dissapointed about the action

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

dissapointed about the action

Post by gohan_black » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:15 am

ever since the tournament started and up to this episode as well the action is mediocore. bearly any melee fights and focusing more on beams. you dont see good choroapraphy at all. the fights are bland as hell.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: dissapointed about the action

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:21 am

The difference in this multi-universe tournament and the Universe 7/6 tournament can be easily seen.

There's just too many people, they can only show off a few of them.

And they don't have any serious super-special powers to showcase.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:37 am

They have chosen quantity above quality, and that's never a smart thing to do.
The future trunks saga for example had it's faults, but was never boring and the new characters were likeable and I cared about what happened to them.

I don't feel any attachment to any of the new characters of this arc, and that's not a good sign.

However, the last card hasn't been played yet, so maybe things will improve.
But so far, I'm not impressed.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:47 am

The fights have literally been the best of Super besides some of the Zamasu/Goku Black fights, and maybe Goku/Hit back in the U6 final.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:30 am

The choreographies are better than ever and the fights are good, a bit short, but good. But the big clashes are still to come, what we are seeing are like preliminaries.
Heno heno kappa!

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:32 am

Basako wrote:The choreographies are better than ever and the fights are good, a bit short, but good. But the big clashes are still to come, what we are seeing are like preliminaries.
are you searious?

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:36 am

gohan_black wrote:
Basako wrote:The choreographies are better than ever and the fights are good, a bit short, but good. But the big clashes are still to come, what we are seeing are like preliminaries.
are you searious?
Of course, I'm liking what I'm seeing, my complain is that we sometimes don't see enough, like today with Jimizu against Jilkol, totally offscreen. But all about 17, Goku, the girls, Gohan and Piccolo was cool.
Heno heno kappa!

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:38 am

gohan_black wrote:
are you searious?
They're not the greatest bits in the world, but this tournament has had some good bits of action.

This comes from this episode alone.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Though with the setting the focus is way to scattered. Hopefully once the number of characters goes down way more, the action well be a lot better and frequent, and maybe have that lasting impact people are looking for.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:05 am

Boo Machine wrote:
gohan_black wrote:
are you searious?
They're not the greatest bits in the world, but this tournament has had some good bits of action.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Though with the setting the focus is way to scattered. Hopefully once the number of characters goes down way more, the action well be a lot better and frequent, and maybe have that lasting impact people are looking for.
I'd favor this little fight over both of them by far. The action just doesn't compare, and I'm saddened for Super. I really wanted it to be better than Z.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdCkknRVscQ

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:26 am

HybridSaiyan wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:
gohan_black wrote:
are you searious?

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I'd favor this little fight over both of them by far. The action just doesn't compare, and I'm saddened for Super. I really wanted it to be better than Z.

What exactly is so good about that scene?

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:27 am

HybridSaiyan wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

That's cool. Honestly I never cared for that fight. There were other fights before it in that same arc that were better and this particular piece of action was always "meh" to me. I'd gladly take the piece of action from this Super episode over the video you linked. It's not as drawn out and ridiculous, but the action is more engaging.

But Super's good points don't have to compare to Z. They're still good bits of action even if they don't compare to certain points of Z you like and that was really the point I was making.

If you're going to go into every episode with the mentality of "If this isn't like the DBZ I remember then It's bad but if it's like the DBZ I remember then it's good!" then you're going to be disappointed every time my friend. The time of Dragonballs hay day is long gone, And I feel this is something you should really have known by now. You can, if fact, enjoy good bits of Super and still acknowledge it's faults, it doesn't have to be 1 of 2 extremes.

and I say all this because I notice you go into every episode thread with the same critique. Saying it's bad then talking about some scene from DBZ you liked better and Super isn't as good. Hell you came into this thread and did it just now. Not that I'm telling you to stop, but I'm saddened that you're saddened. Surely there is something you enjoy from modern Dragonball even if you don't care for most of it.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:29 am

HybridSaiyan wrote: I'd favor this little fight over both of them by far. The action just doesn't compare, and I'm saddened for Super. I really wanted it to be better than Z.

