Interesting how most of Goku's Forms lack irises with the exception of..

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Interesting how most of Goku's Forms lack irises with the exception of..

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:28 pm

Interesting how most of Goku's Forms lack irises.. With the exception of Super Saiyan God and Goku's new Form coming up.

As you can see in the images i provided, Goku's Base, SSJ1-3 and even SSJ Blue doesn't provide Goku with any irises at all. He only possesses pupils. But now look at the SSJ God and Goku's new Limit Breaking Forms, in SSG, Goku has RED irises, and in the new Form he possesses SILVER irises, which makes these two forms stand out from the rest and unique. As i recall, SSJ God is the only form thus far of Goku that turns him into an actual Deity, even SSJ Blue doesn't do that despite providing him with God ki, it's literally a recolor. It keeps all of Goku's same features: same body build, same eyes (except for the color ofcourse). And basically everything is the same bar the things we know. Now this new Form coming up for Goku is what we all suspect to be a literal "God" form aswell. Hence why the eyes are different for the second time. What do you guys think about it?

http://imgur.com/a/vF09q

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: Interesting how most of Goku's Forms lack irises with the exception of..

Post by TheMikado » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:13 am

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:42 am

TheMikado wrote:Image
Non-canon. I don't count Super Saiyan 4. It's not part of the official main story. That said, now after thinking about it, SSJ3 had irises too, i only realised it after i made this thread. But still it retained the green eyes of the SSJ line, SSJ Gods had very large ones when he's calm and their red, Goku's new Form has cat/snake like eyes in silver. So these are at least much different and far more unique than SSJ3's.

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:33 am

Goku on crack...

one of the few things i didnt like about SS4 is the hairy body, 80s hair, and the so-not-dragonball eyes thing we are talking about here, same goes for SSG.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:24 am

Goku also has irises in Super Saiyan 3.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:34 am

emperior wrote:Goku also has irises in Super Saiyan 3.
In GT he doesn't which freaks me the fuck out Edit: Gotenks is like that too which is still off-putting. :?
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:20 am

I think it's more a visual design rather than anything significant.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:58 am

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:06 pm

My theory on the irises: when their eyes are in black mode, they just have black irises/black pupils so you don't notice.

In SSJ3/SSG: The iris changes color to blue/red.

But for SSJ/SSB, my theory is: pupils are fully open, and you are seeing an inner reflective retina, increasing perception overall. think it has to do with the aura/energy illuminating them from the inside. I don't know why SSJ3 is different. Eye structure may be different since there is so many bodily changes. SSG has a distinctly different aura/illumination, so it doesn't do that.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:39 pm

MR.Mark wrote:Image
"I HATE YOU!!!!!"

Sorry, couldn't resist. Perhaps I should have gone with "I WILL RUIN YOU!!!!!"
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:29 am

Pluto wrote: one of the few things i didnt like about SS4 is the hairy body, 80s hair, and the so-not-dragonball eyes thing we are talking about here, same goes for SSG.
Wait, what do you mean with "one of the few things" you didn't like? You didn't like the body, the hair or the eyes. What else is there to like (or not) about it, design wise?
Not trying to be an asshole, I just found it funny how you basically said "one of the few things i didnt like about SS4 is the whole design" :mrgreen:

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:33 am

emi_b7 wrote:
Pluto wrote: one of the few things i didnt like about SS4 is the hairy body, 80s hair, and the so-not-dragonball eyes thing we are talking about here, same goes for SSG.
Wait, what do you mean with "one of the few things" you didn't like? You didn't like the body, the hair or the eyes. What else is there to like (or not) about it, design wise?
Not trying to be an asshole, I just found it funny how you basically said "one of the few things i didnt like about SS4 is the whole design" :mrgreen:
yea i take that back, i didnt like it at all.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:28 am

I actually really like SSJ4 minus the gorilla eye mascara and shadow :lol: its basically my only positive from GT except the final battle.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:30 pm

Base: same color hair and eyes (black) different color aura. (White)

Super Saiyan 1-3 same color hair and aura (Gold/yellow) different color eyes (green/blueish).

Super Saiyan God: All the same! All 3, eyes, hair and aura are Red. (It gains irises for the second time after SSJ3).

Super Saiyan Blue: All the same aswell! It is perhaps the most simple form in terms of design. It has hair, eyes, and aura blue, yet doesn't provide them with irises like SSJ God.

New Form: The opposite! All different! This is the first time all 3 things are different from one another, he has blue/white aura, he has silver eyes, and black hair!

When it comes to eyes, this form is the most unique and different from all of Goku's forms when it comes to the eyes. Not only does it provide Goku with actual irises just like SSJ3 and SSJ God, but this is the first time the pupils change, from a simple point/dot to something resembling a cat or snake. Also, it's Silver, a color we've never seen before, and to top it off, it has no connection to the rest of his body/form/transformation. It's just randomly silver, i like it!

Super Saiyan God, an actual Deity (unlike SSj Blue) had Goku's Base Form hairstyle. This new Form will have too, it only stands a little bit more up, but to balance that, it's actually Black! Hence a true Base Mystic/Ultimate Form! Yet it's still considered a transformation ofcourse, much like the Ultimate State for Gohan, it's something they turn into, rather than staying that way 24/7.

That said, to get back to my point, since SSJ God was an actual deity, and had Base form hairstyle, and this Form will too, i think this will be Goku's second "God form" a TRUE Super Saiyan God! It even posesses Godly ki, as we can see in the poster.
Base + God ki = God perfected! (Mastered God Form). Just like Beerus and all the other Hakaishins.

Unlike SSJ Blue that's merely a mortal using the energy and power of the Gods, this new Form (like SSJ God) will make him, once again, a true God.