How powerful do you think Jiren is?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Potara_Vegetto

How powerful do you think Jiren is?

Post by Potara_Vegetto » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:50 pm

I think he's stronger than Beerus, but weaker than Vegetto.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: How powerful do you think Jiren is?

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:29 pm

I feel he's the strongest opponent that isn't on the level of a GoD. He's on a level to where a GoD would take him seriously to an extent in a fight, but not quite there on their level yet.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:34 pm

He's stronger than an ant, if an ant was this big.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Potara_Vegetto

Post by Potara_Vegetto » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:59 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:He's stronger than an ant, if an ant was this big.
LIAR, SUPER BUTT CAKES are just legends.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:07 pm

Stronger than everyone else participating in the tournament.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:22 pm

I'm hoping his power rivals Beerus, like being maybe 60% of Beerus' strength. I'm really ready for Goku to be approaching the strength of a GoD. It would be interesting if Jiren is just way stronger than everyone, even Goku's new form, and ultimately team work manages to take him down.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:25 pm

Potara_Vegetto wrote:I think he's stronger than Beerus, but weaker than Vegetto.
I don't think he's Vegetto Blue stronger either. Vegetto Blue's power is SSB Goku x SSB Vegeta... which is RIDICULOUS. I don't believe Jiren is that strong, but I can believe he's either close to, just as strong, or maybe even stronger than Beerus. And there are still four more universes stronger than Jiren's too... o.O

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:44 pm

Potara_Vegetto wrote:I think he's stronger than Beerus, but weaker than Vegetto.
Anime Vegetto isn't stronger than Beerus.

Potara_Vegetto

Post by Potara_Vegetto » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:56 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Anime Vegetto isn't stronger than Beerus.
"What a terrible ki. I've never seen such a powerful light."
"Your position as god surpasses our understanding."
"His power has not only increased, but I feel it has expanded infinitely."
- Comments about Zamasu Gattai

"You are only a human, but you have a power that surpasses the gods." - Zamasu Gattai. < He's not referring the Kaiohshins because we know that Goku and Vegeta already surpassed every Kaiohshin since the Boo saga.

Goku SS3 was easily defeated with 2 weak strikes from Beerus, but Goku fought Beerus using his base form again, he was able to resist normal punches from Beerus in his base form.

Goku SS3 and Vegeta SS2 weren't able to keep up a fight with Super Boo (Gotenks or Gohan), but with the Potara fusion, Vegetto was able to almost kill Super Boo without using his full power.

The Boo saga Vegetto (SS1), was as powerful as Goku SS4, now you have a base on how powerful a fusion between Goku and Vegeta is. Even if Goku Blue has 8% of Beeru's power, Vegetto would be stronger, that's not just a multiplier, its a potentialization and Vegetto still have that boost, a fusion between rivals are stronger than an ordinary fusion.

Toonami1998

Post by Toonami1998 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:16 pm

Jiren is strong enough to make Goku ascend, not beerus level at all but definitely a runner up to becoming a god of destruction.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:36 pm

Jiren>Vermoud>Beerus.

That's what i go with until proven he's not the Mortal Whis was talking about.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:18 am

I don't know but he has to be stronger than Champa at the very least.. I mean champs looks like a slob with zero fighting skills. Gods are overrated at this point.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:38 am

julianix wrote:I don't know but he has to be stronger than Champa at the very least.. I mean champs looks like a slob with zero fighting skills. Gods are overrated at this point.
Not likely. You people forget how a small portion of Sidras power almost brought Frieza and Goku to their knees. Beerus simply used his breath to blow it away.

Just because Champa is fat and ridiculous doesn't mean he's weak. He was carrying on at the U6 and U7 fight, but at the end Hit and his crew were saved from his destruction due to Zeno popping up.

Point is, read between the lines. None of the Gods of Destruction are pushovers.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:45 am

I doubt Jiren is stronger than a God of Destruction. Whatever mortal was mentioned as being stronger than such, it is likely he/she dwells in one of the non-participant universes.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:57 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Jiren>Vermoud>Beerus.

That's what i go with until proven he's not the Mortal Whis was talking about.
I just don't get why everyone assumes it's Jiren... Goodness gracious it's so annoying.

Vermoud seemed to not even know WHO JIREN WAS. When he asked Toppo if he could beat Goku in the tournament, he said "I don't know, BUT blah blah friend Jiren.." Essentially telling him if he can't do it his friend Jiren can.

Seriously. There's no evidence that points to Jiren being the guy whatsoever.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:46 am

Duo wrote:I doubt Jiren is stronger than a God of Destruction. Whatever mortal was mentioned as being stronger than such, it is likely he/she dwells in one of the non-participant universes.
Then why will the mortal be mentioned when asked about their chances in this tournament?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:48 am

Vegetto was said only in the manga to "possibly" be even stronger than Beerus, so I don't think there is so much room between them to make a guess this precise lol. They're both in the same ballpark.

Anyway, I still doubt Jiren is on the level of Beerus. Unless he is the one Whis referred to as stronger than both Beerus and his own GoD.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:22 am

More stronger than Goku and weaker than the Gods. After the new chapter i doubt that is the mortal stronger than Gods, the gap is too crazy.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:23 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Duo wrote:I doubt Jiren is stronger than a God of Destruction. Whatever mortal was mentioned as being stronger than such, it is likely he/she dwells in one of the non-participant universes.
Then why will the mortal be mentioned when asked about their chances in this tournament?
The point of that statement is to deliver an "Oh shit, really?" moment, but Whis' never actually said he knew if that mortal would be in the tournament or if that mortal was even from a participating universe, so I'm not willing to assume such.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:34 am

If the scaling remains linearly consistent, Jiren will surpass the degree of speed stated to be thousands of times greater than Dyspo's generic movement, the same speed that befuddled Champa in this recent episode. I'm more inclined to think he could be the ningen that Whis was referring to.