Here are all the attributes exclusive to Super Saiyan God *Spoilers*

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Here are all the attributes exclusive to Super Saiyan God *Spoilers*

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:57 am

Since Super Saiyan God is confirmed to appear in a few episodes, i thought it might be useful to point out all of Super Saiyan God's special attributes exclusive only to it. And why Goku might prefer to choose Super Saiyan God ovet SSJ Blue, and even if Super Saiyan God is going to tie into his new Form somehow..

* Healing (SSG can heal himself, as shown).
* Continuous power increase. During his battle with Beerus, his powerlevel kept increasing and increasing, even having the SSJG power talk to him in a way. (Though no confirmation has been given if this is indefinitely).
* A thinner body
* implied to be a little bit taller aswell
* A younger/more youthful look.
* larger eyes
* a darker/more tan skin

It's the only Form of Goku refered to as an actual Deity, unlike SSJ Blue, despite both of them possessing god ki!

So the difference between the two Forms is that Super Saiyan God Goku possesses godly ki AND a godly body! (His body even started to hurt during the ritual, hence signifying a change in his body). While SSJ Blue only uses it's god ki mixed with Super Saiyan.

What are your overall thoughts guys? Why do you think SSG is going to be used again by Goku? And do you think this is going to tie into his new Form somehow? Or is it just going to be Super Saiyan Blue mixed with Kaioken?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Here are all the attributes exclusive to Super Saiyan God *Spoilers*

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:14 am

I personally wouldn't take anything that Toei did in the arc seriously, the whole stupid healing thing and all. If Toriyama has indeed wrote SSG back he will be using the movie as the base not the arc. So the only difference really is appearance, so perhaps SSG gives Goku a speedier advantage due the slimmer body is why Goku is using it again?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:56 am

The getting stronger trait is a Saiyan trait. The only different power SSG has is the healing one which was probably just a one-time thing.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:27 am

Just look at how cool this shot is of him.

It truly is a God.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:56 am

Does the form "absorb" ki as well? Or is that just a movie thing?
Feels over Reals.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:20 pm

RedHeat wrote:Does the form "absorb" ki as well? Or is that just a movie thing?
I think that was just the movie. When Beerus shoots the big ki ball at him in the arc he pushes his way to the center in base form and punches it apart or something like that.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:47 pm

I really wish they didn't completely ignore the form up until this point, and maybe they had Goku master it, and it becomes his new god base form, that way we can really buy these whole "two base forms" theory. Anyone like that idea?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:26 pm

How come no one is responding to me?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:31 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I really wish they didn't completely ignore the form up until this point, and maybe they had Goku master it, and it becomes his new god base form, that way we can really buy these whole "two base forms" theory. Anyone like that idea?
Yeah, it is a nice idea.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:34 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:How come no one is responding to me?
Mostly because of your sig :P
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I really wish they didn't completely ignore the form up until this point, and maybe they had Goku master it
They can just say it came to him naturally after he recently mastered blue completely or something like that..
Off screen training is always something they can use as well
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Most of your cited differences are related to aesthetics and would have an arbitrary amount of favourability depending on the preferences of the fandom. The most substantive difference would be a self-restorative effect that negates the involvement of Dende to heal injuries. I would otherwise prefer if SSJB remained the de-facto transformation for Goku and Vegeta as it's already been established. Treading up Super Saiyan God form now seems like more trouble than it's worth, at least from an initial glance. I wouldn't be dismissive of Goten and Trunks maybe getting the form though. We need more characters from the Z-Warriors to acquire God Ki as it's a potential wellspring of immense power just waiting to be harnessed.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:07 pm

What's the downside of SSG? The problem I have is this: If SSG is so much better and have that self healing effect - why don't Goku/Vegeta use that instead of SSJB? Is SSJB still more powerful? Are there stamina / ki control differences? There has to be tradeoffs but its not well established what they are

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:15 pm

Toei is about to do do a 180 and retcon everything we know regarding ssg.

It's about to trump ssjblue and it's its not even gonna be close.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:20 pm

This just further gives credit to my theory that DBS is going by the manga of Toyotaro, like any normal anime. The manga chapters that cover the Universe Survival Arc may be unreleased yet, but Toyotaro has been working on them for quite some time now and he said it himself that his work would surpass the anime at some point. I think it already did, only that the latest chapters havent been released yet.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:49 pm

Goku SSG has no regeneration. It was only a moment of 'overcoming', after which Beerus continued to beat the whole fight in him and Goku did not regenerate once.
Not even a TEXT LINE quotes this SSG capability.

