What if Zamasu participated in the TOP

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

lunaticthegame

What if Zamasu participated in the TOP

Post by lunaticthegame » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:49 pm

I've been tossing around the idea of the Goku Black arc happening after the current arc. Considering Universe 10 just got erased in the previous episode, I thought now would be a good time think of what would happen if the arc order was different and Zamasu was alive to participated in the Tournament of Power.

It'd be interesting. In theory (As Zamasu was in training), he would've been around to see the Zen Exhibition Match (Fair chance but I can see it happening since Toppo was the same) and watch Goku fight. Maybe he would've started his downfall there and became interested in Goku from there.

I have more ideas but that's all I want to say. What do you think would happen?

Doctor.
Banned

Re: What if Zamasu participated in the TOP

Post by Doctor. » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:04 pm

He wouldn't have made much difference unless we're talking about Goku Black. Maybe he'd have the motivation to steal Jiren or someone else's body instead of Goku's once this arc ended and (presumably) everyone gets brought back.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:34 pm

A first-hand perspective of the traditionalist holy echelon being trampled on by so many different lowly mortals, most of whom don't even have access to God Ki, would make for far greater justifiable reasoning than what was seen in the manga. Zamasu participating seems farfetched though. He's technically a god, a Shinjin apprentice to be more precise. I don't think he would be eligible for competing in the Tournament of Power as it appears to be an event centred around the strongest ningen of the multiverse battling each other. What he sees there that day could be the foundation for his ideological crusade against dangerous beings who threaten the natural order of the heavens, assuming he survives of course.

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:02 am

Exactly what Lionel said. Zamasu wouldn't technically be eligible for participation, being in the divine circle, since the ToP is built around the most gifted mortals putting on a super-entertaining show for the Zen-o's. As many others have said, this stage would've been a far better setup leading into basically what the original Zamasu arc became. Goku Black's intro and meeting up with F.Trunks again could've happened the same way, and the arc would've been all the better for it and more impactful since we would've gotten to know some of the big players for all other universes by that time, plus better reasoning for why Zamasu occupied Goku's body (and playing off of the "Goku-is-evil" implications of this arc). However, it appears that this ToP storyline is going to lead into something potentially interesting anyway, with some of the deities having displayed some questionable behavior during this arc. Thinking about it, this could all be leading into something that may possibly justify some of Zamasu's previous outlook (not how he went about it). What an irony that would be.

Makai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Makai » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:38 am

If he was allowed to participate then U7 would've asked Kibito to join their team other than Roshi or Frieza. Wouldn't make sense anyways, having a God compete in the tournament intended for mortals.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:33 pm

It'd be interesting if U10 was so desperate that Gowasu had to resort to somehow bringing Black back like U7 did with Freeza but the difference between Black and Freeza is that Black wants to completely annihilate all life and Freeza just wants to rule over it. Freeza is doing this because he wants to get revived. Why would Black care about fighting for U10 though? Maybe if the Saiyan instincts had taken over so much in him that his urge to fight outweighed his urge to kill everyone, but I still don't see why he'd fight for U10.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:13 pm

I just find it a little anti-climactic that we got a whole arc with Zamasu to stop him from wiping out the universe, and now Universe 10 gets wiped out anyways by Zeno

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:35 pm

"You have an immortal body, huh? So, that means you can be chopped and maimed with out breaking the killing rule?"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:44 am

People believe that Beerus destroy Zamasu's body and not his soul. So his soul is probably in Hell in U10 before it was erased. So it would be possible for Gowasu to have Zamasu to return back for 24 hours unless Gods are not allow to fight in the Tournament.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:46 am

Only real answer: he'd be dead.

Uni 10 was trashed. Zamasu is a god, so he wouldn't participate. Goku Black, on the other hand, could and should have participated for Universe 10.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:38 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:People believe that Beerus destroy Zamasu's body and not his soul. So his soul is probably in Hell in U10 before it was erased. So it would be possible for Gowasu to have Zamasu to return back for 24 hours unless Gods are not allow to fight in the Tournament.
It was stated that energy of destruction doesn't send people to other world. They get erased from existence.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:04 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:Only real answer: he'd be dead.

Uni 10 was trashed. Zamasu is a god, so he wouldn't participate. Goku Black, on the other hand, could and should have participated for Universe 10.
Wouldn't the higher-ups figure that Goku Black is Zamasu too? They have the same ki afterall.

lunaticthegame

Post by lunaticthegame » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:48 pm

He was formerly a Kaio but he stepped down and began training to become a Kaioshin.

Technically he isn't much of a god anymore, right?

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:50 am

dragon boss z wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:People believe that Beerus destroy Zamasu's body and not his soul. So his soul is probably in Hell in U10 before it was erased. So it would be possible for Gowasu to have Zamasu to return back for 24 hours unless Gods are not allow to fight in the Tournament.
It was stated that energy of destruction doesn't send people to other world. They get erased from existence.
This. Also he wasnt immortal in our timeline so his soul was erased too for that reason.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"