Don't you think that Vegeta is dark horse of this tournament?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Don't you think that Vegeta is dark horse of this tournament?

Post by Mercenary » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:11 pm

Even on Toei website is stated something like : "He is a Saiyan Prince, can also go SSB and with his new born daughter Vegeta can't afford to lose". I don't know if I've recalled it correctly but something like that.

I think many people just shafted Vegeta and slept on him while he can be a serious threat. His daughter was just born, probably gained a new power-up after training in ROSAT. What do you think?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Don't you think that Vegeta is dark horse of this tournament?

Post by Lionel » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:30 pm

To be honest, I didn't expect anything less than for Vegeta to overperform several fold in relation to most other competitors from U7. Walking around with the bequeathed moniker of "eternal rival" to the main protagonist will do that for someone. If anyone represents the dark horse archetype it's #17. His ascension up through the many ranks to rivaling a primed and ready Mystic Gohan is nothing short of absurd, never-mind the various hoops the studio and Toriyama had to jump through to make this newfound power of his a reality. Freeza's rapid power growth during the RoF arc almost looks grounded and prudent by comparison.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:45 pm

Lionel wrote: If anyone represents the dark horse archetype it's #17. His ascension up through the many ranks to rivaling a primed and ready Mystic Gohan is nothing short of absurd, never-mind the various hoops the studio and Toriyama had to jump through to make this newfound power of his a reality. Freeza's rapid power growth during the RoF arc almost looks grounded and prudent by comparison.
17's power increase makes sense, if other characters have the right to jump huge power gaps in hours and you all have the "potential" as an excuse Toriyama said 17 has an enormous potential so there you go, he didn't have the chance to explore it on Z and he's doing it now, lucky us a non saiyan who is relevant in terms of power otherwise i would have threw up from all the saiyan sucking.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:46 pm

Vegeta will defeat someone important i'm sure about that now, i had doubts he will job out to brianne but whoever he will be defeated by Vegeta will have a great battle before hand.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:51 pm

Mercenary wrote:I think many people just shafted Vegeta and slept on him while he can be a serious threat.
Black was one of them and we all know how that turned out (especially in the manga).

I think Vegeta (like always) will surprise us with what he'll be able to do and I can't wait to see it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:00 pm

sintzu wrote:
Mercenary wrote:I think many people just shafted Vegeta and slept on him while he can be a serious threat.
Black was one of them and we all know how that turned out (especially in the manga).

I think Vegeta (like always) will surprise us with what he'll be able to do and I can't wait to see it.
Now that Ribrianne's threat isn't hanging on his head anymore, his character can go anywhere, I would say he might win but hero's won't let me
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
Lionel wrote: If anyone represents the dark horse archetype it's #17. His ascension up through the many ranks to rivaling a primed and ready Mystic Gohan is nothing short of absurd, never-mind the various hoops the studio and Toriyama had to jump through to make this newfound power of his a reality. Freeza's rapid power growth during the RoF arc almost looks grounded and prudent by comparison.
17's power increase makes sense, if other characters have the right to jump huge power gaps in hours and you all have the "potential" as an excuse Toriyama said 17 has an enormous potential so there you go, he didn't have the chance to explore it on Z and he's doing it now, lucky us a non saiyan who is relevant in terms of power otherwise i would have threw up from all the saiyan sucking.
I'm with you the sayan wanking is pathetic. I'm glad 17 became so strong and it makes sense since he can train 24/7 due to his infinite energy.

I think Vegeta isn't dark horse, he will be knocked the fuck out by Jiren before Frieza .

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:07 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
I'm with you the sayan wanking is pathetic. I'm glad 17 became so strong and it makes sense since he can train 24/7 due to his infinite energy.

I think Vegeta isn't dark horse, he will be knocked the fuck out by Jiren before Frieza .
I know especially some of the Gohan fans around here, they're so awful and hypocritical, there are only 1 or 2 that are actually level headed and fair.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:07 pm

Bless 17 for being so amazing and bringing us great fights alongside his return.

Vegeta, hmm... I wonder who could he have a serious fight with. Unless he happens to meet with Ribrianne again.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:11 pm

#17 is the darkhorse,he just eliminated two character without holding back unlike Vegeta,he received lot promotion and he is shown to be an intelligent fighter
    that out of the way,Vegeta is going to be in the final 5 or 10
    Last edited by The gr on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Mostly active on discord.

sintzu
    Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:12 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:I would say he might win but hero's won't let me
    I wouldn't say that either, In the manga's Black arc he got Black all to himself and delivered the final blow to Zamasu before Zeno stepped in so he got more than enough screen time to let someone else take the spotlight for now.

