of making SSG en-par with SSB. I mean, hardly unheard of, is it? It was clearly stated that Future Trunks had mastered SS2 to the point where it was superior to SS3*

*i.e matched it in terms of power, and wouldn't suffer the stamina drain inherent to the SS3 form.
Well it would be equivalent to Goku's base form surpassing his SSJ form.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:26 pm

Goku's almost certainly only going Super Saiyan God to preserve stamina. That's all.

But the truth is, in the Super anime, it makes no difference what form he's in. Different forms are just for merch and have no power differences whatsoever. Hence Goku went Blue against the Trio de dangers when he was handling them just fine in Super Saiyan 1. Goku base withstands attacks from Hit that KO's SSB Vegeta. Forms are nothing but eye candy.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:52 pm

SonReggie wrote:I'm rather hoping that Goku has found a way of making SSG en-par with SSB. I mean, hardly unheard of, is it? It was clearly stated that Future Trunks had mastered SS2 to the point where it was superior to SS3*

Well if Trunks went SSJ3 it would still be stronger than his own SSJ2. He was simply as strong as GOKUS SSJ3 if I understand correctly.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:25 pm

This image speaks for itself.