If SSG really had this power, SSB would also have it, since the basis of the transformation is SSG

The power of Goku also does not increase in SSG.

He had reached the limit of this transformation and could do nothing more against Beerus
The overestimation of this transformation is impressive. Questioning something that is established in all media

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:39 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:since the basis of the transformation is SSG
Well... sort of. As RoF and its associated materials (and the Super manga) confirm, it would be more accurate to call Blue a combination of Super Saiyan and the power of Super Saiyan God specifically. Following that line of reasoning, I'd think that the writers are entirely free to give SSG exclusive attributes if they want, so long as Goku is actually using the transformation and not just its strength. There's nothing particularly wrong with the form having some unique qualities if that's what's intended.

I don't necessarily disagree with your overall point though; my stance is more or less neutral in regards to the topic at hand.
Last edited by Marlowe89 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:59 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:since the basis of the transformation is SSG
Well... sort of. As RoF and its associated materials confirm, it would be more accurate to call Blue a combination of Super Saiyan and the power of Super Saiyan God specifically. Following that line of reasoning, I'd think that the writers are entirely free to give SSG unique attributes if they want, so long as Goku is actually using the transformation as opposed to just its strength.

I don't necessarily disagree with your overall point though; my stance is more or less neutral in regards to the topic at hand.
Vegeta says the SSB is a '' Saiyajin with the power of Super Saiyan God turning into SSJ ''

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

We could interpret as '' Saiyajin with power of the Super Saiyajin God '' = Saiyan transformed into Super Saiyan God

After all, Goku has already referred to this transformation only as '' Power of Super Saiyan god ''

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

In this case, we could say that in fact the SSB is when an SSG becomes SSJ

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:16 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:Vegeta says the SSB is a '' Saiyajin with the power of Super Saiyan God turning into SSJ ''
Goku says the same thing when he calls it, in no ambiguous terms, "the Super Saiyan form of a Saiyan with the power of a Super Saiyan God". But a "Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God" is hardly the same thing as Super Saiyan God itself, as numerous materials repeatedly demonstrate. I've spoken about that extensively here and here; in addition to stuff such as Goku's original description and Dokkan Battle, the RoF manga also quite plainly shows us what a "Saiyan with the power of a Super Saiyan God" would look like -- it's just Goku with his base appearance.

Super Saiyan Blue was intended to be the Super Saiyan level of that, thus it's rather unlikely for Blue to be a direct continuation of Super Saiyan God itself. Even in the DBS manga, Zamasu infers a Super Saiyan's hair to change color after being powered up to the point of surpassing SSG which implies they're separate. Besides, if it was as simple as a Super Saiyan God turning Super Saiyan the term wouldn't have been "Suupaa Saiya-jin Goddo no pawaa wo motta Saiya-jin", which colloquially describes a normal Saiyan using SSG's power. They're clearly distinct forms just as their designs imply, even if SSB is the stronger of the two.

Moreover, here's some additional proof that Blue is the Super Saiyan form of Saiyans that learned to use the power of SSG without changing form:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
TheSaiyanGod wrote: After all, Goku has already referred to this transformation only as '' Power of Super Saiyan god ''
He was referring to the power level of a Super Saiyan God, not the transformation per se. They understood it to be a temporary form, so obviously Vegeta would only care about obtaining its strength after it expires.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:09 am

In before Goku and Vegeta achieve "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" which is the transformation of a Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God transforming into a Super Saiyan God.

Jokes apart, I believe Blue surpasses SSG only because it's a 50x multiplier over a very powerful godly base, which was only possible thanks to SSG. It's almost like a cheat to get stronger than a SSG. It's not a 50x over SSG.

With SSG returning they might finally explain the two base thing! They could say that when Goku and Vegeta use SSJ, it means they use the normal base. In that case they can also go SSG.
When they use Blue they actually gather some of SSG power in their base and then transform into SSJ, which becomes Blue.
A short explanation like that would do wonders.
Just make the two base theory official!
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:39 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I really wish they didn't completely ignore the form up until this point, and maybe they had Goku master it, and it becomes his new god base form, that way we can really buy these whole "two base forms" theory. Anyone like that idea?
That's how it is in the manga