You speak like Super had just started. Yeah, we are not in Z levels, but there has been an improvement, remember all those plain or wreid faces and bodies of the previous arcs. I'd prefer if it was like in Z now, by so far, but it's not bad what we are having, it's totally acceptable.
Heno heno kappa!

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:30 am

Saiyan007 wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

What exactly is so good about that scene?
For one, you feel the intensity, the speed and power displayed in each movement.
I'm just saying, It's better than Super 103's fighting action, although the Gohan vs (Universe 2) Guy was pretty nice.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:37 am

Boo Machine wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

That's cool. Honestly I never cared for that fight. There were other fights before it in that same arc that were better and this particular piece of action was always "meh" to me. I'd gladly take the piece of action from this Super episode over the video you linked. It's not as drawn out and ridiculous, but the action is more engaging.

But Super's good points don't have to compare to Z. They're still good bits of action even if they don't compare to certain points of Z you like and that was really the point I was making.

If you're going to go into every episode with the mentality of "If this isn't like the DBZ I remember then It's bad but if it's like the DBZ I remember then it's good!" then you're going to be disappointed every time my friend. The time of Dragonballs hay day is long gone, And I feel this is something you should really have known by now. You can, if fact, enjoy good bits of Super and still acknowledge it's faults, it doesn't have to be 1 of 2 extremes.

and I say all this because I notice you go into every episode thread with the same critique. Saying it's bad then talking about some scene from DBZ you liked better and Super isn't as good. Hell you came into this thread and did it just now. Not that I'm telling you to stop, but I'm saddened that you're saddened. Surely there is something you enjoy from modern Dragonball even if you don't care for most of it.
That's my main problem Isn't It? I can't shake off my fanboy Z glasses and seem to always compare Z to Super. It's toxic for me as it is for you reading my posts lol, I just want...that same tension y'know? I can easily say I've enjoyed some aspects of Super, but it seems every time i enjoy something of it, it immediately gets overrun by the stupidity of the writing. I was wanting a superior series, something that completely amazes me. The animation has improved a fucking lot, i'll acknowledge that but there's something missing...

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:44 am

Botamo / BotaMagetta vs Vegeta was my favorite part so far. Just so well done and fun to watch, even though it was short.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:31 am

HybridSaiyan wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:

That's my main problem Isn't It? I can't shake off my fanboy Z glasses and seem to always compare Z to Super. It's toxic for me as it is for you reading my posts lol, I just want...that same tension y'know? I can easily say I've enjoyed some aspects of Super, but it seems every time i enjoy something of it, it immediately gets overrun by the stupidity of the writing. I was wanting a superior series, something that completely amazes me. The animation has improved a fucking lot, i'll acknowledge that but there's something missing...
I have the same problem, Super is in my view not topping its predecessor Z intensity wise.
It feels so.....toned down somehow.
Don't get me wrong, Super is not all bad, just.....mediocre.
The Zamasu arc was a step in the right direction but still no where near the old show.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:56 am

I found the action far more consistently good than any other arc in Super so far. Yeah, some animation has been reused, but Dragon Ball always does that. Plus, it mean we see less poorly animated scenes.

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:05 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I found the action far more consistently good than any other arc in Super so far. Yeah, some animation has been reused, but Dragon Ball always does that. Plus, it mean we see less poorly animated scenes.
better then super and yet terrible in comparison to even dragon ball. your standarts are very low that is the main problem with all of the dragon ball community and this is why super is complete garbage. sorry but it is. terribly wrriten. bland action and more. yes the animation is pretty good but so what? are we gonna focus only on that?

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:12 pm

I'm just asking. is it not okay for us as fans to ask for somethin that will blow our mind. the same way the cell vs goku fight blow our mind back then. like seariously. in 2017 with all the new technology youl expect something more. seariously where in this arc we got something that is revolutionary?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:23 pm

gohan_black wrote:I'm just asking. is it not okay for us as fans to ask for somethin that will blow our mind. the same way the cell vs goku fight blow our mind back then. like seariously. in 2017 with all the new technology youl expect something more. seariously where in this arc we got something that is revolutionary?
So let me get this straight, this series has had production issues from the very beggining that ONLY 80 EPISODES IN started showing signs of a good production and you're asking for something revolutionary?! :shock: I don't think you're in a position to criticize anyone's expectations.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P