What if Zeno is not as strong as we think he is?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The_Destroyer
Regular

Re: What if Zeno is not as strong as we think he is?

Post by The_Destroyer » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:23 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
precita wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:It's certainly possible, but don't forget he TANKED his own multiversal destruction technique. Hell Vegeta even died when the earth blew up, even if it was because of lack of oxygen, still Zeno erased everything to complete nothingness, a void, with certainly NO oxygen at all.
Well maybe he's just immune to his own power.
If Zeno was really "physically weak" don't you think the Grand Priest, with all of his otherwordly power and abilities would have already overthrown him, kill him, or seal him away or whatever?
Maybe he doesnt want to?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:29 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
precita wrote:
Well maybe he's just immune to his own power.
If Zeno was really "physically weak" don't you think the Grand Priest, with all of his otherwordly power and abilities would have already overthrown him, kill him, or seal him away or whatever?
Maybe he doesnt want to?
Well the fan theories disagree xD lol

Toonami1998

Post by Toonami1998 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:04 am

Well zeno is over the 12 universe's and there are more out there definitely so maybe more beings like zeno? Also time travel is suppose to be bad and zeno frowns upon it but clearly goku time traveled back to bring future zeno so wtf? Also, I don't understand why zeno didn't stop black or such from there plot when he clearly knew who merged zamasu was by saying 'yea he's annoying' after being summoned by Goku, but on the whole Zenos power thing, I believe he can't be physically harmed, but with him not transcending time, since there is a future Zeno maybe his power is just to erase, since GoD destroy and kais create.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:06 am

precita wrote:
omaro34 wrote:The real question is, where did Zeno come from? Does he have a beginning? Or is there something higher in the food chain?
Zeno's father is probably time and space itself.
But what about Zeno's father's father? :think:

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:10 am

Zeno withstood the destruction of a multiverse. So while he definitely is not a fighter, aka, zipping around and throwing punches, I'm sure if someone tried to attack him, he'd be completely fine and then hed wipe said person out of existance. Hence why he is the ruler of the 12 universe, and the GP, who is probably the strongest fighter in the known DB multiverse hasn't dethroned him.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:48 pm

buutenks wrote:Zeno withstood the destruction of a multiverse. So while he definitely is not a fighter, aka, zipping around and throwing punches, I'm sure if someone tried to attack him, he'd be completely fine and then hed wipe said person out of existance. Hence why he is the ruler of the 12 universe, and the GP, who is probably the strongest fighter in the known DB multiverse hasn't dethroned him.
But what if he wants to learn how to fight?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:But what if he wants to learn how to fight?
And decides to train for four months!?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:42 pm

The latest episodes further solidifies my theory further that Zeno isn't as strong as we think he is.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:44 pm

Can't even follow FTL movements apparently.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:35 pm

Why does he have to be physically strong? Or even in terms of power?

I don't get what the big deal is. He can still control trillions of lives with the flick of his fingers, that's what makes him the most "powerful" being in existence so far.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:32 am

I do not think Zen-Oh is God Almighty, I don't think this being was the start of time or life itself. I think He was put into place to watch over the 12 universes and that there are more universes which have perhaps relatives of Zen-Oh looking over them as well or Perhaps his position is like Kami of Earth. It can be replaced by another or mortal. Zen-Oh couldnt even follow Hits and Dyspo's movements. I think he is very weak but the power of his erasure makes him a force. Zen-Oh isn't smart enough to create beings or guardian angels nor his two bodyguarrs. I think some higher being put him there with guardians to make sure nothing happens to him.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:56 am

precita wrote:Why does he have to be physically strong? Or even in terms of power?

