Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:00 am

The episode was alright I suppose. Even with the "dream team" it was sub par imo.

Toppo and Jiren just watching there teammate get eliminated without lifting a finger to help them is another level of stupid, but at least the patroller who got eliminated made sure Dyspo didn't get ringed out a couple of times, making him a bit useful.

Also good to see Dyspo temporarily having the advantage over a guy like Hit, wish I could say the same thing about characters from other universes like U2, U4, U3 having a character or two who's on that level. Only one who seems even remotely close to Hit or Goku level besides Jiren, Toppo, and Dyspo are Ribrianne.

As a fan of U4 designs I'm slightly hype for the preview, though I'm not excited about Roshi potentially taking them out. When characters in U7 or Kale and Caulifla get eliminated then the tournament will feel more legit, and hopefully they stupidly don't just have Jiren take nearly everyone's out.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:19 am

So much for throbbing bodies and bullets of light. You really can't put much stock in those tv guide previews, huh? :lol:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:58 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:So much for throbbing bodies and bullets of light. You really can't put much stock in those tv guide previews, huh? :lol:
About time people are realising this...100+ episodes in! I keep getting tired of saying it everytime these summaries crop up. It was so godamn annoying reading for weeks people complaining Hit got "jobbed and nerfed". :roll:

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:13 am

This episode was awesome! Loved Hit getting the front and center for most of the episode. Dyspo was also a really cool character too, and the whole idea that he can react before Hit's Time Skip is just crazy.

Though to be honest, I wasn't as thrilled to see the God form return as I thought I'd be. They gave no real explanation for it returning and basically just used the manga's reasoning as to why Goku was using it. Even though Goku has never done this in the past and throughout the rest of Super, Blue has never had any real draw back

If he continues to use it throughout the tournament, that would be cool. If not, and I doubt he will honestly, then it was honestly kind of pointless to me

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:34 am

MajinMan wrote:I mean, music is one of the most subjective things to argue about, but I genuinely feel that the music for this arc fits Dragon Ball more than Sumitomo's other work. The fight themes in particular have a jazzy type feel to them that I really like. I also like his use of the guitar in some of the songs. His new "laid back" music is also better than his previous ones. Not saying that the Future Trunks arc had bad music. I really liked Black's theme and the one that played when Trunks saved Goku and Vegeta from Merged Zamasu with his ki sword.
Sure is subjective, not saying his work in this arc was bad either, but none of the tracks that I heard until now caught my attention like the previous arc. I admit it's surprising seeing someone praise that much, I'll try to listen more often.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:39 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:So much for throbbing bodies and bullets of light. You really can't put much stock in those tv guide previews, huh? :lol:
About time people are realising this...100+ episodes in! I keep getting tired of saying it everytime these summaries crop up. It was so godamn annoying reading for weeks people complaining Hit got "jobbed and nerfed". :roll:
I realized that a long while back. They tend to highlight inconsequential things that don't mean much in the overall episode, like Krillin throwing those kienzan, or they practically make things up.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:39 am

Noah wrote:
MajinMan wrote:I mean, music is one of the most subjective things to argue about, but I genuinely feel that the music for this arc fits Dragon Ball more than Sumitomo's other work. The fight themes in particular have a jazzy type feel to them that I really like. I also like his use of the guitar in some of the songs. His new "laid back" music is also better than his previous ones. Not saying that the Future Trunks arc had bad music. I really liked Black's theme and the one that played when Trunks saved Goku and Vegeta from Merged Zamasu with his ki sword.
Sure is subjective, not saying his work in this arc was bad either, but none of the tracks that I heard until now caught my attention like the previous arc. I admit it's surprising seeing someone praise that much, I'll try to listen more often.
The thing with the music this arc is that it's pretty great, fits the scenes very well, but the songs aren't as memorable as the ones in the last arc.
I always forget about them after the episode, but I also always notice how good they work in the middle of the action.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:41 pm

So glad to see a good performance from Dyspo, been sticking up for him since introduction. No idea why everyone assumed him to be so weak.

Not really a fan of the episode though, the SSG return was really underwhelming. I just want to know if this could've been done before and why it wasn't/how it happened now. That's not too much to ask.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:48 pm

Surpassing light speed happened long ago...not sure why that was mentioned.