I think Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, Toppo & Jerin will be the last 5. Vegeta and Toppo will be equal, both falling out of the ring at the same time, leaving a tag team of Goku and Freeza to fight Jerin.
    Xeogran wrote:Vegeta, hmm... I wonder who could he have a serious fight with. Unless he happens to meet with Ribrianne again.
    She's a nobody, just forget about it happening.
    The gr wrote:#17 unlike Vegeta,received lot promotion and he is shown to be an intelligent fighter
    Why would they promote someone who's been in our faces since day one ? of course 17 is going to get more promotion, he hasn't been around for ages.

In terms of intelligence, Vegeta's undeniable one of if not the smartest fighter in Super.

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:18 pm

sintzu wrote:
    In terms of intelligence, Vegeta's undeniable one of if not the smartest fighter in Super.
    The last impressive thing Vegeta did is the manga's where he used the short Burt transformation, I really wish the anime used Vegeta like this

sintzu
    Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:20 pm

The gr wrote:The last impressive thing Vegeta did is the manga's where he used the short Burt transformation, I really wish the anime used Vegeta like this
    Do you mean when he kicked Goku away and blasted the 2 Zamasus ?

What I'd love to see is the anime be choreographed like the manga.

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:22 pm

sintzu wrote:
    The gr wrote:The last impressive thing Vegeta did is the manga's where he used the short Burt transformation, I really wish the anime used Vegeta like this
    Do you mean when he kicked Goku away and blasted the 2 Zamasus ?

What I'd love to see is the anime be choreographed like the manga.
    I meant his ssg strategy and what I meant I wish the anime make Vegeta using strategy like in namek,barrier and chapter 22 of the debs manga
    Last edited by The gr on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
    Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:25 pm

The gr wrote:I meant his ssg strategy and what I meant I wish the anime make Vegeta using strategy like in namek and chapter 22 of the debs manga
    It seems like more planning goes into the manga's writing compared to the anime. They're doing something the manga's been doing (I don't want to spoil it in case you don't know) and maybe it's because Toyotarou is having something to do with the anime so we might get that writing if that's the case.

kemuri07
    Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Lionel wrote:To be honest, I didn't expect anything less than for Vegeta to overperform several fold in relation to most other competitors from U7. Walking around with the bequeathed moniker of "eternal rival" to the main protagonist will do that for someone. If anyone represents the dark horse archetype it's #17. His ascension up through the many ranks to rivaling a primed and ready Mystic Gohan is nothing short of absurd, never-mind the various hoops the studio and Toriyama had to jump through to make this newfound power of his a reality. Freeza's rapid power growth during the RoF arc almost looks grounded and prudent by comparison.

Kinda says what the priority of the writers are....

Cause it ain't making a compelling anime that's for sure!

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:34 pm

sintzu wrote:
    It seems like more planning goes into the manga's writing compared to the anime. They're doing something the manga's been doing (I don't want to spoil it in case you don't know) and maybe it's because Toyotarou is having something to do with the anime so we might get that writing if that's the case.
    I know the spoiler, it must have been from AT,the barrier is closest thing that Vegeta have for strategy, more of this please

gofishus
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:35 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
    He should have come out of hiding and beat Kid Buu's ass up then when Goku needed help.

Re main topic: Vegeta's character progression in Super is impressive, but I find his fighting abilities actually lacking. He's supposed to be a 'genius methodical' fighter but every time in Super without fail he charges in the enemy and starts attacking without thinking. What's up with that?

sintzu
    Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:46 pm

gofishus wrote:He's supposed to be a 'genius methodical' fighter but every time in Super without fail he charges in the enemy and starts attacking without thinking. What's up with that?
    That's in the anime which is full of bad writing, in the manga it's the complete opposite.

Shinda Forever
    Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:21 pm

sintzu wrote:
    gofishus wrote:He's supposed to be a 'genius methodical' fighter but every time in Super without fail he charges in the enemy and starts attacking without thinking. What's up with that?
    That's in the anime which is full of bad writing, in the manga it's the complete opposite.
    I disagree, the manga is the one with complete one sided bad writing, it is DBAF.2.