I don't get what the big deal is. He can still control trillions of lives with the flick of his fingers, that's what makes him the most "powerful" being in existence so far.
We're not saying he has to be physically strong, but trying to examine possible weaknesses. I think it's so interesting to us because he doesn't really seem to be benevolent, but more like the destructive uncontrollable but naive force that Fat Buu once was, I think a lot of people really don't like Zeno and Grand Priest because they have shown faint possibilities of being 'evil', not from a character design dislike but the same way people want Black Goku/Zamasu to fail. Honestly no one will probably ever challenge Zeno's power and the tournament is probably truly just a lesson, but it's just fun to think about alternatives and possibilities.

TIme travel is enough to escape his erasure at least temporarily, and it's enough to copy him, so it's clear he is not completely invulnerable and his erasure may have some limits. Even if his erasing power has no limit, that doesn't mean he is necessarily unkillable or immune to being contained or disabled somehow.

In fact his sort of vulnerability to time travel means the Angels could potentially manipulate or undo his actions or at least hold it off if he attempted to erase them. I'd imagine the Angels time control and use of the time rings is a lot more powerful than Bulma's Time Machine...

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Zagacious wrote:
TheOne wrote:
avasatu wrote:It's explicitly stated by Whis that thinking of Zeno's strength in terms of battle power is the incorrect way of thinking about it.
Exactly.

I don't know why in the world people think Zeno was a fighter. Whis literally explained this the first time we saw him at the end of the Champa arc. The ability to erase anything at will trumps very high battle power.

I'm actually a little agitated that there's even a topic about this.
Because his abilities are vague at best and the fact his erasing is limitless was not actually stated? We're not talking about specific power level in comparison to other fighters, that would be pointless, but we're talking about how limitless or not his abilities are and if he has weaknesses or not, which is a highly discussed topic because it is so vague.

Even if one of the Angels outright stated 'Zeno's erasing power has no limit' there's no reason to believe them anyways. Think if you took a random Saiyan off of planet Vegeta and faced him next to Android 16 or Cell, he would seem limitless and all powerful in comparison. There's no reason to believe Angels or even Grand Priest knows the full extent of Zeno's powers. I'm sure a majority of Frieza's followers thought he was unbeatable and the most powerful being until they learned otherwise.
Well what could be more powerful than a being who can erase a universe in an instant and has control over all matter? I'm sure Grand Priest would like to know as well

Dai-Saiyajin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai-Saiyajin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:27 pm

I would love to see Freeza do to zeno what he did to those assassins of U9 in ep 95.

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:37 pm

I don't think he is "strong" in our definition of that word. I think he is powerful, meaning he is able to wipe created things from existence. What I don't understand in the Dragonball Universe is how things were created to begin with...? That has never been answered... like who created the Universessss. I'd like to see Zeno dethroned. A kid having that much power is a lame idea to start. :thumbdown:
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:08 am

Sonofman wrote:I don't think he is "strong" in our definition of that word. I think he is powerful, meaning he is able to wipe created things from existence. What I don't understand in the Dragonball Universe is how things were created to begin with...? That has never been answered... like who created the Universessss.
This guy:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:23 am

MainJPW wrote:Can't even follow FTL movements apparently.
He can just that Dyspo can push it into a far higher degree

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:25 am

Also Zeno wiped ft multiverse with ease and survived it plus if he was weak and GOD or angel would've take him out if they had a chance

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:55 am

Maybe we'll find out.

When their last fighter falls from the arena, perhaps the GoD of the defeated universe will unleash a surprise attack on the Zenos before he erases them. Should also have his fighters ready to run interference against the guards and the Grand Priest. If you're to be erased in a moment anyway, what have you got to lose?

Can you see that yellow mouse bastard going peacefully? He's either going to beg or attack.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:45 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: If Zeno was really "physically weak" don't you think the Grand Priest, with all of his otherwordly power and abilities would have already overthrown him, kill him, or seal him away or whatever?
If the Grand Priest cannot erase universes, then he needs Zeno around, just like Kami needs Shenron to make wishes.

But just like Shenron can be easily destroyed before granting a wish, Zeno could also possibly perish by a well-timed energy blast before he can clench his fist.