So according to the NEP for 104 (SPOILERS) is coming back

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

So according to the NEP for 104 (SPOILERS) is coming back

Post by Danfun64 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:15 pm

[spoiler]Despite having not been seen since the Battle of Gods saga, the Super Saiyan God form is returning to the anime.[/spoiler]
I was under the impression that that form couldn't be used anymore. Why is it coming back?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: So according to the NEP for 104 (SPOILERS) is coming back

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:19 pm

Perhaps Goku will explain himself to Hit. That might be something to consider.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:20 pm

We've been talking about SSG coming back for more than a week. Nobody knows why and how it is coming back, so unless some new spoilers come out we have to wait for episode 104 to know.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:20 pm

A last ditch effort to keep me interested in an otherwise uninteresting arc. Just kidding.

Probably because blue came out so soon after ssjg that they actually never got to milk the form for money the way they do usually.

OR

The actual new form that gets debuted this arc is a combination of ssjg and blue. (Making Freeza's red and blue energy display foreshadowing.)
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:28 pm

There's been no shortage of Super Saiyan God merchandise since Super Saiyan Blue was revealed. I think that justification is half-hearted and it's not as if the series dictates the rest of their seemingly random releases. They brought it back because they wanted to. A god is a god because it looks, acts, and speaks as one.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:13 pm

I only say that because I've been on the lookout for ssjg figures and imo there's only a couple of good ones. I've seen plenty of good blue merch though.

Of course, my expectations could just be too high regarding what I want out of Super merchandise.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:35 pm

Chuquita wrote:A last ditch effort to keep me interested in an otherwise uninteresting arc. Just kidding.

Probably because blue came out so soon after ssjg that they actually never got to milk the form for money the way they do usually.

OR

The actual new form that gets debuted this arc is a combination of ssjg and blue. (Making Freeza's red and blue energy display foreshadowing.)
I believe it is going to be the Super Saiyan Version of Super Saiyan God, would you like that aswell?

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:45 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: I believe it is going to be the Super Saiyan Version of Super Saiyan God, would you like that aswell?
Isn't SSJ Blue the Super Saiyan version of Super Saiyan God?
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:56 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: I believe it is going to be the Super Saiyan Version of Super Saiyan God, would you like that aswell?
Isn't SSJ Blue the Super Saiyan version of Super Saiyan God?
No it isn't. I don't understand why people seem to think that, but SSJB is, for starters, ofcourse Blue, and we also know that it's just normal Super Saiyan tapping into God ki, self evidently, as you'd be well able to see for yourself, it's a completely different Form from Super Saiyan God. It doesn't even have the lean body of God Goku, and doesn't look younger either.

Also, they can access SSJ Blue from Base and regular SSJ, so this can NOT be the Super Saiyan version of Super Saiyan God.

The Super Saiyan version that i'm talking about, the "Real" Super Saiyan Version of Super Saiyan God will/should ofcourse be Red. I.e. Just God Goku with his hair spiked up as Super Saiyan.

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:07 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: snip
Actually SSJG actually should be white as it would be the final divine form (at least in my opinion...). But a red haired Super Saiyan does makes sense, I just prefer white :P
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:19 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:Isn't SSJ Blue the Super Saiyan version of Super Saiyan God?
No it isn't. I don't understand why people seem to think that...
Perhaps it's because when the form was introduced it was given the name Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, a name which does kind of imply such...
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Danfun64 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:Isn't SSJ Blue the Super Saiyan version of Super Saiyan God?
No it isn't. I don't understand why people seem to think that...
Perhaps it's because when the form was introduced it was given the name Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, a name which does kind of imply such...
Yeah but names are just that.. names. Obviously we have to judge it on a visual standpoint and what we know from it by watching the series. The facts that i've outlined above, is enough proof to know that SSJB isn't literally the Super Saiyan version of SSJ God self evidently. it's blue, not red and can be transformed into from Base. Also, it... Well, again, just look at all the differences between the two forms!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:57 pm