Aside from that thought it was a generally good episode. Liked that there was some strategy behind the fights.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:50 pm

One of the best episode
    The good
      -The fight with Hit vs Dyspo was great I really like the Dialogue of those two.
        -Champa was so funny in this episode.
          -Seeing SSG return was great.
            -Kunshi was very useful in this episode,This is how an Ability should be used.
              The Bad
                -Goku using raw power to overpowered Kunshi wire was dumb.
                  -No explanation of SSG which felt kinda forced.
                    Final Verdict
                      This is one of the best episode,I really like Hit in this episode through I'm not gonna be excited for the Next week episode.
                      Last edited by Spider-Man on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ki Breaker
                      Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:58 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Surpassing light speed happened long ago...not sure why that was mentioned.
                      For us, maybe it's still a big deal for their warriors expect few obvious ones..
                      The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Simere
                      Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:06 pm

I see a few sparking embers in my prediction that the Pride Troopers/Toppo don't actually believe in and practice justice. Was pretty dead there for a while.
                      GodKaio-Ken wrote:Surpassing light speed happened long ago...not sure why that was mentioned.
                      I take it the same way I take statements like "body like iron": still a word that conveys strength even if it's weak to what it's being compared to. They mentioned surpassing sound together with surpassing light, actually, and there's obviously an enormous gulf between the speed of those things. But "speed of sound" is still something we think of as fast.

Dragon Ball Ireland
                      I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:09 pm

Great to see Super Saiyan God again, really missed that form, particularly with the firey aura (nice aesthetic) and excited for the Goku and Hit team up.
                      Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Oracle
                      Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:19 pm

I hate that everything is cool techniques and stuff until the saiyajins arrive and beat everyone just with brute force. The more awesome non God tier guys appear the less I like that golden rule. Like Goku just powering up to beat the strategy of the blue trooper guy. ugh!

SSG still feels fresh, tho.

Boo Machine
                      I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:29 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:
                      Lord Frieza wrote:
                      HybridSaiyan wrote:Is this Dragon ball or Naruto?
                      Funny Naruto fans said the same thing when they got further into shippuden.
                      Lol I know. Why're they explaining all of their attacks? It just reminds me of Naruto.
                      Because people get mad when the show doesn't explain things. Without those explanations this thread would be filled with Anger and confusion about how Dyspo is winning and then Hit is winning all of a sudden. Look how many people are still angry because SSJ God isn't explained.

Well Mostly anyway, some are just angry about the form coming back in general.
                      SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Simere
                      Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:37 pm

Oracle wrote:I hate that everything is cool techniques and stuff until the saiyajins arrive and beat everyone just with brute force. The more awesome non God tier guys appear the less I like that golden rule. Like Goku just powering up to beat the strategy of the blue trooper guy. ugh!
                      I played a game of Starcraft the other day. My opponent had a mine field protecting their third base and my army would have been eviscerated going through it. I could have gone around but that would have taken too long, I could have bypassed them by air but that's arduous and risky, or I could have brought in detection for the mines and safely taken them out from afar. What I actually did was sacrifice 3/4ths of my army to the mines and took out his base with what remained, as he had nothing but the the mines for protection.

And that's the way strategy works. If your strategy is vulnerable to the application of force then it fails on a basic level. Kunshi should have had a better one.

Lord Frieza
                      I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:57 pm

You know, he aint the strongest and he aint the best but I'll be damed if the cocky bunny from U11 has really got me to like him for some reason.

Real ironic part, I was fighting soemone on Xeno 2, I dont do a lot of pvp, and they told me my weakness was the same as Dyspo's. While I had the edge in power my moves and actions were to linier and predictable from just fighting the A.I.

Kishido
                      Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:57 pm

A Jiren related question:

Could it be that Jiren has the same or better ability like Dyspo... The Get Lost meeting could be explained in simialr manner. Gokus tarts using his mouth and Jiren speed blitz him

RedHeat
                      Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:31 pm

Kishido wrote:A Jiren related question:

Could it be that Jiren has the same or better ability like Dyspo... The Get Lost meeting could be explained in simialr manner. Gokus tarts using his mouth and Jiren speed blitz him
                      Not totally related to your question, but I think Jiren has been studying potential opponents. Hence why he slightly grimaced when Toppo mentioned the trap Hit set.

So he now knows all of Hit's tricks and Goku's transformations.
                      Feels over Reals.

Noah
                      Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Oracle wrote:I hate that everything is cool techniques and stuff until the saiyajins arrive and beat everyone just with brute force. The more awesome non God tier guys appear the less I like that golden rule. Like Goku just powering up to beat the strategy of the blue trooper guy. ugh!
                      This is probably one of the major complaints about this episode and I agree with, that Kunshi guy had an interesting abillity that I think they could show Goku overcome by outsmarting him.
                      乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?