Also, the fact that Vegeta never seemed to have achieved SSJ God and thus how he by-passed or "skipped" it proves that aswell. Remember how Whis told Vegeta that all he needed to do in order to surpass Goku (who had already achieved SSJ God during that time) was learning to "control his ki" HIS own ki, not getting some magical dose of special "god ki" from nowhere without any explanation at all. It's all about making the best of what you already have. Your own energy. We are reminded of this fact several times during the series. Later we are reminded (twice) that Goku and Vegeta needed to raise their ki's only within their bodies, internally rather than externally, in "That Place" which was entirely filled with "God ki" it was the only way they could move, and Yes! The moment when Whis adviced them to raise their ki's only within their bodies and prevent it from leaking out into the atmosphere for others to sense, something remarkable happened! We got a glimpse of SSJ Blue's special "God ki".

Short version: SSJ Blue (and god ki as a whole) are about perfect ki control.

What does this mean? It means that SSJ Blue has nothing at all to do with Super Saiyan God and is thus completely independent on it. Afterall, Vegeta never achieved the Form.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:45 am

In the manga he can transform into SSG at will, but I have no idea why he would suddenly start using it now but went right to SSB previously, and I doubt it will be explained.
GodVegetto91 wrote:Afterall, Vegeta never achieved the Form.
He uses SSG in the manga.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:59 am

Danfun64 wrote:I was under the impression that that form couldn't be used anymore. Why is it coming back?
Probably because the manga has gotten really popular and it's a major part in it so they think it'll help the anime. weather they explain it or not remains to be seen.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:47 am

Maybe we thought he couldn't use the form again, but we were wrong. Maybe he could have used it all this time but just decided not to and Vegeta too. I don't know what kind of explanation expect those who still think it was a one time transformation, this episode proves it isn't, unless they make the ritual again, which is really unlikely.
Boo Machine wrote: Isn't SSJ Blue the Super Saiyan version of Super Saiyan God?
Yeah, it is. It's in the name SSGSS.
Heno heno kappa!

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:44 am

Because the writers have realized the debacle they've created by going back and forth on the god-absorbed base schtick, so they're trying to set things straight. Precisely what Toyotaro did months before.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:02 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:In the manga he can transform into SSG at will, but I have no idea why he would suddenly start using it now but went right to SSB previously, and I doubt it will be explained.
Yes in the manga. Not in the anime. In the anime he never learned it, though that's not to say he can't somehow achieve it on his own in the future.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:23 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote:In the manga he can transform into SSG at will, but I have no idea why he would suddenly start using it now but went right to SSB previously, and I doubt it will be explained.
Yes in the manga. Not in the anime. In the anime he never learned it, though that's not to say he can't somehow achieve it on his own in the future.
He must have learned it at some point, probably while training with Whis, because SSB is SSG + SS.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:57 am

A crazy idea I had a few days ago regarding this SSG business.

Okay, so SSB is supposed to be a SS who is a Saiyan with the power of SSG. We've never actually seen the first transformation into SSB in Whis's staff dimension, though, have we? Well, it's a stretch, but maybe the return of SSG could be linked back to that training.

My headcanon is that Vegeta and Goku were learning how to control their own power, using what Whis taught them, to bring in the power of SSG without a ritual, and without its power dissipating on its own. So, the rest of this train of thought goes that Goku and Vegeta use the perfect Ki control taught to them by Whis to tap into the power of SSG, and just as they're on the cusp of turning into the actual SSG form, they turn SS, thus resulting in SSB. Doing this perfect Ki control thing whilst already SS is basically a faster way of doing it, but ONLY results in SSB because it's done from SS.

However, if they were to do it in base form, they could potentially transform into SSG on their own if they don't turn SS whilst possessing the power of SSG. Heck, maybe Goku AND Vegeta DID transform into SSG in Whis's staff dimension at some point, and realized that they could try turning SS instead of SSG to become even stronger.